ImageImageImageImage

Howard reported to have muscle pull

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Howard reported to have muscle pull 

Post#1 » by drsd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 pm

According to Rotoworld sources, the Orlando Magic broadcast team said Tuesday night that Dwight Howard was treated for an oblique strain during a win over the Blazers.
He was suffering discomfort from the injury but played through it in the second half. We're guessing it is not serious or there would be more information about it coming out of Orlando. But it does offer and explanation for Howard's stat line (seven rebounds, no blocks) and is worth keeping an eye on.

Rotoworld Link

I talked to Howard briefly as he lay on his side on the trainer's table inside the Magic lockeroom after the game. He had his left side wrapped, apparently in ice, and had wires from an electric muscle stimulation machine hooked up to him.

"I ran into some Kryptonite tonight," he laughed. "I'll be fine."

Howard expects to play Friday night in Phoenix. He has never missed an NBA game in this, his fifth season.

Schmitz Link

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: Howard reported to have muscle pull 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 pm

good thing he has two days to rest before PHX on Friday
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#3 » by trebone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 pm

He will face the sho gun and defeat him
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#4 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwight sit the PHX game out. If it weren't for the fact he has never missed a game...I would hope that he would.

Shaq is going to look to make a statement against Dwight and you can bet he will be EXTREMELY physical. It is the type of game that could further injure Dwight.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#5 » by ClashCityRocker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:18 am

I agree, we can't risk dwight if he's not ready. No regular season game in december is worth that.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by christian72589 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:37 am

Dwight could just run around shaq all night... and collect long rebounds because i think it will be that kind of game. (chucking) especially now that Bell and Diaw are gone we should have a great chance to win this one.
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#7 » by J_Magic » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 am

I trust Dwight more than the Magic team doctors. Dwight should know how his body is and if he is ready to go. He's smart enough to know if he's injured badly or not.

Btw...I'm sure he won't think about sitting out any games. He still has the incredible record of playing in every single game since he entered the NBA 4 years ago.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#8 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 am

he should start..get the tip off...score...call time out and bench him for the game so he can keep his record.
Work Hard
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#9 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 am

CourtsideTV wrote:he should start..get the tip off...score...call time out and bench him for the game so he can keep his record.

"Double Edged Sword"...If he plays and then sits right away, his averages take a massive hit.
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#10 » by cmor42180 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:05 am

just remember grandpa shaq is more fragile than a hurt dwight
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#11 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:42 am

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/41027

Looks like Shaq might be out. I'm sorry for Shaq.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Hairy Midget » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:02 am

Dude played with a broken sternum in the playoffs. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#13 » by Orange Ave. » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 am

Great use of the diagram
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#14 » by spinedoc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Two days rest is going to help a lot. He will still be playing with some pain, but at least he should still play. Hopefully we can get a big lead and let him rest some more, but I doubt that happens. We are a much different team without the big fella.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#15 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 pm

J_Magic wrote:I trust Dwight more than the Magic team doctors. Dwight should know how his body is and if he is ready to go. He's smart enough to know if he's injured badly or not.

Btw...I'm sure he won't think about sitting out any games. He still has the incredible record of playing in every single game since he entered the NBA 4 years ago.

I don’t, Dwight is so wrapped around his perfect attendance that he would play just to keep his record perfect. I would not mind him sitting out this game and rest you dont want to aggrevate it further.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#16 » by mhectorgato » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:35 pm

J_Magic wrote:I trust Dwight more than the Magic team doctors. Dwight should know how his body is and if he is ready to go. He's smart enough to know if he's injured badly or not.

How many players have played when they shouldn't have - against doctor's orders - and did more damage or extended the recovery time?

I hope that Phx won't have the new guys suited up so that we won't need Dwight all game long - if he plays. Although Amare will likely be a handful all game long.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#17 » by magicmamma » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm not too worried about Dwight playing at least a little. This appears to be one of those injuries that hurts like the blazes with an action that really isn't doing much damage -- rather like getting a speck of dust in your eye. I hope Tony is in good shape. He had some knee and shoulder pain a couple of games ago.

Return to Orlando Magic