ImageImageImageImage

Kinda OT-Harrington- Crawford Trade

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Kinda OT-Harrington- Crawford Trade 

Post#1 » by magicfanejc42 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Okay so since I have heard of this, it has shocked me that it's even going down.

For New York They will now have

Lee,Randolph,Harrington,Curry,Rose,James- Whom of which all player the 4 or 5. Not to mention Jefferies, Gallinari and Richardson whom of which play the 3. Which means they will be looking for some sort of back court help, especially with the waiving of Marbury..

Maybe they would consider a Bogans for Lee swap?

Who is to go for them?

Then on to GSW
They now have Maggette,Crawford,Marrow,SJax,Ellis,Azubuike,Belinelli,Nelson and Marcus Williams.

All splitting minutes between the 1,2,3 (Which Crawford in Nellies system will play all three of those positions.

Which means they will be looking to deal someone for Front Court help. Who is to go for them?

I'm just cuirous, do you guys see other trades on the border for them?

BTW: Hoopshype already has Crawford's salary and Harrington's salary switched to either team.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Re: Kinda OT-Harrington- Crawford Trade 

Post#2 » by magicman123 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:38 pm

well the knicks just activated marbury
"Sources tell Dee that the team will activate Marbury because another trade is in the works so that the team can dress eight players, a league mandated rule"

a bogans and lee swap wont work, but it does make sense for NY and even the warriors to try and make another trade with all the depth at certain positions
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#3 » by glennathan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:46 pm

I would not mind David Lee coming here but I would especially like to try to get Andris Biendrins fro GSW. I know it would take a lot of Assests to ge thim but it would be sick next to Dwight. So you movr Dwight to the 4 and Biedrins to the 5.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Redphilly
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#4 » by Redphilly » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Howard + Biendrins = very nice FT duo
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#5 » by Shishnizzle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 pm

This is such a good trade for the Knicks that I suspect that the NBA is setting up for their next big market move with New York. They need that team to be set up so Lebron has a good reason to choose them.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#6 » by Shishnizzle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:57 pm

1st Boston and L.A then new York. They'll get it worked out. The NBA is going to be like baseball. Only a few cities in the U.S paying attention. Funny how football does'nt have that problem.
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#7 » by MMFla » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Lebron will have himself a nice payday in 2010, even more than he makes now. Zack to the clipps for more expiring contracts prob soon and the Knicks are set up.

I would love to have lee but I think if they were to trade him he would be packaged with a high salary player like Jefferies or Curry. I don't think there is a slight chance GS trades AB, I would love to get him though rebounding machines in the paint.
Starscream
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Starscream » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 pm

they just traded zach randolph and mardy collins for tim thomas and cuttino mobley. they have 2010 capspace to sign 2 big name free agents.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#9 » by J-Rich- » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:12 pm

lol...i'd love to see what trade u guys would make for biedrins
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#10 » by magicman123 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:18 pm

the knicks are setting themselves up perfectly for the 2010 offseason, they will now have mobley ($9.8), thomas ($6.4), and harrington ($10) coming off the books..richardson, curry, and james have player option that total $26mill, but i doubt they opt out of that much money...then there is marbury's contract..

that team has been a mess for awhile, but u cant help but like what they did even though i dont like the knicks
grayson11
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#11 » by grayson11 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I'd put my money on Amare joining LeBron in NY. If they could pull off a tremendous tank-job and draft Rubio? Now that would be somethin'.
ezmac2
Junior
And1: 1

Post#12 » by ezmac2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Man they are doing a good job of getting set up for the future. Of course they are going to be horrible till 2010.
They can get 2 big name guys out of this year.
recko321
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#13 » by recko321 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 pm

here's another point though: what if the lottery falls there way and they get the first pick in 2009 and possibly 2010! wtf lebron and wade/amare/bosh plus one or two number 1 picks.... wow
JTSUCF
Junior
And1: 2

Post#14 » by JTSUCF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:42 am

Utah has the Knicks pick in 2010 no matter where it lands so if the Knicks are going to try and tank for a top player they need to do it this year.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009draftnotes.html#lac081205

I can't believe the Knicks have been able to get out from underneath those horrible contracts in such a short time. This could put the Knicks ahead of the Nets in the Lebron sweepstakes. I will be curious to see if Jay Z tries to sell his interest in the Nets and becomes a Knicks fan. It should be an interesting Summer in 2010 when so many teams will have money to spend.
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#15 » by UCFknight84 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:51 am

there gona be championship contenders if they can land lebron + amare/bosh
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#16 » by glennathan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:44 am

Lebron is pretty much going to the knicks from what we can all see. Is there any chance that we make a run at any of the players available in 2010? Do we have a shot to fill in that needed Guard spot with D-Wade? Do we have a chance to get the amazing PF in Amar'e or Bosh? What about bringing in Carmelo?I wanna see us be contenders in that time frame. Any chance we have of pairing up Rashard and Dwight with one of the excellent Free Agents that year I believe is worth going into the tax.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
JTSUCF
Junior
And1: 2

Post#17 » by JTSUCF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

The Magic have about $50 million tied up in the summer of 2010 with just 5 players (Howard, Lewis, Nelson, Pietrus, & Lee) on the roster. They might have some money to play with but they would have to not resign Hedo and even then they would not have enough to sign a max type player. The Magic made their move with Lewis and thus probably won't have a shot at a true max type player to pair with Dwight.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#18 » by KingRobb02 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:43 pm

The problem with the Knicks looking ahead is that if all goes accordign to plan, they will only have like 5 people under contract for 2010-2011. Part of Lebron's demands from potential suitors is a chance to win multiple championships. With the way things are today, on one side you have teams gettign rid of all their top talent to clear space. Taking into account the fact that his current team can offer more than any competitor, I'm not sure that the move is a foregone conclusion. Especially when agents of all the top players would prefer that their clients stay put and rake in all the Bird money.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,246

Post#19 » by Bensational » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:42 am

i'd put my faith in Donnie Walsh being able to land talent, and D'Antoni being able to get talent to play well together. i see no major reason for LBJ to not love the Knicks, especially if they DO tank this season and get a high draft pick.

i wouldn't be surprised to see Lee traded for either a draft pick or a player on a rookie contract that'll take them through 2010.

Return to Orlando Magic