ImageImageImageImage

Is Peaches a Most Improved Player possibility??

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Is Peaches a Most Improved Player possibility?? 

Post#1 » by otownflava21 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:31 pm

If he continues to play the same the whole year, is it possible?

i personally predict he'll get even better because this is already going to be a career year for him.

If he continues to play the same the whole year, is it possible?

i personally predict he'll get even better because this is already going to be a career year for him.

:pray:
Diehardmagicfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: Is Peaches a Most Improved Player possibility?? 

Post#2 » by Diehardmagicfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:35 pm

It is possible and I have not heard that many people improving that much so that is very possible, but too soon to tell. That be awesome 2 years in row the mip award goes to a magic player.
joshman
Banned User

Post#3 » by joshman » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm

no
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#4 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:47 pm

At the end of the year, he has as good of a shot as anyone.

Right now there are a bunch of guys who have "improved" more though (e.g. Devin Harris 15-->23 ppg; Andris Beidrins 10 and 10 to 17 and 15; John Salmons 12 --> 17 ppg; Thad Young 8 --> 16 ppg)
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#5 » by drsd » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Devin Harris has to be the early favorite.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#6 » by Dwightmare » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:50 pm

God.....Sucks to be a Mavs fan right now. They gave up some picks in that deal too right?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#7 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:02 pm

it's possible if he continues to shoot the ball this well and put up solid numbers, but honestly outside of his shooting %s and his ppg he hasn't improved THAT much (in terms of stats anyway). But he'll need some others to drop off.

Personally I don't expect Pietrus to keep up these numbers, I think he'll drop off slightly, while Rashard and Hedo will get it going and pick their numbers up (right now their %s are horrible).
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,149

Post#8 » by eyriq » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Well, if he stays out of foul trouble, which he's done the last two games, then he has a shot. What will limit him is his limited role in the offense, but if he can create points for himself off the offensive boards that will help him a lot. In that same role neither Evans nor Bogans could average over 10ppg, but he has things going for him that those others do not.
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#9 » by shucknjive » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Peaches? I preferred French Trainwreck, myself, when he was here at GSW. :)

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at MP's improvement. He's a heck of a defender when he wants to be, and athletic too. He was shooting 3's really consistantly from the corners a couple years ago. Its just that he wasn't used to much (or properly) here under Coach Nelson, and he needs to have consistant minutes, IMO, even off the bench, to be effective. There's a lot of players that aren't used right, or enough, under Nellie, but that's another thread for our home board.

Good luck in the season, fellas.
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#10 » by CourtsideTV » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 pm

shucknjive wrote:Peaches? I preferred French Trainwreck, myself, when he was here at GSW. :)

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at MP's improvement. He's a heck of a defender when he wants to be, and athletic too. He was shooting 3's really consistantly from the corners a couple years ago. Its just that he wasn't used to much (or properly) here under Coach Nelson, and he needs to have consistant minutes, IMO, even off the bench, to be effective. There's a lot of players that aren't used right, or enough, under Nellie, but that's another thread for our home board.

aka he's our next turkoglu:)

turkoglu was always good but not used right

if mp can play like this the rest of this season..he has a shot..but he has to improve a lot more still.
Work Hard
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#11 » by laVal03 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

shucknjive wrote:Peaches? I preferred French Trainwreck, myself, when he was here at GSW. :)

I prefer the european Michael Jordan or Air France
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by christian72589 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:13 pm

i think that MIP is also decided based upon how much of an impact the imporved has on their respective team.
Force9024
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Force9024 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm sure he'll be a candidate.. But If he gets about 15-16 I'd say it'd be more likely, and if he keeps drilling 3's in late game when we need em like he did with the 2 he got in the Dallas game.. He might be a top 5 candidate..
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#14 » by EasternMagic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:44 pm

he should definitely be in the running, rigth when we picked him up i said that that was a possibility, he just needs to be a bit more consistent, and i believe he could really get it
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#15 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Way to freaking soon.

IF he keeps it up and IF nobody else emerges he certainly has a shot.

Both of those things are horrendously far from 'given' though.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#16 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:At the end of the year, he has as good of a shot as anyone.

Right now there are a bunch of guys who have "improved" more though (e.g. Devin Harris 15-->23 ppg; Andris Beidrins 10 and 10 to 17 and 15; John Salmons 12 --> 17 ppg; Thad Young 8 --> 16 ppg)

i don't think Devin will get the nod, just like Jefferson didn't last year. they both made BIG improvements upon joining new teams and becoming the focus of the franchise, but their teams sucked at the same time.

Biedrins is an absolute monster, and his team aint performing too badly. he's my early pick for it.

Peaches impact hasn't been noticed yet, and his numbers aren't as stellar as the others. he's improving, but i don't think he'd be right up there in terms of candidates right now.

but it's way too early to start listing candidates. i think we should just be happy that Peaches is finding his groove with us now.... for a little over half the MLE!
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#17 » by Big A All Day » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Peaches>>>Kobi

Return to Orlando Magic