ImageImageImageImage

a trade with NYK? and turn u into contenders

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Sebzor
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

a trade with NYK? and turn u into contenders 

Post#1 » by Sebzor » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:38 pm

E. Curry/D. Lee
-for: T. Battie/B. Cook/JJ Redick/future 2nd

ORL standpoint:
Get 2 posts that can play (Curry might need a transition period to get in to shape but Lee will help D12 immidiatly .. could even play D12 next to Curry and play big and let Lewis play at his more naturally position SF) just think of the roster
Nelson/Johnson/Wilks
Pietrus/Bogans/Lee
Lewis/Turkoglu/Richardson
Lee/Gortat
Howard/Curry/Foyle

NYK standpoint:
get Lebron in 2010 FA class and perhaps another big name too .. these 3 contracts work in that objective & a future 2nd is a nice extra
"So, the caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon as a shark, with a gun for a mouth."
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: a trade with NYK? and turn u into contenders 

Post#2 » by glennathan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:12 pm

not a chance. Eddy curry would not be good in Orlando. As you stated he is out of shape. Granted David Lee would be a big help down here but not for Battie/Cook/JJ/2nd round pick. If new york is willing to part with just David Lee to us then by all means trade JJ/Foyle/rights to Fran if that works financiall. Just do not bring in Curry.

I am not a fan of trading picks unless we know for sure the draft class is going to be aweful. I would rather ship out Fran Vazquez then get rid of a 2nd round pick. Too many good 2nd round picks go to other teams. (boozer, daniel gibson, CDR)
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#3 » by cmor42180 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:16 pm

fatboy curry wouldnt pass a physical, i remember the knicks signing some waiver to get him or something

that would be a no
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Magic.City.23. » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Knicks prolly wouldn't trade Lee w/o Curry..... I think Curry Chickin is their last bad contract on the books now, with the exception of maybe Jeffries(?)
macdalejax
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by macdalejax » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:09 pm

LOL...and we think Cook is in the doghouse and out of shape....imagine Curry in SVGs eyes. On a serious note, looks like we'd essentially be trading Battie for his younger version in D. Lee. I might do that. The others would just be scrap for scrap. Curry's contract might make good trade bait in it's expiring year but we aren't really in a position to tie up more money in a guy especially if he won't play. Our bench is already starving enough without getting rid of more potential production for someone who will NOT ever play for us.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#6 » by magicman123 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:13 pm

did i hear curry?

JTSUCF
Junior
And1: 2

Post#7 » by JTSUCF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:24 pm

How about a Battie/Cook for Jeffries/Lee swap.

The positives for the Magic
- They get the young PF that could potentially start next to Dwight
- They get rid of Cook
- They clear about $2 million off the books for this year so they could potentially use the TPE without worrying about getting into the Luxury Tax this year.

The negatives for the Magic
- Having to take back Jeffries contract
- Losing a vet like Battie (More for his lockerroom presence than his on-court play)

The Magic would have about $58 million tied up in 8 players for next year so they would have around $15 million or so to spend on draftpicks, FA, and sign Hedo & Lee without getting into a projected Luxury Tax threshold of $73 million.

If we keep the team as it is we will have about $61 million tied up in 9 players so the Magic would have about $12 million or so for draftpicks, FA, and sign Hedo.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 36,896

Post#8 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:00 pm

I think Dwight can get Curry slimmer... maybe?
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,202

Post#9 » by Max Power » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Yeah, I can totally see Dwight going "Get off your fat @$$ you ugly b**ch, right to Eddy Curry's face. Now if we put him on whatever freaking weight training program D12 is on then I'm all for it...NOT, Curry is going to have a heart attack in the middle of practice one day.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,801

Post#10 » by eyriq » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:27 pm

That would sacrifice a lot of our cap flexibility with us shipping out $12.6 million+ in contracts that expire after next year. Where does that leave us in trying to extend Hedo and Lee? Most likely that leaves us sacrificing Hedo for Curry...Not optimal. If anything it would be N.Y. spicing up the deal with a 1st rounder, not us sending them a 2cd. Yes, Curry is that bad.

The trade for Lee/Jeffries is a little better, as long as the Magic are able to resign Hedo and Lee.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#11 » by Jersey Generals » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Sebzor wrote:NYK standpoint:
get Lebron in 2010 FA class and perhaps another big name too .. these 3 contracts work in that objective & a future 2nd is a nice extra

They already can do that without trading Curry away.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#12 » by spinedoc » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:33 pm

The real problem with this, besides the obvious bloated contract of Curry, is that Lee isn't resigned. We don't know what he's asking for yet, and to have two free agents at the same time is counter productive. They could get into a bidding war. If he was extended to an agreeable contract and you included an option for us to swap firsts, I would be on board with it. Curry would be a nice expiring in a couple of years, but it still might be too much of an amount, because it would certainly put us into the luxury tax. I think its worth it, but Otis might not.

Return to Orlando Magic