ImageImageImageImage

Will the Magic sign another PG?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Re: Will the Magic sign another PG? 

Post#41 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:chucky atkins would probably wanna finish his career here

Wouldn't mind a USF baller finishing out his career here 8-) .

Seriously though...

Wasn't Isiah Thomas let out of his contract this offseason? He's probably worth a shot..
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Post#42 » by mrtcsm » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:52 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:
UCFknight84 wrote:chucky atkins would probably wanna finish his career here

Wouldn't mind a USF baller finishing out his career here 8-) .

Seriously though...

Wasn't Isiah Thomas let out of his contract this offseason? He's probably worth a shot..

What about trading for Scott Skiles??? :wink:
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#43 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:53 pm

" **FAKE BREAKING NEWS** Scott Skiles resigned as head coach of Milwakee Bucks to become the new starting PG for the Orlando Magic. The magic are currently in talks with bringing Nick Anderson and Horace Grant out of retirement to help bolster the front court a little more but this is just a rumor nothing signed as of yet. "

Imagine seeing something like this in the Orlando Sentinel one day. I know my reaction would be "What the hell?!!!"
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#44 » by MitchellUK » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 pm

eyriq wrote:I think Diener is due for a break out year if given the pt. If we could offer our 1st to Indiana and absorb him with our TPE that would be great. A first might be a little much for a backup pg....but I think that is what it would take and most likely that is what we'd draft next year anyway so why not just get Diener.

Dude! First Hedo for Bargnani, now a 1st rounder for Diener (who as much as I like him, is worth a second at best) ?!?! Are you ok today? :)
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#45 » by Last Guardian » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:21 pm

eyriq wrote:I think Diener is due for a break out year if given the pt. If we could offer our 1st to Indiana and absorb him with our TPE that would be great. A first might be a little much for a backup pg....but I think that is what it would take and most likely that is what we'd draft next year anyway so why not just get Diener.

It would be kinda strange to give up a 1st round pick to aquire a guy WE picked in the second round.
JfKnicks126
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#46 » by JfKnicks126 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 pm

You guys should sign Fred Jones.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#47 » by BassMaster » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Right now Memphis is carrying 4 pg's I wonder if they can spare one for the Magic like Kyle Lowry??? Please Otis get him for the Magic.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#48 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:53 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Here's the current conundrum: the most obvious trading pieces we have are SG's. But with Bogans injured, and Lee a rookie, we need JJ, and we can't trade an injured Bogans.

So to get our PG, we either need to sign a free agent or trade our exception or Cook.

agreed, maybe we can get Diner in a trade
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#49 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Ship out Cookie please:

HI GUYS!!!
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#50 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
TheRevTy wrote:Here's the current conundrum: the most obvious trading pieces we have are SG's. But with Bogans injured, and Lee a rookie, we need JJ, and we can't trade an injured Bogans.

So to get our PG, we either need to sign a free agent or trade our exception or Cook.

agreed, maybe we can get Diner in a trade

"DINER FTW!!!"

Video game joke.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,803

Post#51 » by eyriq » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 pm

MitchellUK wrote:

Dude! First Hedo for Bargnani, now a 1st rounder for Diener (who as much as I like him, is worth a second at best) ?!?! Are you ok today? :)

Probably not, lol. I have found that at Basketball-Reference they have all kinds of stats that I like. The one that I like the most is Offensive and Defensive Efficiency. Both Bargs and Diener have been playing very well according to those metrics, and Diener is entering that age period when players tend to break out, so..... Anyway, maybe it's just a fad and I'll grow out of it, but as of right now that is my oracle for basketball knowledge, along with, of course, my own subjective experience with watching them play.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,764

Post#52 » by Cammo101 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Kevin Kruger would be an ok option. Not to play instead of AJ, but to have just in case.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#53 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Diener? Krugar?? lmao, we are better off with AJ..... Over the summer I was all for guys like M Williams and Collins & they've both already been traded for cheap. Haven't really looked into this much, but theirs GOTTA be better options than Diener & ****ing Kevin Krugar.

Return to Orlando Magic