ImageImageImageImage

I Quit, No Way I Play for Magic says G. Hill

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

I Quit, No Way I Play for Magic says G. Hill 

Post#1 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Well it really sounds like Grant Hill still believes that the Magic screwed him over, when in fact he did it to himself. I really think y'all should read this article.
It shows just how much BS, BS wrote in his article oh forgive me Blog.

Grant Hill won’t be traded … or he’ll retire
December 17th, 2008, 2:49 pm · Post a Comment · posted by jerrybrown

Grant Hill wants to go back to the Magic? You could have fooled him.

“No, I don’t want to go back to Orlando!” Hill said before the question could be asked when he emerged from the Suns locker room following Wednesday’s practice. “Let’s get that out of the way first.”

and here is the best part just how much he loves the Magic

“Let me put it this way: If I get trade, I quit. I retire. I’m done. Hopefully, that’s the end to that.”

Here is the rest of the article:

http://rimshots.freedomblogging.com/200 ... etire/440/
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Re: I Quit, No Way I Play for Magic says G. Hill 

Post#2 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:31 pm

So here is Grant Hill telling y'all to .........................................and no one has anything to say is it because now you realize you got BSed by BS again or that all your trashing of Redick got you no where he is here to stay as Otis Smith has been telling y'all.
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#3 » by Orange Ave. » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:32 pm

My first reaction is. Grant Hill, you are an ass.

After more thoughtful consideration:

We were good to you for 7 years, kissed your butt, called you heroic, then you get booed for a few minutes during 1 game (because you bailed on us) and because of that you'd rather retire than come back?

Conclusion: you're an ass
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 pm

cougar13 wrote:Well it really sounds like Grant Hill still believes that the Magic screwed him over, when in fact he did it to himself. I really think y'all should read this article.
It shows just how much BS, BS wrote in his article oh forgive me Blog.

Grant Hill won’t be traded … or he’ll retire
December 17th, 2008, 2:49 pm · Post a Comment · posted by jerrybrown

Grant Hill wants to go back to the Magic? You could have fooled him.

“No, I don’t want to go back to Orlando!” Hill said before the question could be asked when he emerged from the Suns locker room following Wednesday’s practice. “Let’s get that out of the way first.”

and here is the best part just how much he loves the Magic

“Let me put it this way: If I get trade, I quit. I retire. I’m done. Hopefully, that’s the end to that.”

Here is the rest of the article:

http://rimshots.freedomblogging.com/200 ... etire/440/

Y'all going to love this BS throwing more BS our way on his blog:

The blog stands by its blog.

That's right BS wants y'all to know he is right and ......................................same old story just more BS from BS and Grant Hill.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... -talk.html
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#5 » by MagicMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:50 pm

I believe BS over Hill.
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#6 » by Catledge » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

cougar13 wrote:So here is Grant Hill telling y'all to .........................................and no one has anything to say is it because now you realize you got BSed by BS again or that all your trashing of Redick got you no where he is here to stay as Otis Smith has been telling y'all.

Yes, all those people who said that Redick wouldn't produce when he finally got minutes sure were wrong...

(I'm aware that I'm only provoking her, but I can't resist. Any bets on whether her reply begins with "I guess you didn't know/see/hear..."?)
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Catledge wrote:
cougar13 wrote:So here is Grant Hill telling y'all to .........................................and no one has anything to say is it because now you realize you got BSed by BS again or that all your trashing of Redick got you no where he is here to stay as Otis Smith has been telling y'all.

Yes, all those people who said that Redick wouldn't produce when he finally got minutes sure were wrong...

(I'm aware that I'm only provoking her, but I can't resist. Any bets on whether her reply begins with "I guess you didn't know/see/hear..."?)

Actually I wonder do you know better then Otis Smith and SVG I know I don't, but you seem to say you do. Do you really???

Oh I gather you don't mind that Grant Hill just told the whole world that the Magic Stink period.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#8 » by magicman123 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm

who gives a damn about grant hill, he is finally gone and that name should just disappear, o wait he represented himself so well while sitting the bench for 7 years, i would like to kick that clown in the head liu kang style
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by LiteHedded » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:34 pm

bs is a dummy.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by MagicMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:38 pm

cougar13 wrote:
Oh I gather you don't mind that Grant Hill just told the whole world that the Magic Stink period.

Hey, now you're putting words in his mouth. I'm pretty sure Hill is saying that if he is traded anywhere (using Orlando as the example since he was asked about the Magic), he will retire. He's probably just comfortable where he is and doesn't want to leave, figuring he'll be retiring soon anyways. Either that or, like he is quoted as saying in the article, he doesn't want to come back to a situation where the fans were booing him last year (since we always have to f***ing boo everyone which is annoying sorry off-topic).
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:45 pm

MagicMadness wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Hey, now you're putting words in his mouth. I'm pretty sure Hill is saying that if he is traded anywhere (using Orlando as the example since he was asked about the Magic), he will retire. He's probably just comfortable where he is and doesn't want to leave, figuring he'll be retiring soon anyways.

Are you so sure???
Remember he was asked about the Magic no other team and it really sounded like he told the Magic to shove it, he didn't mention any other team in that shove it kind of way.

BTW Brian must be reading the different forums because I haven't seen so many blogs by him in this short of time trying to prove that Hill is telling lies and that Brian is really telling the truth. He found another blogger that is saying the samething, but did mention that Hill said no way about the Magic.

http://ken-berger.blogs.sportsline.com/ ... 3/12369305
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by MagicMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm not sure where you're getting that Hill is insinuating that "the Magic stink" though. He didn't say anything about the talent level of the Magic, the direction they're headed in, nothing.

“Great. Instead of getting booed once a year, I’d get booed all year,” Hill said, referring to the reaction he received in his return to Orlando last year. “Let me put it this way: If I get trade, I quit. I retire. I’m done. Hopefully, that’s the end to that.”

I think the bolded quote sums up his feelings. It's not the team, but rather the way he feels he'll be treated if he were traded back to us.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I'm not sure where you're getting that Hill is insinuating that "the Magic stink" though. He didn't say anything about the talent level of the Magic, the direction they're headed in, nothing.

“Great. Instead of getting booed once a year, I’d get booed all year,” Hill said, referring to the reaction he received in his return to Orlando last year. “Let me put it this way: If I get trade, I quit. I retire. I’m done. Hopefully, that’s the end to that.”

I think the bolded quote sums up his feelings. It's not the team, but rather the way he feels he'll be treated if he were traded back to us.

It really sounds like he would quit if traded to the Magic, but the same wouldn't happen if he were to be traded to lets see Boston or the Lakers it's just the Magic he never wants to play for again.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#14 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... sline.html

CBS Sportsline Confirms Our Hill-For-Redick Talk

This posted by Ken Berger of CBS Sportsline (Just to prove I haven't been hallucinating):

An NBA coaching source who does not toss trade rumors around carelessly confirmed the legitimacy of an Orlando Sentinel report stating that the Suns and Magic could be partners in a Duke-for-Duke swap involving Grant Hill and J.J. Redick. The deal would make sense, the source said, because "both players want out of their respective teams."

Hill, who played six mostly injury-filled seasons in Orlando before signing with the Suns in 2007, is renovating a permanent home in the Orlando area. But the 36-year-old Hill dismissed the speculation Wednesday, saying, "If I get traded, I quit." Hill is a free agent after the season.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by MagicMadness » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 pm

lol, you know what - I quit. Hill either originally said something behind closed doors and has now had a change of heart and/or doesn't want to piss off his current employers/fanbase, or, someone close to him made up a story about him wanting out.

Whatever. I've had enough.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#16 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 pm

This was all Bull Shiznit to begin with and who cares what Grant thinks. He may not have intended to but he screwed the Magic from the get. So the hell with him.

Brian Schmitz has elevated his irrelevancy.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#17 » by craig01 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:59 pm

No matter what he meant or didn't mean, I don't want him back regardless.

He's still an OK player, but this team just doesn't need him at this point.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#18 » by damo[23] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Like I say if he has nothing but the best of intentions for a team hes pointless to get. Just leave him there, he knows he made a horrible decision [and I for one am glad he made it] and now he trying to make, for one, us sound like bad guys [in his tone, not words] and two that he might actually be a loyal guy, yet he's bolt'ed two teams already.
Just Plain Mark
Assistant Coach
And1: 193

Post#19 » by Just Plain Mark » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I think the need for another PF is more pressing than the need for another SF. Though regardless of whether Hill ever actually played for the Magic, I think the move would benefit the Magic financially because JJ doesn't expire next year but Hill does. Those $2 mil could make a difference in signing Hedo.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#20 » by TMU » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Why does Orlando want him back?
The guy ruined McGrady's career and basically stole money from the franchise.

Return to Orlando Magic