ImageImageImageImage

I've Officially Decided.... Come join me!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

I've Officially Decided.... Come join me! 

Post#1 » by christian72589 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:11 am

I'Ve officially decided that ESPN is without question the biggest magic hating sportschannel on television. I just watched Tim Legler trash our team saying that we've seen the best form Hedo and Shard, the Blazers are WAAAAAAAYYY more talented, and that we have no future.... then he gets our record wrong.

So I will never watch an ESPN analysis of our team ever again.
Pancho_Pantera
Banned User
And1: 5

Re: I've Officially Decided.... Come join me! 

Post#2 » by Pancho_Pantera » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 am

Yeah, Leger is a dumbass. He based that argument solely on potential, which is what a lot of people do when they see a team with a bunch of young players. No one knows if Roy is going to improve or anyone else for on that team for that manner. As long as the Magic have Dwight, the Magic will always have a great future, and much better than the Blazers, at least in the next four years.
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#3 » by Scottg247 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 am

Yea I saw that. Wait and watch Courtney Lee blow up! Turk and Shard have a few years to play at this high level and Dwight is only getting better. Even Nelson is playing better this year then! Also we just signed Peitrus who is going to get better. *#&^&%R$ Tim. Do some research before you open your yapper.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#4 » by christian72589 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:39 am

did anyone happen to notice also how in his "rankings" he put SA ahead of us with a 12 and something record to our 17-5...lol
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#5 » by NEM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:15 am

am i the only one on here who understood the question as it was asked??

which team has a brighter future??? he never said orlando didnt have a bright future, he just said portland has a brighter one...and i agree with him, i mean look at the average age on that team, the oldest guy is 32 and he never plays (lafrentz). next is pryz and he's 29, he's decent and serviceable but he's not a part of their core and the same goes for blake...after that frye and diogu are both 25 and dont play much, they have depth for the next 10 years at all positions

pg-bayless (20)/rodriguez (22)
sg-roy (24)/fernandez (23)/ webster (21)
sf-outlaw (24)/batum (19)
pf-aldridge (23)/frye (25)
c-oden (20)

now that is a core. 10 players and 9 of which are younger than 25 and one who is 25.

we certainly have a bright future with dwight, jameer, lee, pietrus, and even turk and shard have at least another good 4 years left in them after this year, probably closer to 6 for lew. and maybe even jj if he can pan out to be a good 3 point threat

i will agree though that espn doesnt give us nearly enough credit, but thats ok because id rather be the underdog that surprises everyone. i mean the cavs have also had a rather easy schedule and they get all the praise, but whatever i dont really care, they dont make the standings, we do. it's the teams job to go out and play, the rest will take care of itself
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#6 » by DontPushMe » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:32 am

^^ Well if that was the question then he answered correctly. Obviously they have a brighter future, they have the best young core of players in the nba. Their GM has done a pheonominal job assembling talent. Even if Oden is a bust they will be fine.
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#7 » by christian72589 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:38 am

ok...thats all well and good, he didn't need to trash the magic and i will take our team as being title contenders now as having a brighter future than a team that will be lucky to get to round 2 of the playoffs this year or at very least it being a push, technically the thunder have a brighter future than the magic then, i mean they have a ton of cap space and have westbrook and durant so.... where's the argument?
Pancho_Pantera
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#8 » by Pancho_Pantera » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:41 am

Told you all people like to base crap off age. Just had someone do it in less than six replies. We might as well just give Portland the next three championships cause everyone on that team is 21.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#9 » by drsd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:40 am

From a coaching perspective, StM would rather have the media cloud. Disrespect can be a powerful team motivator.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#10 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am

The Chicago Bulls had a "bright future" too lol.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#11 » by cmor42180 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:27 pm

just remember they have a bright future... with rookie contracts... wait until its time to re-sign them all then we can talk about potential, we are for the most part locked into our core for at least a few more years

and oden may be younger but hes aging a hell of a lot quicker than dwight, just without the talent
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#12 » by trebone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:39 pm

I like the negative attention really, we can use all the motivation we can get, remember last year when everyone thought the raptors were going to kill us in the playoffs? We used it to beat them badly and it pays off in the long run they play more loose without all the pressure from the media.
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#13 » by surflawyer » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Leave Oden out of that youth argument. Rumor has it .... and some really legit web sites say so as well ..... Oden is actually 62 years old and is rumored to be the father of LBJ. Can't you guys see the family resemblance?
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#14 » by Magicalltheway » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:41 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:am i the only one on here who understood the question as it was asked??

which team has a brighter future??? he never said orlando didnt have a bright future, he just said portland has a brighter one...and i agree with him, i mean look at the average age on that team, the oldest guy is 32 and he never plays (lafrentz). next is pryz and he's 29, he's decent and serviceable but he's not a part of their core and the same goes for blake...after that frye and diogu are both 25 and dont play much, they have depth for the next 10 years at all positions

c-oden (20)

now that is a core. 10 players and 9 of which are younger than 25 and one who is 25.

we certainly have a bright future with dwight, jameer, lee, pietrus, and even turk and shard have at least another good 4 years left in them after this year, probably closer to 6 for lew. and maybe even jj if he can pan out to be a good 3 point threat

i will agree though that espn doesnt give us nearly enough credit, but thats ok because id rather be the underdog that surprises everyone. i mean the cavs have also had a rather easy schedule and they get all the praise, but whatever i dont really care, they dont make the standings, we do. it's the teams job to go out and play, the rest will take care of itself

What is the definition of bright future. If you are referring to winning the Title I would argue that we have better chance of winning than they do. After all we have one or two teams to compete against to reach the finals. Are you telling me that Portland is a title chaser. I seriously doubt it. So in all aspect I consider us having a brighter future. we have already reached second round and we look real good this year. With another trade I would not count us out of ECF.
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#15 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 pm

don't just screw the analyists...screw ESPN itself, hates Orlando. (Though it's origionally from disney[Orlando & Cali]) We litterally get NO highlights on sportscenter..Since I was a kid I have always liked watching sportcenter in the morning to see how much they pass over us. Well last night was nothing but the norm. Orlando gets about a 30 second review after beating a VERY good young team, and Lebron gets like 3 different segments while beating a team on the downfall. Not to mention, Hedo's game winning shot doesn't even make the top 10. But 2 Lebron dunks(Which are usually nothing short of spectacular.) a random behind the back pass on a fast break(I could have done) for a weak dunk, and the Fernandez pass between Dwight's legs. Those all make it, but a HUGE game winning shot doesn't? WTF ESPN?!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#16 » by drsd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Does anyone here want ESPN to "like" the Magic?
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#17 » by magicman123 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:18 pm

maybe i was half asleep, but i didnt think he was trashing the magic
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#18 » by MagicMadness » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:28 pm

So basically he was asked which team has a brighter future, and since he didn't pick the Magic OMG BOOOOO ESPN HATES US LIKE ALWAYS

?

Is this what happened?

Good grief. It was ESPN, not the Magic post-game show on SunSports. :roll:
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#19 » by magicman123 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:00 pm

i do have beef that hedo didnt even make the top 10 plays of the night, they had that bounce pass to przy at like number 5
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#20 » by vagnermagic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:am i the only one on here who understood the question as it was asked??

c-oden (20)

I'm sorry, man, but Oden is at least 50.

It looks like he could easily be Dwight's grandfather.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan

Return to Orlando Magic