ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic (19-6) vs. San Antonio Spurs (15-9)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Re: Orlando Magic (19-6) vs. San Antonio Spurs (15-9) 

Post#401 » by drsd » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:44 am

When Marcin was playing with Jameer, there were some fantastic picks set. Gortat basically should get credited with a couple of assists for how easy he set op Nelson's layups.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,527

Post#402 » by SOUL » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:04 am

another game I miss, another win... glad we won though
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#403 » by MagicNolesFSU » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 am

wow how do you miss THIS game lol
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,527

Post#404 » by SOUL » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 am

not on purpose, but I work nights mostly now
lapassione
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#405 » by lapassione » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:25 pm

gortat played very good defense. many times parker tried to get to the hoops and turned away.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#406 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Jameer has been our second best player for a good chunk of the season. He is staying aggressive and it's working for him. I hope he can keep it up for the rest of his career.

Dwight had some smooth looking moves. Could have used him a bit more. Good to have him back. He makes the game a lot easier for everyone.

Courtney is a gun. Made a few rookie mistakes but that guy is gonna be a player!
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#407 » by Edrock » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:52 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:When Parker's jumpshot completely abandons him like that... It's a joy to watch.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#408 » by mhectorgato » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:wow how do you miss THIS game lol

He's not a real fan.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Just Plain Mark
Assistant Coach
And1: 193

Post#409 » by Just Plain Mark » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 pm

Jameer did a really good job sagging off Parker and going under screens. Also, he's doing a very good job of mixing up his drives with pull up and spot up jumpers.

I don't understand Hedo's issue. He's holding on to the ball too long on those plays at the end of the shot clock. He's had success pulling up at the elbows and at spot up shooting, but his pull up threes and half way drives aren't cutting it.

I love watching Lee play. Even those missed pull up jumpers demonstrate he has a very diverse offensive game. His quickness and fundamental soundness on D are also refreshing to watch; he seems to really enjoy the big defensive assignments that he gets.

Haven't seen all the comments, but is anyone else surprised that Tony didn't play at all, especially since Duncan was on the other side? Not to go too overboard, but I'd imagine that there'd be several teams interested in Battie.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#410 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:44 pm

I think you guys are reading into Battie not playing and Cook GETTING THE PLAY TIME (ON NATIONAL TV BTW) Is more a sign that they are trying to "showcase" COOK, NOT Battie.

If theres ANYthing we all know is that Stan DOES NOT just randomly give a guy KNOWN TO BE in his doghouse (or any other 3rd reserve player for that matter) minutes over his TRUSTED guys without earning it.

Hell Courtney Lee has far outplayed Bogans and SVG STILL gives Bogans the nod...and thats a guy that actually EARNED HIS TIME unlike Cook or JJ (only due to injuries got mins).
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#411 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 pm

you know....until i read my post i didnt even realize i was doing the whole capitolization for emphasis thing...weird.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#412 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't believe in that whole showcasing thing. GM's already know what guys in the league can do. Especially someone like Cook. One game wont change anything. Besides, a good coach like SVG isn't going to play a player he doesn't want to.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#413 » by taruky1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:05 pm

Just Plain Mark wrote:
I don't understand Hedo's issue. He's holding on to the ball too long on those plays at the end of the shot clock. He's had success pulling up at the elbows and at spot up shooting, but his pull up threes and half way drives aren't cutting it.

Hedo's problems this season stem from:
1. Shot is off. Open, contested, layup, whatever...he's missing them. It sounds so simple, but that's the reality. It's like a slumping baseball player who suddenly isn't seeing the pitches well.
2. Getting more defensive attention. No question in my mind defenses are paying much more attention to him this season.
3. Not in as good shape this season. Nobody to blame but himself.

Things will even out, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be back up to at least 42% by season's end. That bodes well for the Magic.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#414 » by magicmamma » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:12 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:I don't believe in that whole showcasing thing. GM's already know what guys in the league can do. Especially someone like Cook. One game wont change anything. Besides, a good coach like SVG isn't going to play a player he doesn't want to.

Agreed. GMs who want to check out a relatively unknown player can look at all the old games they need to see. SVG would quit on the spot if he was told to play a guy for any reason other than he thought he would help win the game.

I am a little worried about Tony. He has had some pains and was "off" the last time he played. But Marcin and Cookie have both been playing well, so maybe Stan just thought they were the better matchup.

As for Courtney vs Keith, Lee was spectacular, but Boguns really produced -- 9 rebounds and repeated clutch shots. Lee was struggling trying to guard vets. I love the rook, but he's still green and Boguns has been outplaying him IMO.

The crowd was by far the biggest of the season and was unusually loud, but about 2/3 of them walked out before the last minute.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#415 » by mhectorgato » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

magicmamma wrote:The crowd was by far the biggest of the season and was unusually loud, but about 2/3 of them walked out before the last minute.

Saw the same thing during the telecast ... I shook my head at that. Big win on national TV, and you don't stay to give the final applause to the guys ... don't get it.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#416 » by magicmamma » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 pm

It's really important to get an early start at sitting in traffic.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#417 » by mhectorgato » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm

magicmamma wrote:It's really important to get an early start at sitting in traffic.

:laugh:

Exactly - if the majority of the people are leaving, then you're not beating the traffic, if that is everyone's intentions.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#418 » by Shishnizzle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:57 pm

magicmamma wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:I don't believe in that whole showcasing thing. GM's already know what guys in the league can do. Especially someone like Cook. One game wont change anything. Besides, a good coach like SVG isn't going to play a player he doesn't want to.

Agreed. GMs who want to check out a relatively unknown player can look at all the old games they need to see. SVG would quit on the spot if he was told to play a guy for any reason other than he thought he would help win the game.

I am a little worried about Tony. He has had some pains and was "off" the last time he played. But Marcin and Cookie have both been playing well, so maybe Stan just thought they were the better matchup.

As for Courtney vs Keith, Lee was spectacular, but Boguns really produced -- 9 rebounds and repeated clutch shots. Lee was struggling trying to guard vets. I love the rook, but he's still green and Boguns has been outplaying him IMO.

The crowd was by far the biggest of the season and was unusually loud, but about 2/3 of them walked out before the last minute.

Agreed
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#419 » by TNMagicFan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 pm

I think Stan just wanted to give Tony a night off . He's been hobbling around the last few games like his ankle has been bothering him . Another reason may be that Cook can shoot and we did need some offense, so he served his purpose .

Return to Orlando Magic