ImageImageImageImage

JJ Being Traded?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Re: JJ Being Traded? 

Post#81 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:26 pm

cougar13 wrote:I just realized that if you didn't have Redick to post about most of you wouldn't be here cheering on the Magic because you would have nothing to complain about.

:rofl: Yeah, the 2395 topics that aren't about JJ were started in the hope that they would be hijacked into JJ discussions.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#82 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:29 pm

NetsForce wrote:Is JJ that bad defensively? Or is this just a Sean Williams situation where the coach hates a player and his shortcomings are vastly exaggerated?

The last two years, he was that bad. He struggled with rotations, and his footspeed and strength weren't good enough for man on man D, especially with the sorts of athletes who play the 2. He does appear to have improved in the build up to this season, but in the first three games he was horrendous, whilst Keith Bogans, his main opponent for minutes, has been playing well above expectations. SVG has been very complimentary of JJ, and certainly doesn't appear to hate him, but we have a logjam of wing players and they can't all see the floor.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#83 » by mhectorgato » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 pm

NetsForce wrote:Is JJ that bad defensively? Or is this just a Sean Williams situation where the coach hates a player and his shortcomings are vastly exaggerated?

2 very different coaches now. But there is potential there and apparently a good worth ethic.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#84 » by Hairy Midget » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:25 pm

I don't think JJ's defense is THAT bad, but the problem is that as soon as he goes in, the man he's guarding just gets a ridiculous amount of confidence and starts hitting everything.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#85 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Hairy Midget wrote:I don't think JJ's defense is THAT bad, but the problem is that as soon as he goes in, the man he's guarding just gets a ridiculous amount of confidence and starts hitting everything.

:D
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#86 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Hairy Midget wrote:I don't think JJ's defense is THAT bad, but the problem is that as soon as he goes in, the man he's guarding just gets a ridiculous amount of confidence and starts hitting everything.

So you're saying that because his opponent thinks JJ's defense is bad, he goes on a hot streak and it ends up looking that way. Awesome, JJ is a placebo for shooting struggles :D
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#87 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Interesting it seems the Raptors are looking for outside shooting, but are not talking to the Magic, must be that Otis is happy with the way things stand.
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... d_bobcats/
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:18 pm

MitchellUK wrote:

The last two years, he was that bad. He struggled with rotations, and his footspeed and strength weren't good enough for man on man D, especially with the sorts of athletes who play the 2. He does appear to have improved in the build up to this season, but in the first three games he was horrendous, whilst Keith Bogans, his main opponent for minutes, has been playing well above expectations. SVG has been very complimentary of JJ, and certainly doesn't appear to hate him, but we have a logjam of wing players and they can't all see the floor.

His defense wasn't bad, but he missed his 8 shots in those three games he played. Completely different storyline.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#89 » by EasternMagic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 pm

cougar13 wrote:I just realized that if you didn't have Redick to post about most of you wouldn't be here cheering on the Magic because you would have nothing to complain about.

LOL if JJ wasnt on the magic you would be on some d-league board annoying them.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#90 » by Dwightmare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:47 pm

The Raptors have a superior version of JJ Redick in Kapono. They (along with most of the league including the Magic) have NO INTEREST in JJ.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 pm

dwightmeer wrote:The Raptors have a superior version of JJ Redick in Kapono. They (along with most of the league including the Magic) have NO INTEREST in JJ.

And my post agreed that the Magic have no interest in Redick, because Otis Smith seems to be happy with the status quo if you had read my post instead of attacking.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:50 pm

EasternMagic wrote:

LOL if JJ wasnt on the magic you would be on some d-league board annoying them.

No I would still be here correcting you so you would not get away with all the BS that you post.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#93 » by mhectorgato » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:08 pm

cougar13 wrote:
dwightmeer wrote:The Raptors have a superior version of JJ Redick in Kapono. They (along with most of the league including the Magic) have NO INTEREST in JJ.

And my post agreed that the Magic have no interest in Redick, because Otis Smith seems to be happy with the status quo if you had read my post instead of attacking.

You mean winning? That is the point in playing the game ... right?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#94 » by magicfan4life05 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:11 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

You mean winning? That is the point in playing the game ... right?

Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#95 » by Dwightmare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:16 pm

cougar13 wrote:

You were making it sound like the Raptors were looking for shooters and that JJ was an option for Otis to explore trading. Just letting you know that wasnt the case.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:19 pm

And my post agreed that the Magic have no interest in Redick, because Otis Smith seems to be happy with the status quo if you had read my post instead of attacking.[/quote]

You mean winning? That is the point in playing the game ... right?[/quote]

No my point was in Otis Smith's own logic he is happy the way the team is right now, meaning no trade for Redick or any other player like Cook who has shown his ire at not playing while Redick has not shown any such ire this year.
I really don't know or understand Smith's logic, but neither do any of us if we did then we might all understand why he does what he does and that is hard to truly understand.
Hopefully Smith is all about winning, but who knows maybe it's about fielding a team that does not cost the owners too much money. Like not going over the Lux tax.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 pm

dwightmeer wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

You were making it sound like the Raptors were looking for shooters and that JJ was an option for Otis to explore trading. Just letting you know that wasnt the case.

If you read what I posted I said that Otis Smith is happy with the way things are with the Magic. It's his own logic. Redick was never an option for the Raptors, because Otis Smith wants Redick to stay with the Magic his logic not mine or yours from what you have posted.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#98 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:45 pm

cougar13 wrote:
If you read what I posted I said that Otis Smith is happy with the way things are with the Magic. It's his own logic. Redick was never an option for the Raptors, because Otis Smith wants Redick to stay with the Magic his logic not mine or yours from what you have posted.

Do you have some secret portal into Otis' mind, a la 'Being John Malkovich'? Because I, for one, have zero idea what Otis' actual opinion of the individual Magic players, and team as a whole, is. We can safely assume that he is happy with the likes of Dwight, Shard and Hedo, and certainly he has an affinity with Meer, but the rest of the squad? If you take what he says at face value, he probably is happy with his team. But we already know you can't do that with him - in 06 he pulled off the Cato/Arroyo/Darko trade, and the Francis/Ariza trade, out of nowhere. Last season he moved Ariza for Cook and Evans with little to no warning. I'll take anything Otis' says about complimentary or fringe players with a pinch of salt, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see moves made this season.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#99 » by mhectorgato » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:10 pm

MitchellUK wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Do you have some secret portal into Otis' mind, a la 'Being John Malkovich'? Because I, for one, have zero idea what Otis' actual opinion of the individual Magic players, and team as a whole, is. We can safely assume that he is happy with the likes of Dwight, Shard and Hedo, and certainly he has an affinity with Meer, but the rest of the squad? If you take what he says at face value, he probably is happy with his team. But we already know you can't do that with him - in 06 he pulled off the Cato/Arroyo/Darko trade, and the Francis/Ariza trade, out of nowhere. Last season he moved Ariza for Cook and Evans with little to no warning. I'll take anything Otis' says about complimentary or fringe players with a pinch of salt, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see moves made this season.

So is this gramatically correct: "JJ are going to be traded"?

Because when you speak of JJ, you are including 3pt threat and cougar, whether mentioned directly or not, since it's a collective noun rather than singular.
MitchellUK
RealGM

Post#100 » by MitchellUK » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 pm

mhectorgato wrote:Because when you speak of JJ, you are including 3pt threat and cougar, whether mentioned directly or not, since it's a collective noun rather than singular.

:rofl2:

Return to Orlando Magic