ImageImageImageImage

I wonder if we're looking into this?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: I wonder if we're looking into this? 

Post#21 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:18 pm

cougar13 wrote:Too often hector posts something and no link, but everyone else has to provide a link under his system. That sounds like a person who acts like he knows everything.

Please show examples - otherwise you're caught in a falsehood again.

Sir Walter Scott wrote:" O, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive!"

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/495.html
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:19 pm

So I provided the links as asked now can someone answer the questions I posed.

Oh and BTW here is another link about the Nets:

http://curbed.com/archives/2008/01/29/t ... usical.php

As the Court surely is aware, the credit markets are in turmoil at this time. Many lenders and bond insurers are facing financial difficulties, and are becoming much more cautious. It is not clear what the financial climate will be in several months, when the arena bond financing is made available to the public…there is a serious question as to whether, given the current state of the debt market, the underwriters will be able to proceed with the financing for the arena while the appeal is pending before this Court.

Another link about the Nets and Bonding problems:
http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/ ... put_on.php
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:29 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:Too often hector posts something and no link, but everyone else has to provide a link under his system. That sounds like a person who acts like he knows everything.

I see that you skipped my last post where I provided links.
Wow you provided a link to a poem.

Here's another question, never mind not worth it asking you a question when all you do is harass me and play like ........................
So from now on I will just ignore your posts unless you actually say something that fits the thread and isn't attacking the poster.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#24 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:34 pm

cougar13 wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

I see that you skipped my last post where I provided links.
Wow you provided a link to a poem.

Here's another question, never mind not worth it asking you a question when all you do is harass me and play like ........................
So from now on I will just ignore your posts unless you actually say something that fits the thread and isn't attacking the poster.

Still waiting for 2 retractions ... since you attacked me afterall ;-)

cougar13 wrote:Too often hector posts something and no link, but everyone else has to provide a link under his system.

cougar13 wrote:You say that you know everything
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Hector posted this, but since too many quotes I had to take a large knife to get this through.

this is my post:
So from now on I will just ignore your posts unless you actually say something that fits the thread and isn't attacking the poster.[/quote]
Hectors

cougar13 wrote:Too often hector posts something and no link, but everyone else has to provide a link under his system.

[/quote][/quote]

Has hell frozen over, no then no reason to answer stupid question. Hector did you read the posts or do you just love to harass me whenever I post because from my point of view it always seems you would rather harass then read anything I post.
I know once your Heat start to play better you will go back to them until that happens we are stuck with you. I gather that is going to be a long time, by that time I wonder how many times the Magic will have won the Championship. Wow that many.

All we need now is maginno and you two can go at it with the meaningless posts.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#26 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:43 pm

cougar13 wrote:Has hell frozen over, no then no reason to answer stupid question. Hector did you read the posts or do you just love to harass me whenever I post because from my point of view it always seems you would rather harass then read anything I post.
I know once your Heat start to play better you will go back to them until that happens we are stuck with you. I gather that is going to be a long time, by that time I wonder how many times the Magic will have won the Championship. Wow that many.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:52 pm

This thread is being hijacked by Hector well enough is enough and since I provided said links can someone answer my questions.
Since my post was too many posts ago I will repost it so you know what I was asking and I will also repost the links here so you will know where I am coming from.

Back to all of the trade talk and if you noticed that Otis Smith brought up the dreaded lux tax issue if the Magic were to go over that threshold it would cost the Magic millions.
What most people don't know is that teams that keep under that limit get a share of the money from the teams that go over the limit. I am not sure what the Magic got last year, but I heard it was around 2 million dollars and that is nothing to sneeze at.
Plus in these days where the economy has tanked and there is a credit freeze most of the NBA owners need every dollar they can get.
==========================================================================================
Question for those of you who live in Orlando is the new arena still being built. The reason I ask this the city and county sold only a small amount of the bonds to pay for this project and those bonds cost a lot more because the economy was in trouble then. Now I have heard that other teams building new arena's are having problems because of the credit freeze. It is affecting the new Nets home slowing down construction. Since the city and county couldn't sell most of the bonds what if anything is going on with the new arena or is the city and county going to assume the costs a different way???????

TW here is a link about how the NBA handles the lux tax issue, plus any other NBA issue about different kinds of trades etc.
http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Salary-Cap/

Here is the link about the bonds and I love the part where the bond market will get better sooner then later. Instead as all know now it has gotten much, much worse with credit markets frozen. Here is an example the grocery store where I shop has shelves that are not full. I asked the manager what gives he told me that the company is only getting one order to the store a week instead of 3 because of the problem with the credit market. The company right now is not able to sell any of it's bonds because the interest rates are through the roof.
The link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/communit ... 5669.story

The city has many bond issues ahead to pay for the three downtown buildings.

But city leaders and their financial advisers insisted the venues financing is not in danger.

"We know the market will return to a more balanced state, and when it does, we'll have an easier time than we had this week," Sutton said. "I think we have a strong financing plan, and we left ourselves plenty of cushion to make the numbers."

Boy were they so wrong.

Oh and BTW here is another link about the Nets:

http://curbed.com/archives/2008/01/29/t ... usical.php

As the Court surely is aware, the credit markets are in turmoil at this time. Many lenders and bond insurers are facing financial difficulties, and are becoming much more cautious. It is not clear what the financial climate will be in several months, when the arena bond financing is made available to the public…there is a serious question as to whether, given the current state of the debt market, the underwriters will be able to proceed with the financing for the arena while the appeal is pending before this Court.

Another link about the Nets and Bonding problems:
http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/ ... put_on.php
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:55 pm

cougar13 wrote:This thread is being hijacked by Hector well enough is enough

Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#29 » by Devin 1L » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:48 pm

cougar13 wrote:Has hell frozen over, no then no reason to answer stupid question. Hector did you read the posts or do you just love to harass me whenever I post because from my point of view it always seems you would rather harass then read anything I post.

Wait, what?

Did I miss something? Link?

By the way, when I read that, I couldn't help but read: "I know once your Redick gets traded you will go to his team until that happens we are stuck with you."
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#30 » by surflawyer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:07 pm

What the heck was the original thread about?????

Oh yea ........
sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Why would we not do this?

I cant believe that you have to ask that question my friend .... we are the MAGIC and that question belongs on the front of the next Magic T-shirt. LOL :lol:
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#31 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:21 pm

surflawyer wrote:I cant believe that you have to ask that question my friend .... we are the MAGIC and that question belongs on the front of the next Magic T-shirt. LOL :lol:

How much to retain your services in a slander case?

Nevermind ... I might be able to get Devin on the cheap .. ;-)
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#32 » by surflawyer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
surflawyer wrote:I cant believe that you have to ask that question my friend .... we are the MAGIC and that question belongs on the front of the next Magic T-shirt. LOL :lol:

mhec you tease .... i lost you as a client before I got you as a client. Man I must suck. :nonono: How bout I reduce my fee to two beers an hour :beer: with a bottle of Crown as a retainer. :party:
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#33 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:17 pm

surflawyer wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

mhec you tease .... i lost you as a client before I got you as a client. Man I must suck. :nonono: How bout I reduce my fee to two beers an hour :beer: with a bottle of Crown as a retainer. :party:

So you're going to buy me a alcohol to retain me as a client? I like the way you think. :nod:

Devin - you up next in the bidding.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Devin 1L wrote:

Wait, what?

Did I miss something? Link?

By the way, when I read that, I couldn't help but read: "I know once your Redick gets traded you will go to his team until that happens we are stuck with you."

I am surprised by your statement and you at one were a moderator, I can say you didn't do a good job if this is the way you treat people who love the Magic, but are not in your little clique.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#35 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 pm

surflawyer wrote:What the heck was the original thread about?????

Oh yea ........
sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Why would we not do this?

I cant believe that you have to ask that question my friend .... we are the MAGIC and that question belongs on the front of the next Magic T-shirt. LOL :lol:

Even I forgot once I got to this point of the thread! LMFAO
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#36 » by TheGlyde » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Cougar, I'm going to give you a 1st warning for derailing a thread and personally attacking posters.

This thread was about signing McDyess and the MLE, you completely derailed it with a speel about the Arena, which obviously does not look like your own words.

If it is not your own words you should quote the section and post a link.

viewtopic.php?f=191&t=812773

If you wish to quote from a news article please follow these guidelines:

1. Quotes can be no longer than 3 paragraphs from any source.
2. The author of the material should be given credit.
3. A link to the articles source MUST be present in your post.

Obviously we give people some leeway here for the occasional laxness, thus I have not been warning you for not doing it, but these are general guidelines people should try and follow to reduce confusion for readers, and editing for mods (when we have to edit the number of paragraphs).
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by BassMaster » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:03 pm

TheGlyde wrote:Cougar, I'm going to give you a 1st warning for derailing a thread and personally attacking posters.

This thread was about signing McDyess and the MLE, you completely derailed it with a speel about the Arena, which obviously does not look like your own words.

Obviously we give people some leeway here for the occasional laxness, thus I have not been warning you for not doing it, but these are general guidelines people should try and follow to reduce confusion for readers, and editing for mods (when we have to edit the number of paragraphs).

I did use my own words and found articles that backup what I have been saying. I am sorry for going off topic that is why I moved it to its own thread. The parts from the articles I made bold and provided the link.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#38 » by mhectorgato » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:41 pm

cougar13 wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:Cougar, I'm going to give you a 1st warning for derailing a thread and personally attacking posters.

I did use my own words and found articles that backup what I have been saying. I am sorry for going off topic that is why I moved it to its own thread. The parts from the articles I made bold and provided the link.

Had you just said that instead of attacking me I wouldn't STILL be expecting my 2 retractions/apologies.

MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#39 » by MitchellUK » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:
Had you just said that instead of attacking me I wouldn't STILL be expecting my 2 retractions/apologies.

And I'm still waiting for my questions to be answered on the 3pt shooting thread....
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#40 » by mhectorgato » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:49 am

mhectorgato wrote:Had you just said that instead of attacking me I wouldn't STILL be expecting my 2 retractions/apologies.

Still waiting ...

Return to Orlando Magic