ImageImageImageImage

JJ Being Traded?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Re: JJ Being Traded? 

Post#61 » by Orange Ave. » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:10 pm

I had no friggin' idea cougar was a girl :o :o
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#62 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:16 pm

Redick is trash.

No worries Cougar, I'll walk myself to the doghouse.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#63 » by eyriq » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:40 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Redick is trash.

OMG, this killed me! :falloff:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#64 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:51 pm

i still think a team like the Rockets, Warriors or Thunder would give us Dorsey, Hendrix or DJ White for JJ. he'd fit their system, and they'd fit our needs (can't promise they'd fit our system.... SVG doesn't seem to like many guys on the team beyond our current 8 man rotation...)

maybe Phili could be convinced to swap Speights for JJ + a future 1st?

or perhaps Memphis would give up Arthur for JJ + future first? or maybe if we took back one of their contracts with the TPE it'd help to sweeten the pot.

these are all young bigs that i feel would be a good fit for our team and are fair deals IMO.

Cougar, how do you feel about potentially becoming a fan of one of those teams? :wink:
huskyfan224
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#65 » by huskyfan224 » Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:10 pm

Redick doesnt play bc he isnt good. he would not thrive anywhere in the nba. luke walton for jj redick, r u kidding me? u r seriously over estimating how much this guy is worth. he averages a a point per game in the nba.
Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Post#66 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Sun Nov 9, 2008 11:23 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:I had no friggin' idea cougar was a girl :o :o

Isn't cougar a slang term for a older woman that likes to get with younger men... :lol:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#67 » by Cammo101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:55 am

Courtney Lee is my new man crush, I have moved on from JJ. He will only bring me down.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#68 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:12 am

OK - so does cougar possess lady parts?

There are no women on the Internetz as far as I was aware.

P.S. JJ sucks.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#69 » by Cammo101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:13 am

N4U|Redux wrote:OK - so does cougar possess lady parts?

There are no women on the Internetz as far as I was aware.

P.S. JJ sucks.

There is only one true way to tell if she is a female on the internet. IM here and see if she tries to get you to watch her webcam for 9.99 a month.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#70 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:16 am

Cammo101 wrote:There is only one true way to tell if she is a female on the internet. IM here and see if she tries to get you to watch her webcam for 9.99 a month.

:rofl:
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#71 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:52 am

You know, I think it's very possible that J.J. could end up going to another team and doing better. You see that in the league all the time.

But I also cannot believe that BOTH Brian Hill and Stan Van Gundy are just plain stupid or aren't playing him out of spite when he is better than players who are playing for the Magic. What possible motivation could they have for that? I was disappointed in at least the one game that he did play 20 minutes that he didn't hit a field goal.

3-pointer chimes in for a Lakers deal, when they really don't have anyone who they would trade the Magic that Orlando would want. (Don't need Luke. They have an abundance of small forwards, and they already sent the Magic one player they did not want anymore in Cookie. This is not the first time this has happened. It makes me wonder if reps of his agent (Arn Tellem, who is based in L.A.) are trolling on the Web trying to promote his interests.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#72 » by Versubio » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 am

MagicBasketba11 wrote:
It should come as no surprise, but JJ has a snowballs chance in hell of getting a real opportunity with your team. If the fans don't want him and he's not playing more minutes, Orlando should just go ahead and trade JJ...

It may not seem like it on this forum but just about every Magic fan want to see him play. Everytime the guy enters the game Amway Arena goes crazy as if we had just won the NBA championship, and even sometimes they break out in a 'WE WANT REDICK' chant. Seems like really the only one that doesn't want him to play is Van Gundy.

Yes, Redick is Orlando's Rudy.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#73 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:13 am

lovehoops01 wrote:You know, I think it's very possible that J.J. could end up going to another team and doing better. You see that in the league all the time.

But I also cannot believe that BOTH Brian Hill and Stan Van Gundy are just plain stupid or aren't playing him out of spite when he is better than players who are playing for the Magic. What possible motivation could they have for that? I was disappointed in at least the one game that he did play 20 minutes that he didn't hit a field goal.

3-pointer chimes in for a Lakers deal, when they really don't have anyone who they would trade the Magic that Orlando would want. (Don't need Luke. They have an abundance of small forwards, and they already sent the Magic one player they did not want anymore in Cookie. This is not the first time this has happened. It makes me wonder if reps of his agent (Arn Tellem, who is based in L.A.) are trolling on the Web trying to promote his interests.

in a system where the coach isn't as concerned about defense, like Golden State or New York, JJ would fit in well. he'd probably even become a stud in Utah's offense. and a team that lacks shooting, like Oklahoma or Phili could probably find a way to work him into the lineup, regardless of defensive inability, simply because they need a shooter on the floor.

it just happens that other players have performed better in the chances SVG has given them. i don't think it neccessarily means they're overall head and shoulders better than him, just that they stepped up at the right time and haven't felt pressure of an SVG short leash.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#74 » by EasternMagic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:35 am

J-Mezzy wrote:Redick is trash.

:rofl2: oh man... so witty lol
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:42 am

Bensational wrote:i still think a team like the Rockets, Warriors or Thunder would give us Dorsey, Hendrix or DJ White for JJ. he'd fit their system, and they'd fit our needs (can't promise they'd fit our system.... SVG doesn't seem to like many guys on the team beyond our current 8 man rotation...)

maybe Phili could be convinced to swap Speights for JJ + a future 1st?

or perhaps Memphis would give up Arthur for JJ + future first? or maybe if we took back one of their contracts with the TPE it'd help to sweeten the pot.

these are all young bigs that i feel would be a good fit for our team and are fair deals IMO.

Cougar, how do you feel about potentially becoming a fan of one of those teams? :wink:

Sorry will still be a Magic fan. That kind of comment deserves a trip to the doghouse don't you think. :lol:
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:45 am

I just realized that if you didn't have Redick to post about most of you wouldn't be here cheering on the Magic because you would have nothing to complain about.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#77 » by NetsForce » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:09 am

Is JJ that bad defensively? Or is this just a Sean Williams situation where the coach hates a player and his shortcomings are vastly exaggerated?
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 am

NetsForce wrote:Is JJ that bad defensively? Or is this just a Sean Williams situation where the coach hates a player and his shortcomings are vastly exaggerated?

My guess some where inbetween, but you know people they need someone to hate.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#79 » by Dwightmare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm

cougar13 wrote:I just realized that if you didn't have Redick to post about most of you wouldn't be here cheering on the Magic because you would have nothing to complain about.

Wow, that just blew my mind.....
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#80 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:25 pm

So how many people are in cougar's doghouse? Enough for a party, I reckon, although it would appear to be a bit of a sausage-fest. Cougar, send some women to the doghouse!

Return to Orlando Magic