ImageImageImageImage

Amar

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Re: Amar 

Post#21 » by SS_MagicMark » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Imagine if we could sign Tracy McGrady & Grant Hill both to max deals in the same offseason...
KnightChris
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#22 » by KnightChris » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:29 pm

SS_MagicMark wrote:Imagine if we could sign Tracy McGrady & Grant Hill both to max deals in the same offseason...

That would be sweet, but not as sweet as T-Mac, Hill, and Tim Duncan.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#23 » by SS_MagicMark » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:58 pm

We'd be unstoppable! At least six- or seven-peat.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#24 » by magicman123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:06 pm

ive always been a fan of amare, i use to watch him all the time when he played high school ball, so i would love if he joined the magic, but i dont see the suns trading him away to the magic, plus the suns should have enough money to resign him if they really want to
KnightChris
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#25 » by KnightChris » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:08 pm

SS_MagicMark wrote:We'd be unstoppable! At least six- or seven-peat.

But we'd need a really good coach. Somebody that's won a championship. You think we could get Doc Rivers?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#26 » by EasternMagic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:
glennathan wrote:If you want to go after Amar'e then wait until 2010 and try to bring him in then. That is the most realistic way of it happening. The trade would not work for Phoenix because of the reasons Mitchell already pointed out.

Amare will definitely bolt in 2010, Nash and Shaq will be done by then.

STOP POSTING TRADES PEOPLE, WE'RE OFF TO THE BEST START IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!! I doubt people were asking to trade Horace, 3D, or Nick over a decade ago.

Ya but they didn't have RealGM back then :wink:
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#27 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:11 pm

LID ! LOCK This !
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#28 » by craig01 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:58 pm

SS_MagicMark wrote:Imagine if we could sign Tracy McGrady & Grant Hill both to max deals in the same offseason...

It could still happen.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#29 » by damo[23] » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:54 am

I personally think that Amare would get in the way of Dwight. While Amare can operate from the outside he has great finese inside, also would there really be enough ball for Amare, Dwight and then Rashard and Co to get theres.

I am starting to think that Hedo wont be as expensive to keep. Stats wise he is down, and his % arent the best, he fits so well on our team, but I dont think other teams would be willing to take the $ chance that he can work in any system the same, while not producing the numbers they'd be trying to pay for.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#30 » by Bensational » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 am

craig01 wrote:

It could still happen.

LMAO! thanks Craig. that's the funniest thing i've read on the board in a while.
SpaceCoastGator
Junior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by SpaceCoastGator » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:43 am

I agree...Hedo is much more likely to stay/be affordable...$8 to $9 MM a year now (for five) instead of ten mil plus.

No trades of core players...the only thing we should be talking about is a backup point.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#32 » by JaxMagic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 am

2010?

Pg- Nelson/Lee
Sg- T-mac/Pietrus
Sf- Turk/Hill
Pf- Lewis
Ce- Dwight/Shaq

vs.

Pg- Nash/Duhon
Sg- Bron
Sf- ??
Pf- Lee/Harrington?
Ce- Amare/Bosh

Totally
golfreak
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#33 » by golfreak » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:27 am

SpaceCoastGator wrote:I agree...Hedo is much more likely to stay/be affordable...$8 to $9 MM a year now (for five) instead of ten mil plus.

No trades of core players...the only thing we should be talking about is a backup point.

Bingo, ding ding ding, give this guy the grand prize.
Stop with these ridiculous trade proposal of our core players.
Only thing we really need is a back-up PG because the only player I really hate seeing our there is AJ.
Even without finding a backup PG, I'd rather see Lee and Hedo out there and either one of them can control the point.
Say NO to AJ.
I know we need rebouding help but bringing a big guy would leave less minutes to Battie and Gortat and we need to develop Gortat and build his confidence.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#34 » by trebone » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:11 pm

First of all phoenix would not do this, and in all actuality I would not like amare here clogging the lane with dwight. He is a me first player and we have a better shot at getting bosh IMO would be much more suited to play with our team. shard bosh dwight could you imagine the mismatches with the rest of the league!
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#35 » by glennathan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:04 pm

JayDubya wrote:2010?

Pg- Nelson/Lee
Sg- T-mac/Pietrus
Sf- Turk/Hill
Pf- Lewis
Ce- Dwight/Shaq

vs.

Pg- Nash/Duhon
Sg- Bron
Sf- ??
Pf- Lee/Harrington?
Ce- Amare/Bosh

Totally

I would really like to see T-Mac come back here to play but would he? He is not healthy and would be taking a big risk if he got anything over the MLE and even that is pushing it. Hill would only come back to Orlando if we offered him another 8 year 80 million dollar deal so he could ride the bench for another 8 years. Shaq will never play for Orlando again. He is all about the big markets (LA, Miami, Phoenix). As far New York goes I hope they go after an aging Nash and Amar'e. There is no way that NY gets Nash, Amar'e, Bosh, and James. That is way too much. That would definitely be one heck of lineup if NY did get all of those players but very unlikely. Good thoughts though.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?

Return to Orlando Magic