ImageImageImageImage

ROCKETS @ MAGIC Nov. 22nd 7 p.m.

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Forest
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: ROCKETS @ MAGIC Nov. 22nd 7 p.m. 

Post#261 » by Forest » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:50 am

We were lucky to even be in this game. Howard only played 27 minutes and we didn't have Hedo. I think it was a good overall effort. It wasn't pretty at times but what can you expect when you miss one of your top scorers and the other was nonexistent in the first half. I thought we should have started tony battie against Yao so we could just avoid the foul situation.

Yao got the best of Howard, again. But that comes at no surprise. Howard has to work on denying Yao the ball like he did in the second half. You don't just let Yao get position and then try to defend him afterwards. However, this was probably the most points I have ever actually seen Howard score on Yao Ming.
mpsniper101
Banned User

Post#262 » by mpsniper101 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:56 am

Hey guys, Rockets fan here.. Great game, I thought Dwight would have a better game than Yao would, surprisingly Yao was good against Dwight.. I mean he has struggled a lot this season along with our offense. Another 100 pt game for us, which is rare, but you guys played exceptionally without Hedo. I think you guys can still make it to the ECF against Boston or Detroit (I'm not feeling that Cleveland Hype yet) so good luck the rest of the way!
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#263 » by UCFknight84 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:12 am

goooo ricky hatton
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#264 » by magicmamma » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:26 am

Yao outplayed Dwight, but Foyle owned Yao. It was so funny to see him lean against the big guy, who was helpless and just threw the ball awy. When Adonal sets himself up kind of low to the ground, he's unmovable. When Dwight came back in the game, he tried to apply the same technique with some success, but he doesn't have the low center of gravity that makes it work so well for Adonal.

It looks like JJ needs to take FT shooting lessons from Jameer. Do you realize Jameer has only missed one FT this season? JJ did a great job of drawing fouls, but wasn't getting full value. Another great game from Jameer.

There wasn't much grief at the Amway over this loss. As Stan said, if two more of those threes had gone in, we would have won. Plenty of good play from our guys, but if the shots don't fall ... JJ was really beating himself up over his misses. He needs to get over that.
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 97

Post#265 » by otownflava21 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 am

i think...we were already screwed without hedo.

i think...landry just owned rashard today.

i think...dwight for some reason is picking up WAY to many fouls.

i think...the bench actually played good for the first time this season.

i think....zomg reddickt iz th3 bestest!!!
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 97

Post#266 » by otownflava21 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 am

oh yea, and i think...dwight was foyle, and foyle was dwight.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#267 » by BassMaster » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:41 am

magicmamma wrote:Yao outplayed Dwight, but Foyle owned Yao. It was so funny to see him lean against the big guy, who was helpless and just threw the ball awy. When Adonal sets himself up kind of low to the ground, he's unmovable. When Dwight came back in the game, he tried to apply the same technique with some success, but he doesn't have the low center of gravity that makes it work so well for Adonal.

It looks like JJ needs to take FT shooting lessons from Jameer. Do you realize Jameer has only missed one FT this season? JJ did a great job of drawing fouls, but wasn't getting full value. Another great game from Jameer.

There wasn't much grief at the Amway over this loss. As Stan said, if two more of those threes had gone in, we would have won. Plenty of good play from our guys, but if the shots don't fall ... JJ was really beating himself up over his misses. He needs to get over that.

8-10 free throws is nothing to sneeze at though considering that neither Bogans nor Pietrus were able to draw any fouls like Redick did.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#268 » by magicmamma » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:48 am

cougar13 wrote: 8-10 free throws is nothing to sneeze at.

True, if your name is Dwight. Not true if your name is JJ.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,007

Post#269 » by Driguez » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:22 am

UCFknight84 wrote:goooo ricky hatton

Too bad either Paquiao, De La Hoya or Cotto will kill him in the near future. Malignaggi, what an excuse for a boxer. :roll:
"We all we got"- SVG
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#270 » by UCFknight84 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 am

haha dude im so excited for that paquiao vs de la hoya fight im rooting for paquiao the phillipino peoples champ!!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#271 » by drsd » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:45 am

Well, before the game, it seemed that Lewis would be a key on offense. With 21 FG attempts, he clearly was.

Lewis was ice cold with his 15 footer in the first half; and Landry played excellent defense o Lewis in the second half (Landry's got game!).

But even with all that, if Redick hits that 3 with 1 minute left, the games is within 2 points.

Turkoglu needs to get over his Turkoflu.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#272 » by spinedoc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Yao owned Dwight for most of the night, and the refs helped with that too. Yao didn't get a foul call until almost halfway through the third quarter. Dwight was in foul trouble early and frustrated. Foyle did a pretty good job in replace of him, but not having Dwight killed us. Battie looked good too, but I never saw him in with Dwight and Shard at the same time. That could have helped get Landry off of Lewis. I'd love to get that guy somehow, he looked really good. Hedo's illness did have one positive effect though, we finally got to see a bigger rotation. It was good to see the bench play, it didn't win the game, but I liked a lot of things that I saw from them. JJ for one, he looked more relaxed, but I'd still rather see Lee get the time.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#273 » by Last Guardian » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm

otownflava21 wrote:oh yea, and i think...dwight was foyle, and foyle was dwight.

Now come on, Dwight schooled Yao in the second half in 1-on-1 situations. It was nice to see that Dwight can in fact score on Yao with not much difficulty. But Foyle obviously had the better defensive technique. Dwight could definitely learn from that.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,007

Post#274 » by Driguez » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:11 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:haha dude im so excited for that paquiao vs de la hoya fight im rooting for paquiao the phillipino peoples champ!!

That will be an awesome fight, but for some reason im expecting a De La Hoya win, maybe bc i think De La Hoya is the bigger boxer and puncher, but Pacman has a heavy hand too, man it will be a good fight... Make sure you watch the fight before Paquiao's, theres this Puerto Rican kid, Juanma Lopez, kid is rising like foam, last 2 fights 2 first round KO's :D

*Sorry for the hijack*
"We all we got"- SVG
rockybalboa11
Bench Warmer

Post#275 » by rockybalboa11 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 pm

had the chance to see this one live.

dwight, exposed as a face-up seven footer for the 5th year straight.

jj reddick, the worst player i have ever seen. lol @ him standing in the lane BY HIMSELF and being confused about what to do. then makes a terrible move (jump towards yao? LOL) and gets bailed out by the refs.

and boy were there a lot of asians at the game. and a lot of tmac fans.
GOAT_Marbury wrote:Nelly, Fonzworth Bentley and Urkel had a sex party.... D Wade was the result
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#276 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:37 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Hopefully Dwight's hammy and hand won't act up tonight. I am pretty damn certain that either Dwight or Yao will be in foul trouble within the first 6 minutes of the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adonal activated for this one.

That was an interesting prediction to get right. :rofl:
Was in 121, so my record is now 2-1. :( We missed Hedo tonight. BTW, I thought Hedo and Gortat got traded so that kept a lot of my attention in the 1st half.
JJ screwed us in the 4th, missed free throws and he couldn't take the pressure late.
I knew Artest would go off, no way he was going to be held under 10.
Adonal played his a** off. Good to see Dwight get in a rhythm in the 4th.
Rashard and Jameer played well, we were just missing that one more good performance from either Bogans for Pietrus that would've won us the game.
Oh well, 9-4 isn't bad need to beat the Bucks on Monday.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#277 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Sweater Vest Guy was ripping into the refs ALL NIGHT long:
LOL, the force is strong with Dwight:
Air France wanted his Ariza moment, good charge:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#278 » by Bucs80 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Yao owns Dwight everysingle time when they play each other.

But really, I'm watching the game and it seemed foyle does a better job at gaurding Yao Ming.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#279 » by Last Guardian » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Dwight Howard on Yao: "His turnaround jump shot, no body can block it unless you’re 7’8”.

Yao Jump Shot: Missed Block: Foyle (3 BLK) 2:52

Foyle - 6'9
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#280 » by BassMaster » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:16 pm

rockybalboa11 wrote:had the chance to see this one live.

dwight, exposed as a face-up seven footer for the 5th year straight.

jj reddick, the worst player i have ever seen. lol @ him standing in the lane BY HIMSELF and being confused about what to do. then makes a terrible move (jump towards yao? LOL) and gets bailed out by the refs.

and boy were there a lot of asians at the game. and a lot of tmac fans.

Sounds like you went to a different game from what the rest of us saw. My best guess is that you took a nap and missed going to the game and since you missed everything are you are just throwing things out that may sound like you went to the game. You failed. BTW Redick was named sub for the game.

Return to Orlando Magic