ImageImageImageImage

Game #22: Magic @ Blazers

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: Game #22: Magic @ Blazers 

Post#661 » by EasternMagic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Ya if it was a bad call I would have no problem admitting it but it really was the right call, it was pretty obvious..
andalusian
Senior
And1: 305

Post#662 » by andalusian » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:36 pm

The Aldridge shot was a violation - no issue there.

It was an entertaining game - and while we lost - I can't feel bad about Portland's game last night. The defense worked well to limit Howard, The only way Roy could be stopped was by committing multiple defenders to him, we won the rebounding battle - but you guys shot an amazing array of 3s last night - and a tip of the hat to you.

While it was a tough pill to swallow - I have to remind myself that the Blazers are still the 2nd youngest team in the league (probably the youngest if you go by rotation players) - and they are already pretty good while playing 3 rooks - the most important of them coming off MF surgery.

Good game and it was entertaining to see the two teams battle it out. I can now get back to being a D-12 fan and hope you kick every one else's rear - especially from the western conference.
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#663 » by taruky1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:38 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
I'm pretty sure he is speaking for the whole season and not just for the night. In fact, there was a drive that Hedo threw up wildly in the 4th quarter and Matty mentioned that play as a case example. More so though Hedo looked to be under control.

eyriq wrote:What cued it for me was how Hedo started off really looking for his teammates more so than his own shot. He did not try and force anything at all and looked like the Turk of old. I'm hoping he had a realization that his overly aggressive style this year is not helping anyone.

Sure Hedo has the wild drives from time to time, but what is baffling is that he is missing layups badly that aren't even wild drives. Many times this year, including last night, he would beat the defender, get a wide open layup, then throw it off the glass like he's shooting a 20 footer. Two nights ago he has a similar deal where he pump faked, got past the defender, and had a wide open shot from 2 feet. Throws it off the backboard, misses the rim altogether again. Totally bizarre. Then he gets frustrated with his shooting and presses too much. He needs to relax (and practice fricking layups).
ProfX
Starter
And1: 24

Post#664 » by ProfX » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

There was a lot to like about the this game. Two of the best young teams in the league going toe to toe in breakneck speed and power. Some things stuck out to me in the game. I liked that Howard didnt commit stupid fouls. If they had the dunk, he got out of the way. I liked that he tried the jumper. He should continue, even if he misses one or two a game. Our team now really seems to know each other and be able to take what a defense gives us. Ive said it before, probably the best NBA game I've seen this year and definately the best Magic game. Our execution has reached another level.
out of difficulty comes opportunity.
cappadoball
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#665 » by cappadoball » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 am

taruky1 wrote:
Force9024 wrote:That was a clean block looking at the replay.. Once again he tries to do too much with us needing a basket.. He needs to let the play come before forcing something..If we were down 1 fine, but this is 5.. a basket would put us down 3 or maybe 2.. SCREW THAT

Nah they got him with the body. You were just seeing that with your Hedo hater glasses. I've bashed Hedo plenty tonight, but that was a reasonable move for a potential 3-point play. Hedo's problems tonight have been missing easy ones.

Relax taruky, stop trying to look sweet to the board and take out your HEDO flag and wave it. How many players can make that shot time after time...

Return to Orlando Magic