ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Mavericks

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Re: Magic @ Mavericks 

Post#361 » by MMFla » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 am

Whew..I doubted this one since the first 40 3 pointers we launched in the first minute. The Mavs record may be bad but they are still are great team good thing to finally win a close one there after losing so many close ones before.

Nelson, Lewis, MP did great when MP hit that 3 I was like no way a 4th quarter 3 when we need it goes down. I liked Clee going in early in the game his defense is very good he did hit a 3 and got a nice ally-oop I would have liked to see him more, Bogans was kind of invisible. If MP can stay out of foul trouble and play in the 4th like today we should be pretty good.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#362 » by ivDT » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 am

so, what did SVG have to say about tonight's performance? anyone catch his postgame?
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#363 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 am

^^^He was happily relieved as expected after a huge road win.

Glad to get that big monkey off our back. :D
Whole starting 5 (including Hedo) deserves a round of applause for a gutsy showing.
Should've known things would get better when we saw how pissed Dwight AND Rashard got. 'Shard needed this game badly and how about Peaches with four 3-balls. :)
38% shooting as well as getting doubled up on points in the paint and we still win, Stan will gladly take it on the road. :)

Great night overall, got to see Endeavour take off on my 417-408 drive home from UCF. Very cool.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#364 » by Potterman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:24 am

Stan Van Dame, a master of psychology took to his normal nature of congratulating the players for hanging in there when statistically they pretty much got thrashed.

Of course he said it with a smile on his face. He also said he likes this game for there effort more then any other in this season thus far. Take it with a grain of salt. That mans a genius when it comes to motivation in my opinion.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
szimab01
Starter
And1: 0

Post#365 » by szimab01 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:31 am

peaches was great tonight. Rashard was also very solid and seemed to play his way out of this funk he got himself into. It's good to see Lewis fight for rebounds, drive the ball and do other things to score other than just taking jumpers from the 3pt line. He's a very capable scorer when applies himself.
It was a good win but, it was far from convincing. The Mavs would have to feel like that they let this one slip.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#366 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:45 am

WAR CRY:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
mavsfoty
Sixth Man

Post#367 » by mavsfoty » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 am

Congrats on the W. Best of luck the rest of the way.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#368 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:02 am

Thanks, you guys still have a good team.... just gotta fix those 4th quarter blues
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#369 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:33 am

Good win, i was screaming with the victory, MVPs are definitely Pietrus, Lewis and Nelson, please lets close it out and go 3-0 on the road trip...
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#370 » by Devin 1L » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:57 am

rurouniad wrote:Stan Van Dame, a master of psychology took to his normal nature of congratulating the players for hanging in there when statistically they pretty much got thrashed.

Of course he said it with a smile on his face. He also said he likes this game for there effort more then any other in this season thus far. Take it with a grain of salt. That mans a genius when it comes to motivation in my opinion.

I agree.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#371 » by drsd » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:35 am

This was a huge win for the coach. To be down 11 in the forth and win the game is all on Stan the Man.
eru
Ballboy

Post#372 » by eru » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:36 am

Jameers stats are good but only 2 ast?
Lewis 0
Pietrus 1
Hedo 1
Dwight 2
AJ 6
Only 12 assists.
The sad thing is AJ played awful. We need more assists. We cannot keep winning just forcing inside or playing 1on1. Magic is the 4th lowest team in Assists. I think we play in a chaotic way that does not allow the opponents to pass the ball also.
Wayland The Smith
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#373 » by Wayland The Smith » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:39 am

When they lead by 15, i gave up watching.. i woke up and saw the result and i was like wow :D
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#374 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:35 am

i like how pietrus almost dunked on dampier like 3 times in the game he took he hard...haha..those dunks wouldve been sicker than anything ariza ever did..he just takes off from the FT line expecting to throw it down on dirk/dampier/diop..the entire mavs team..onl to get hung by the rim lol...who does he think he is..vince?
Work Hard
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#375 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:34 pm

This was a good win for us, on the road and down by 15. The Magic have not been a good come from behind team the last few years, in fact they have been terrible at it. So it was a good sign that they did not pack it in and keep going at it even though Dallas had the momentum most of the game. I hope this come back victory carries over into more such wins.

Pietrus was fantastic. How many cold blooded shots did he hit? I love this guy.

Lee's defense is fantastic. The kid is one heck of a defensive player. He keeps people in front of him and he challenges shots really well.

Lewis stoped settleling for jumpers and took the ball to the rim like he should do more, as a result he shot more FT's which being a good FT shooter he needs to do. He also played some good alert defense on the passing lanes against Dirk.
aka: prorl
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#376 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Gotta say though, we won't win very many games this season playing like that. We got very lucky in this one. I suppose we were due for one of these kind of games to go our way. It usually works out the opposite for us.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#377 » by Shishnizzle » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:50 pm

It's an 82 games season. A team is not going to play great basketball every night. it is a sign of a good team to persevere on the road on an off night.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#378 » by drsd » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:52 pm

BigCityCat wrote:It's an 82 games season. A team is not going to play great basketball every night. it is a sign of a good team to persevere on the road on an off night.

+1

This excellent editorial is a focus on the difference between 45 and 55 wins.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#379 » by Driguez » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Jameer, gotta give it to you. Great J's when we most needed them, and he was KILLING JKidd.
MP agressive to the basket, plus all of those 3's. wow.
RASHARD! I have to say i see a dif Rashard from last year, his D its VERY underrated, his game its coming easier to him, love his post up game. AND im seeing more passion from him.
Hedo had a quiet night.
KB had a quiet night as well, but i saw some great D form him.
CLee, im loving this kid, lots of promise.
Dwight was just Dwight, had a great game, lots of banging with their bigs, still owned.

Overall was a great win for our guys, down 15 and come back with the W. Talk about confidence booster. BTW all of those 3's on the first Q, eww...
"We all we got"- SVG
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#380 » by MitchellUK » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Driguez wrote:Jameer, gotta give it to you. Great J's when we most needed them, and he was KILLING JKidd.
MP agressive to the basket, plus all of those 3's. wow.
RASHARD! I have to say i see a dif Rashard from last year, his D its VERY underrated, his game its coming easier to him, love his post up game. AND im seeing more passion from him.
Hedo had a quiet night.
KB had a quiet night as well, but i saw some great D form him.
CLee, im loving this kid, lots of promise.
Dwight was just Dwight, had a great game, lots of banging with their bigs, still owned.

Overall was a great win for our guys, down 15 and come back with the W. Talk about confidence booster. BTW all of those 3's on the first Q, eww...

Got to agree with pretty much all of that. I know Dirk went 10-18 for the night, but Shard did an outstanding job defending pretty much straight up all game. And I love how even with his shooting struggles he is doing things to help the team win - rebounds are significantly up on last year, and steals and blocks also.

Watching the game I was a little disappointed with our perimeter D, but on reflection, J. Howard and Terry only had average shooting nights by their own standards. I still think we need to protect the lanes and force teams to shoot over us more, but I have seen us play worse defensively, and we at least showed up when it mattered in terms of protecting the bucket.

Jameer was pretty good. He was one of the people I was disappointed in defensively - he played way too far up on Jason Kidd, when everyone knows Kidd often can't, and almost always won't shoot. Playing so close up gave Kidd the opportunity to take him off the dribble. However, Meer gave just as good as he got, and really took it to Kidd in the second half. Him catching fire in the fourth was vital.

Hedo was fairly anonymous. Surprising, but he still looks a little out of shape to me.

I was really pleased with Dwight. Dampier did what he needed to to try and slow D12 down, and that was play him really, really physically, but Howard didn't back down or allow himself to be intimidated, and still had a solid game. Special mention to his work on the offensive glass - his 8 offensive rebounds were essential in the end, as second chance points were where we really beat them.

Pietrus dagger threes need little more mention, and his general hustle and aggressiveness were really pleasing.

I love with Courtney Lee's game. His whole attitude, and the way he carries himself on the floor, is so, so good to see - I think we really do have a potential gem of a player on our hands.

Aj's distribution was good, but that just makes me wonder more why he took so many ill-advised shots.

Bogans and Battie - solid if unspectacular, but often that is all you need from the bench. They did their jobs and did them well.

Return to Orlando Magic