ImageImageImageImage

Lack of moves...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Lack of moves... 

Post#1 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:09 pm

sorry to create another thread but I searched 4 pages that this could relate to.

How come Otis hasn't found a third pg? Could've looked at and signed Hunter or Armstrong.

How come Otis isn't attempting to bring in McDyess?

How come Otis hasn't attempted to trade for Sean Williams? Williams is on the trading block.

IMO this team needs another big body(pf/c) and a third pg.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: Lack of moves... 

Post#2 » by mhectorgato » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:sorry to create another thread but I searched 4 pages that this could relate to.

How come Otis hasn't found a third pg? Could've looked at and signed Hunter or Armstrong.

How come Otis hasn't attempted to trade for Sean Williams? Williams is on the trading block.

How come you know that Otis hasn't looked at Hunter or Armstrong?

How come you know that Otis isn't attempting to bring in McDyess?

How come you know that Otis hasn't attempted to trade for Sean Williams?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:39 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:sorry to create another thread but I searched 4 pages that this could relate to.

They'd be here by know
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#4 » by craig01 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Sean Williams might be related to John "hot plate" Williams by their aggressive appetite.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,240

Post#5 » by eyriq » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

maybe this is why Otis didn't bring in Hunter;

FBI still looking into Bulls Lindsey Hunter

Spokesmen for both the Wayne County (Mich.) Sheriff's Department and FBI confirmed an investigation remains open regarding a complaint from a maintenance man in that county's school system alleging he was conned into a house-flipping scheme by a man with ties to Lindsey Hunter. The Bulls are aware of the incident and assume it won't lead to charges. -- Chicago Tribune
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#6 » by mhectorgato » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:They'd be here by know

Maybe Otis went after them and they didn't want to come?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#7 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:17 pm

eyriq wrote:maybe this is why Otis didn't bring in Hunter;

FBI still looking into Bulls Lindsey Hunter

Spokesmen for both the Wayne County (Mich.) Sheriff's Department and FBI confirmed an investigation remains open regarding a complaint from a maintenance man in that county's school system alleging he was conned into a house-flipping scheme by a man with ties to Lindsey Hunter. The Bulls are aware of the incident and assume it won't lead to charges. -- Chicago Tribune

Maybe
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#8 » by Devin 1L » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

They'd be here by know

What makes you think McDyess would come here?

Others can offer more money and higher Championship odds, and Detroit can offer the place that he wanted to be to begin with.

Also, I don't really see why we need Sean Williams. He'd probably be in the same position here. Howard, Lewis and Battie will all get their minutes up front. If we're going to give minutes to a young guy, why not just give them to Gortat? Take possible character issues into account (note: "possible", I don't want to label a guy forever, ya' know.), then I just don't see a big motive to go after him.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#9 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:25 pm

I love these threads where people just assume Otis is sitting at home taking a bubble bath and smoking a corn cob pipe, not doing anything for the team.

From what I read, 17 teams have expressed interest in McD...how do you know we weren't 1?

Earlier on Otis said that finding another PG was a major priority. We are 8 games in to the season...I think we still have time until the deadline.

How do you know Otis didn't give them a call about Williams but they were asking way too much? Or that we offered way too little?

Take a second and realize that all of the info you read on this wonderful board is not the only stuff that actually goes on.
goflyakite
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#10 » by goflyakite » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 pm

JJ for Williams, in some form?
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#11 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:35 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:I love these threads where people just assume Otis is sitting at home taking a bubble bath and smoking a corn cob pipe, not doing anything for the team.

From what I read, 17 teams have expressed interest in McD...how do you know we weren't 1?

Earlier on Otis said that finding another PG was a major priority. We are 8 games in to the season...I think we still have time until the deadline.

How do you know Otis didn't give them a call about Williams but they were asking way too much? Or that we offered way too little?

Take a second and realize that all of the info you read on this wonderful board is not the only stuff that actually goes on.

I didn't assume he's just chillin at home taking bubble bath and smoking a bowl, I just think we need to move a little faster.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#12 » by Cammo101 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:15 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:I love these threads where people just assume Otis is sitting at home taking a bubble bath and smoking a corn cob pipe, not doing anything for the team.

Agreed. McDyess is going back to Detroit and everyone in the world knows it. We do not have the tradable pieces to move for Sean Williams. Maybe Otis wants a PG under the age of 55.

These are real stretches for a hate on Otis thread. Try one about the AJ signing, might win me over.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#13 » by Cammo101 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:16 am

Nemesis21 wrote:

I didn't assume he's just chillin at home taking bubble bath and smoking a bowl, I just think we need to move a little faster.

This isn't NBA Live, it takes 2 to tango.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#14 » by TMU » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 am

Michael Pietrus ends the thread.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#15 » by trebone » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:59 pm

It still very early in the season and I think we need a little more time to see where this team is heading, if we are trading cook or JJ go ahead I just dont think either of those players will bring anything in of value so maybe otis is just saying screw it we can run with what we have up till the deadline. I think stan needs to play the starters a little less when we have nice leads but other than that we are winning now so leave it be
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#16 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

I agree with the last post.

The bench appears to suck, but I'd let this sort itself out for a while.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#17 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:38 pm

The best part about this thread is the complaining we'll see in the next thread when Otis finally does make a move and folks hate it.
boricua_basket
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#18 » by boricua_basket » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm

dude f()ck a 3rd PG how about a second? Come on... have you seen the games? Have you seen the stats? Collectively AJ and Meer probably average 5 or 6 assists... that's NOOOOOO WAY to run a team.

And a 3rd big is a must, obviously Gortat isn't cutting it and neither is Foyle... we are overplaying D12 and Jameer.

Return to Orlando Magic