ImageImageImageImage

According to the Orl Sen. Attendance is down

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Re: According to the Orl Sen. Attendance is down 

Post#21 » by AgEnT50 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 am

drsd wrote:
AgEnT50 wrote:As much as I hate to say it. . .

2 reasons:

Economy

No Carlos Arroyo? :dontknow:

Usually, winning sells tickets. For a team that's 20-6 to not be selling out every game says something!

true, but the quality of our opponents has alot to do with it too.

We've yet to play Cleveland, New Orleans, Lake Show, C's, Knicks(alot of local fans), Pistons or even the Heat at home yet
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#22 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 am

Economy people.

When money gets tight the entertainment dollar is the first thing cut back.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#23 » by trebone » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm

went to the bucks game, cant find good lower bowl seats for a decent price anymore, byt the time I drive from ocala park lots of beer i am looking at least a hundo for the game, crazy
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by TheRevTy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:58 pm

What is wrong with the upper bowl? It's not like we're playing at the Staples Center, where you need binoculars to see.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#25 » by magicmamma » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

TheRevTy wrote:What is wrong with the upper bowl? It's not like we're playing at the Staples Center, where you need binoculars to see.

Snob appeal, I guess. I have lower bowl tickets this season, and one reason I'm considering moving upstairs again next year is the quality of the fans. I swear most of the people sitting in front of me are there for the social event and the beer. They don't like to wait in line, so they get up to go get more food and beer while play is going on and stay in their seats at half time for the real entertainment. Then they have to stand there and discuss everyone's order before they get their fat butts out of my view. Although all of the seats in my section are supposed to be season tickets, there are different people in them every game. I had some regular neighbors upstairs, and they tell me to come back every time I see them. The upper bowl fans seem to come for the game. Of course a lot of them come to cheer the other team.

I have a corner seat, and am close enough to see the player's faces, which I like, but I don't get the great overall view I had at center court upper bowl. Of course you can't beat the high-priced lower bowl seats, but for those of similar prices, I think upper bowl is better. There's a reason why they have all the half-price specials on lower bowl season tickets, but you hardly get a discount for a season ticket on the good upper bowl seats.

You can almost always get a good buy on a lower bowl ticket at the game -- especially if you come alone.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#26 » by BassMaster » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:44 pm

I was reading that it's throughout the league the attendance drop because of the terrible economy.
And yes the other sports are taking a hit as well. Though some college programs like Duke are not feeling the heat they are still playing to full houses.
magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#27 » by magic1636 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:41 pm

I've done my part I have been to all the games except for the Indiana game. I was out of town for thanksgiving.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#28 » by craig01 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Definitely the economy.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#29 » by EasternMagic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:07 am

as sad as it is, the carlos arroyo factor plays in. I hate that, it sickens me that people would only come to games to see a member of their own race play.
But I was at the game last night and it seemed pretty packed
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,417

Post#30 » by UCFJayBird » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 am

magicmamma wrote:
TheRevTy wrote:What is wrong with the upper bowl? It's not like we're playing at the Staples Center, where you need binoculars to see.

Snob appeal, I guess. I have lower bowl tickets this season, and one reason I'm considering moving upstairs again next year is the quality of the fans. I swear most of the people sitting in front of me are there for the social event and the beer. They don't like to wait in line, so they get up to go get more food and beer while play is going on and stay in their seats at half time for the real entertainment. Then they have to stand there and discuss everyone's order before they get their fat butts out of my view. Although all of the seats in my section are supposed to be season tickets, there are different people in them every game. I had some regular neighbors upstairs, and they tell me to come back every time I see them. The upper bowl fans seem to come for the game. Of course a lot of them come to cheer the other team.

I have a corner seat, and am close enough to see the player's faces, which I like, but I don't get the great overall view I had at center court upper bowl. Of course you can't beat the high-priced lower bowl seats, but for those of similar prices, I think upper bowl is better. There's a reason why they have all the half-price specials on lower bowl season tickets, but you hardly get a discount for a season ticket on the good upper bowl seats.

You can almost always get a good buy on a lower bowl ticket at the game -- especially if you come alone.

People around you probably get their tickets from their company's season ticket packages. A lot of companies get season tickets and give them to employees, who then sometimes give em to clients or potential clients.

I usually manage to snag a preseason game. haha. :D
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#31 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:42 am

The better (crazier) fans are definitely in the upper bowl or in the sections behind the baskets.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#32 » by MoMM » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Thats because i came back to Brazil =D

Well, upper bowl is nice to me. Upper bown has a much better view than watching soccer on stadiums here in Brazil.

Return to Orlando Magic