ImageImageImageImage

Rumor Via EB Sports

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Re: Rumor Via EB Sports 

Post#21 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:34 am

guys, just to fill u in, he said if this happens it may not be til feb...
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by christian72589 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:42 am

true... damn.... what is the consensus around here tho, you guys think it will be wilcox or smith, just because the expirings have a lot to do with it i think.
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Force9024 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:43 am

Giving Smiths character, expiring, OKC telling him they'll move him soon to a winning team.. It's all pointing to the signs it'll be Smith if it goes down..
christian72589
Banned User

Post#24 » by christian72589 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:46 am

i figure that myself... but man, IF this goes down, lets give otis an applaud for some VERY creative financing
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#25 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:47 am

I wouldn't mind having Wilcox honestly, one of those nice bangers that we can add, i like Joe Smith, i feel like he's too much like Battie, someone who can do the dirtywork next to Howard
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#26 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Dec 3, 2008 6:40 am

I'd be happy with all 3 of those guys.

Redick has actually given me some confidence lately so I'd rather get the younger Collison/Wilcox instead of Joe.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#27 » by NEM » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:03 am

im all for any of those. i would prefer wilcox or collison, simply due to age, but that might cause problems here because all we need is a backup and those two are starters on a lot of teams. smith makes the most sense because he is a vet, can hit the jumper, can get boards and d up. and he is expiring, clearing some cap to sign hedo, and re-sign him for the Vets min. im all for it...it gets cook out of here
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#28 » by Orium » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:11 am

It's a pity Redick is now being given the opportunity to destroy his trade value.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#29 » by magicman123 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:19 am

i have a hard time believing that it would be wilcox or collison, but the smith trade seems like a good deal for both sides...if i had to choose, it would be wilcox-collison-smith in that order..maybe we can trade bogans/cook for wilcox :lol:
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#30 » by UCFknight84 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:35 am

Orium wrote:It's a pity Redick is now being given the opportunity to destroy his trade value.

i think hes improved his trade value and will continue to, the more redick plays the more confidence he will have in his shot, its all about the confidence factor for JJ.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#31 » by drsd » Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:03 am

BigCityCat wrote:If this went down it would be at least 4 weeks, and this thread will be about 30 pages.

Yes. And in particular, because Pietrus and Bogans need to return to the rotation.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by Magic.City.23. » Wed Dec 3, 2008 9:09 am

I like Wilcox better, but he's probably looking for a pay increase next year.... We could probably keep here J. Smith for cheap & that seems like the route we would more likely go.... I would love to see a banger like Wilcox team up with Dwight though.... that would be a very nice addition.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#33 » by UCFknight84 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 9:24 am

joe smith would be perfect for the magic. Him and Battie on the second unit would work well for us. Hed be great for the development of dwight even in practice, maybe we could get him next offseason if he likes it here. pipe dream i know
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#34 » by damo[23] » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:14 am

Would love Collison. Smith would be that vet that alot of us feel would be great and Wilcox certainly would be able to do well in this system. Getting rid of Cook is nothing, and giving up Redick is just fair trade in my eyes, gotta give up to gain anything so ...

Yeah hopefully something in this rumour because I think it would be beneficial to us.
UKMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#35 » by UKMagic » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:52 am

Where do I sign? Joe Smith would be tremendous
@CraggsNumber1
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#36 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:24 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:I'd be happy with all 3 of those guys.

Redick has actually given me some confidence lately so I'd rather get the younger Collison/Wilcox instead of Joe.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#37 » by drsd » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:52 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:joe smith would be perfect for the magic. Him and Battie on the second unit would work well for us. Hed be great for the development of dwight even in practice, maybe we could get him next offseason if he likes it here. pipe dream i know

Gortat has not been a major factor. So, Smith might be a better choice for third backup PF.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by BassMaster » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:05 pm

TheRevTy wrote:So there is a guy on EBSports who has been pretty solid with his inside sources in the past, and he said months ago that he heard the Magic were in talks with OKC for one of their bigs. He just posted an update today and said that Otis had a deal in place before this rash of injuries caused him to put it on hold, but once the roster recovers, the deal should go through. He said JJ and Cook are the outgoing, and the incoming is either Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox, or Nick Collison (he said he wasn't sure which one). You couple that with the various reports that OKC has essentially told Joe Smith thanks for being a solid guy, we'll get you to a winning situation soon, and it looks like a deal of JJ/Cook for Joe Smith is at least a possibility.

I remember a long thread about him a while back, but since the search feature is so stellar on this site, I figured I'd post this and ask y'all's opinions on Joe Smith. I really know nothing of his game. Is this a decent deal?

Sorry to burst your bubble folks, but that post from the NBA forums at EBSports yes it's just a post from someone like y'all it was posted yesterday. Here is that post:

INeedMoreDarko
Pacman

INeedMoreDarko is on a distinguished road

Update*

Magic had a deal in place with Oklahoma but was nixed by Otis when 3 of our top gaurds went down. I wasn't told who, but we were either getting Smith/Wilcox or Collison and giving up JJ and Cook.

From what I've been told, If OKC hasnt dealt away our targeted player we will consumate the deal in February.

I'm guessing their officially going for the youth movement inserting Westbrook into the SL and moving Durant to the SF, which would essentially create an opening for the SG position. Westbrook is one helluva defender and Redick would look good sandwhiched in between the two.

My gut says we are after Joe Smith or Chris Wilcox as they are expirings.

We still need a 3rd PG which I expect Otis will address because AJ isnt gonna cut it.

Would you guys be opposed to sending a 10 First and Fran for Lowry?

This post has been posted at the O-Zone by one of their mod's who wrote take it for what it is worth.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: that is what this kind of information imo is worth.

http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/showthread. ... ost1140804
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by BassMaster » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:24 pm

An earlier post on this subject from the same poster, don't forget to take it for it's worth and where it is coming from:

11-11-2008, 11:47 AM #3
INeedMoreDarko
Pacman

INeedMoreDarko is on a distinguished road

Well I'm guessing the usual suspects in Nick Collinson/Chris Wilcox/Joe Smith and possibly Earl Watson, all could be had on the cheap. I'd imagine Battie/Cook/Redick/Bogans/Vazquez would be heading in that direction, unfortunetly I don't have any specifics...

http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=66111
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by BassMaster » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:56 pm

Actually we should ask Adamos aka Adam the Greek what he thinks about this guy and does he really have insider info or just rumors he dreams up and posts as facts. It seems that Adam also is a member of that forum as well. Wow you certainly do get around lol.

Return to Orlando Magic