ImageImageImageImage

Game #21: Orlando Magic @ L.A. Clippers

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Re: Game #21: Orlando Magic @ L.A. Clippers 

Post#421 » by TheGlyde » Tue Dec 9, 2008 11:08 am

LOL... why shoot with the cast on... just rest it and work on conditioning or something
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#422 » by glennathan » Tue Dec 9, 2008 2:04 pm

So would anyone else agree with me on this that CLee looks like a younger version of Shane Battier with the type of defense that he is playing? CLee looked awesome from the part of the game I saw. I was very surprised to see Cook playing last night but at least he was productive.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,140

Post#423 » by eyriq » Tue Dec 9, 2008 2:34 pm

Whew, that was a gritty performance. What a perfect game to contrast part of an ongoing debate about whether this team is constructed properly. We got crushed on the boards and when you only have one guy (Dwight) that can come in a pile on help stats (like rebounds) you are going to find yourself in trouble, especially during the playoffs. I think Pietrus is another guy that can be a "glue" guy for us, and maybe Lee too. But we need another big to be that guy. Battie is too quite on the boards to fill that need, we really need a guy like Houston has in spades and Utah and Detroit have a little. Millisap, Landry, AK47, Bass, Camby, whomever, it's games like this that really accent the need for that type of player.

What about Lewis? This guy is so clutch it's getting ridiculous. Not hitting a shot to save his life then the Clipps go on a run and are about to run us out of the building going up 9 and then he daggers one. He wasn't done either as he hit big shot after big shot.

As for Hedo, the good to come out of this game is really only something I did not notice until now and that is that he looks like he is back in shape. Maybe his game will come along shortly.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#424 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Dec 9, 2008 4:27 pm

LET GO:
Impending failure:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#425 » by Dwightmare » Tue Dec 9, 2008 9:48 pm

That was such a dangerous and reckless foul by Zach Randolph on Dwight Howard. The NBA and there refs better do a better job of protecting their players. Grabbing someone by the head and pulling to the point that their legs are taken out from underneath them should warrant a fine.
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#426 » by Edrock » Tue Dec 9, 2008 10:26 pm

dwightmeer wrote:That was such a dangerous and reckless foul by Zach Randolph on Dwight Howard. The NBA and there refs better do a better job of protecting their players. Grabbing someone by the head and pulling to the point that their legs are taken out from underneath them should warrant a fine.

Nice to see someone coverin' Dwight's back.... BCook... ENFORCER!!!

Orlando built the lead to 11 three minutes later, and then Cook shoved down Clippers point guard Baron Davis on a rebound attempt, retaliating for the hit on Howard.

"I know it was a key point in the game, but you can't let people treat people like that," Cook said.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#427 » by ClipperDomination » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:41 am

Good game guys. I really think Z-Bo should have been ejected, but what the hell was Brian Cook doing even playing in the game? :lol:

Anyways, Dwight is a beast.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#428 » by MitchellUK » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 am

ClipperDomination wrote:Good game guys. I really think Z-Bo should have been ejected, but what the hell was Brian Cook doing even playing in the game? :lol:

Anyways, Dwight is a beast.

That's the first significant contribution Cook has made all year. We may see him again in February. His comments made me laugh, though - "You can't let people treat other people like that". Except he took his revenge on Baron Davis rather than Randolph, when it was obvious to everyone all night that Dwight and Baron were having a friendly back-and-forth. Not sure I get Cook's logic (unless Baron said or did something in the aftermath of Randolph's foul to incite it).

Return to Orlando Magic