ImageImageImageImage

Semi OT: Trade Adonal? Drats! Foyled again!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Semi OT: Trade Adonal? Drats! Foyled again! 

Post#1 » by Neon1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Was anyone aware that Adonal Foyle is one of the "Vote yes on Scrubs with Trade Clauses Act" ala Devan George veto'ing the JKidd to Dallas trade last year?

Its crazy the long line of scrubs mixed in here with trade veto power this year. Funniest **** is Adonal isnt even the least deserving player...

All 18 of these players do have some form of No Trade Clause for at least his ENTIRE YEAR and cannot be traded without thier consent.

Mario West (ATL)
Sam Cassell (BOS)
Eddie House (BOS)
Ryan Hollins (CHA)
Ben Gordon (CHI)
Demietrius Nichols (CHI)
Anderson Varajao (CLE)
Deavan George (DAL)
Anthony Carter (DEN)
Walter Herrmman (DET)
Keleenna Azibuike (GSW)
Carl Landry (HOU)
Kobe Bryant (LAL)
Ryan Bowen (NO)
Robert Swift (OKC)
Adonal Foyle (ORL)
Michael Finley (SAS)
C.J. Miles (UTA)
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: Semi OT: Trade Adonal? Drats! Foyled again! 

Post#2 » by glennathan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Wow!! Now I am pissed that means we cannot get Walter Hermman without his approval. Dang it I knew there was something up with Detroit.

Sry I had a hard time keeping a straight face while typing that. This is a rediculous number of players who have a No Trade Clause in their contract. The only one on the list that even comes close to deserving that is Kobe. Unbeliveable.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Neon1
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neon1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:09 pm

glennathan wrote:Wow!! Now I am pissed that means we cannot get Walter Hermman without his approval. Dang it I knew there was something up with Detroit.

Sry I had a hard time keeping a straight face while typing that. This is a rediculous number of players who have a No Trade Clause in their contract. The only one on the list that even comes close to deserving that is Kobe. Unbeliveable.

Well its not the type of No Trade Clause that is requested/demanded to be written into a contract like Kobe's is. It an automatic player protection type thing when a player accepts a team's 1yr qualifying offer, or when a player resigns to a 1yr deal with his former team. The other way of getting one is when you have your restricted free agent offer sheet matched (Varajao, Miles etc.) they cant be traded for a year.

It has to do with protecting the player from losing his bird rights status. If these players approve a trade they lose all bird rights (which means no sign and trade availability or going over the cap to re-sign that player.)

In other words a player like Ben Gordon who is looking for a payday will not accept a trade this year. No chance.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#4 » by glennathan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:14 am

Is this kinda of like the Corey Maggette and Elton Brand for the Clippers?
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#5 » by NEM » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 am

yo neon, hit me up, i got some tickets for you bruh
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#6 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 am

In the NBA, the no trade clause is more for veterans who sign short deals not looking to move. I think the list is completely understandable. There are definitely people on there that shouldn't be...but it is definitely more than just Kobe that should be on there.
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#7 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:34 am

i like the title of this thread pretty catchy
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
Neon1
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neon1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 am

RawLewD12 wrote:yo neon, hit me up, i got some tickets for you bruh

mysteriousbda@yahoo.com hit me there then i can just send you my cell and you can text. I been on a hellafied night shift, got 28 days vacation spread out between now and new years though... 8-)

Neon1
RealGM

Post#9 » by Neon1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:38 am

glennathan wrote:Is this kinda of like the Corey Maggette and Elton Brand for the Clippers?

You lost me.

if anybody wants to understand why they have it just go use the trade machine checker and read Foyle, Varajao, Kobe and Ryan Hollins trade restrictions each of them have a different variation of it.

It can explain it better than i can. Besides...i dont feel like it.. :D

Return to Orlando Magic