ImageImageImageImage

OT: Please spread the warmth!!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

OT: Please spread the warmth!! 

Post#1 » by BassMaster » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 am

It's not even offically winter here and it's 13 degree's with wind chills making it feel like 5 below and we have 2 feet of snow on the ground and expecting a lot more. So maybe you could send some of that nice warm weather you are having up here :rock: :rock: :rock: :winkgrin: :burger: :party:
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Re: OT: Please spread the warmth!! 

Post#2 » by magicmamma » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:40 am

Oh come on! You are going to make these Floridians think that's cold weather. I used to live ~150 miles NE of Syracuse. I used to love to go down to Syracuse in the winter for the warmth, although going through Watertown on a snowy day could be challenging.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#3 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:12 am

Only good thing about this warm weather, I got to wear by D12 old school white with black pinstripes jersey. :D If lucky I'll whip it out for Christmas.

In all seriousness, I was expecting a very cold winter where it would constantly be 30-40 degrees. :( I love cold weather and it's just abnormal for me to have the need to turn on the air conditioning in my house less than a week from Christmas.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by EasternMagic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 am

cougar13 wrote:It's not even offically winter here and it's 13 degree's with wind chills making it feel like 5 below and we have 2 feet of snow on the ground and expecting a lot more. So maybe you could send some of that nice warm weather you are having up here :rock: :rock: :rock: :winkgrin: :burger: :party:

Where are you? I'll definitely share the warmth if you share some of the cold :D I've always wanted to have a cold Christmas... which never happens here :cry:
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#5 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:53 am

We had cool weather for a stretch there. What happened!?
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#6 » by craig01 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Well there is a flip side to the warmth cougar.

This morning I have to mow the grass, trim, edge, and clean up.

After that I may cut down a tree if I feel like it.

Might have to run the sprinklers later.

And yes, I will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt while doing so.

It's about 80° today.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
magicmamma
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by magicmamma » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:37 pm

NO WAY I want a cold Christmas! I grew up in Wisconsin and lived and worked in the far north almost exclusively until I moved here 8 years ago. I've walked to work when the wind chill was -80 (couldn't drive -- too cold for the car). I've gone through a December ritual of shoveling 3 feet of heavy snow out of the driveway after the temperature dropped to below zero after a major blizzard. I've slid off a slush-slicked highway, then waited two hours for a tow truck, since they were tied up with the fatal accident. I've gone without electricity and a furnace for a week in January when an ice storm just wouldn't stop tearing down the power lines. And I have family up north who say, "How can you live in FL with those hurricanes, LOL."

Snow looks great in pictures. I love a green Christmas and my husband's ritual of taking a dip in the pool on Christmas day.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by BassMaster » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:58 pm

craig01 wrote:Well there is a flip side to the warmth cougar.

This morning I have to mow the grass, trim, edge, and clean up.

After that I may cut down a tree if I feel like it.

Might have to run the sprinklers later.

And yes, I will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt while doing so.

It's about 80° today.

I feel for you craig sounds like so much trouble so why don't we switch and I will do all those chores and you come here. Today we are suppose to get a foot of new snow on top of the 2 feet we already have on the ground. Right now it's a balmy 19 degree's with wind chills of making it feel like zero. As magicmama said that is not all that cold it's just 20 degree's below normal for this time of the year.
I was suppose to be attending UCF, but my student loan got frozen with everything else so instead I have to endure another really cold winter. In fact the National Weather Service said this could be one of the coldest on record.
So magicmama those really cold wind chills you were talking about they are just around the corner.
Plus to make things worse here since we are near a Great Lake we get hit by serious Lake Effect Snow as well. Magicmama knows what I am talking about.
So do you miss the White Outs Magic Mama lol.
My student loan is suppose to be available this summer and yes I am going to grab it and move as fast as I can no more of the cold that goes right through you and summers that are more Humid then what you have in Florida.
The funny thing with the weather this year is that where you are is suppose to stay warm to hot and we are stuck in the deep freeze with plenty of snow and freezing rain.
Any takers I would gladly switch for anyone who wants a cold white Christmas and New Years lol :D
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#9 » by MitchellUK » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Bah, I have just arrived back in the UK for Christmas - it's about 5 degrees here, but it feels bloody tropical in comparison to the place I just left. Minus 13 before windchill, and 6 inches or so of snowfall in a matter of hours before I flew out of Ontario on Friday.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by craig01 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Well, I just got done with the yard work, broke a serious sweat but decided to save cutting down the tree for a cooler day. lol

Instead, I am off to Sam's to buy some meat.

I decided to barbecue some "pit beef" today because the weather is so nice.

ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#11 » by ivDT » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:37 pm

i'm with magicmamma on this one. anyone who has experienced winter up north would consider this nice, mild weather. compared to some of the winters i've spent in DC (which really isn't that cold. certainly not as cold, i'd imagine, as wisconsin. yikes!) and new york this is absolutely splendid weather.

of course, conditions might be a bit different down here in south florida compared to orlando...
magicmamma
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by magicmamma » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:14 pm

cougar13 wrote:So magicmama those really cold wind chills you were talking about they are just around the corner.
Plus to make things worse here since we are near a Great Lake we get hit by serious Lake Effect Snow as well. Magicmama knows what I am talking about.
So do you miss the White Outs Magic Mama lol.

Cougar, I lived in Potsdam for 20 some years. No significant wind chill there. The -80 was in Wisconsin. The temperature was -40, way below the record low for Potsdam, even though most people in Potsdam swear it gets that cold every winter, LOL. For four years, my son played in the Syracuse Symphony Youth Orchestra. Every Sunday during the academic year, we made the ~300 mile round trip from Potsdam to Syracuse for his rehearsal, going through Watertown, never missing in four years. On a few days when major lake effect was predicted, we left on Saturday and stayed overnight. We made it during the great ice storm when it was still illegal to be on the road.

One day, we hit major snow for about 10 miles around Watertown in the morning. Syracuse was nice and sunny. On the way home, we hit the snow again. Now it's about 20 miles, really deep snow, and full white-out. (There is no place to stop and lay over in the 65 miles from Syracuse to Watertown, for anyone else who is reading.) I did the only possible thing and followed close behind a semi. I decided to stop and stay overnight in Watertown, but when we got there, there was no exit -- just several feet of snow on an exit ramp. And my semi was headed for Canada! Fortunately, just beyond Watertown, the snow stopped (well, mostly) and I was able to make it home. The next day, I learned that Watertown had 6 feet of snow that day.

Don't miss it, but my son says his current dream job would be to play in the Syracuse Symphony Orchestra.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#13 » by MoGrAdY » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:05 pm

craig01 wrote:Well, I just got done with the yard work, broke a serious sweat but decided to save cutting down the tree for a cooler day. lol

HAHAHA :lol:

I dont mind the warm weather at all. Living in Michigan for 17 yrs gave me my fill of snow and ice storm storms and below zero temperatures.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by BassMaster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:24 pm

craig01 wrote:Well, I just got done with the yard work, broke a serious sweat but decided to save cutting down the tree for a cooler day. lol

So Sorry for sending you some of our colder air, but we did have to send it some place and you were the logical choice.
BTW right now it is 15 degrees with heavy snow and winds gusting to over 30 so the wind chills right now are hovering around 20-30 below zero. So we may have to send more cold weather your way. :naaa:
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#15 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Woke up and it was 50 degrees, beautiful morning. Keep it coming, and start sending some snow too.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by craig01 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:29 pm

I'd like about one day of snow too.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by BassMaster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 am

craig01 wrote:I'd like about one day of snow too.

Well we have had three straight days of snow so that wouldn't be that much of a problem. I just tried to clear the snow off a friends car it had 4 feet of snow covering it and an inch of ice.
So plenty of snow to send your way and suppose to get three more storms after this so take your pick. :D

Return to Orlando Magic