ImageImageImageImage

Game #34: Magic @ Raptors Jan. 4th 12:30 p.m.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: Game #34: Magic @ Raptors Jan. 4th 12:30 p.m. 

Post#741 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 4, 2009 9:42 pm

goflyakite wrote:A "KNOWN" source? Link, please backing that notion? Dwight's been backing plenty of people in, but unfortunately some players AND teams resort to flopping as a defense against power players...you guys know about that at all? :wink:

Wow, how long have you been following the Orlando Magic? Not long? I mean, I'm surprised you've never heard of players and coaches talk about Dwight's weak lower body.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#742 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 9:44 pm

What the hell

We played today and lost?

Wow... That's what happens when you pay attention to football for the whole weekend.

I'm really baffled.

What happend?
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
goflyakite
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#743 » by goflyakite » Sun Jan 4, 2009 9:47 pm

Death Knight wrote:
goflyakite wrote:A "KNOWN" source? Link, please backing that notion? Dwight's been backing plenty of people in, but unfortunately some players AND teams resort to flopping as a defense against power players...you guys know about that at all? :wink:

Wow, how long have you been following the Orlando Magic? Not long? I mean, I'm surprised you've never heard of players and coaches talk about Dwight's weak lower body.
Again...link. I've read and heard nothing of the sort. And refer to my last post. Maybe that will shed a glimmer of light through that haze of absurdity which you seem to be muddling through at the moment.
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#744 » by goflyakite » Sun Jan 4, 2009 9:51 pm

Bucs80 wrote:What the hell

We played today and lost?

Wow... That's what happens when you pay attention to football for the whole weekend.

I'm really baffled.

What happend?

The fellas took a day off at the defensive end and the Raps played lights out...nothing more, nothing less.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#745 » by EasternMagic » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:09 pm

Eastern "eat my words" Magic....
:(
what the heck happened?
RapZilla
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#746 » by RapZilla » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:15 pm

Good game guys. Exciting to say the least.

Ignore the raps fans who try to rub it in. They're the ones who bash their own team when the chips are down too.

Fact is the Raps have more talent than they're record indicates but aren't as good as Orlando period. We played well, you didn't. Credit is due nonetheless I think, especially considering we were without JO and Jose. Both of whom were just getting hot when they went down with injuries.

If we can get any semblance of chemistry on a consistent basis we might turn things around before its too late. Most of all we need better wing players.

I'm rooting for the Magic if my Raptors aren't in the playoff mix.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#747 » by Nothingface » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:20 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Nothingface wrote:Anyways, good game guys.

I hope this is Orlando's year, if it can't be Toronto's.

Do the East proud.

I gotta go walk my dogs...

my dogs > your dogs.

:)
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#748 » by SOUL » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:20 pm

Roko impressed me. If he can shoot, I think he'd be a better starter than Calderon.. his D is pretty solid and he drives a lot which is good
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#749 » by zuppafly » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:21 pm

RapZilla wrote:Good game guys. Exciting to say the least.

Ignore the raps fans who try to rub it in. They're the ones who bash their own team when the chips are down too.

Fact is the Raps have more talent than they're record indicates but aren't as good as Orlando period. We played well, you didn't. Credit is due nonetheless I think, especially considering we were without JO and Jose. Both of whom were just getting hot when they went down with injuries.

If we can get any semblance of chemistry on a consistent basis we might turn things around before its too late. Most of all we need better wing players.

I'm rooting for the Magic if my Raptors aren't in the playoff mix.

Agreed. The Raps executed very well tonight and they were shot after shot. THe Magic only played well for a few stretches of the game.
Raptors with O'Neal and Calderon should own for the 4th-5th spot in the East easily (get a good wing defender and I'd say you'd be fighting against the Magic for the 3rd seed).
The Magic with Pietrus back should also be stronger (and we'd be even stronger if Bogans wasn't our SG starter.).

Also, I'm very very close to join the "Get Hedo out of here" bandwagon. I'm hoping it's just a slump, but his ball hogging is getting ridiculous and hurting the team.
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#750 » by Lockdown » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:39 pm

Soul wrote:Roko impressed me. If he can shoot, I think he'd be a better starter than Calderon.. his D is pretty solid and he drives a lot which is good

He can't. This was his best game in the NBA by a mile.

And pay no mind to the trolls. They're the same people who muck up the Raptor board for the sane posters too; at least you guys only have to put up with them a couple of times a year. You can also rest in the knowledge that the Magic have owned the Raps for the last while, and this is the Raps' biggest win of the year (beating Houston on Friday was good too, but those guys didn't even show up to play).
KG1585
Head Coach
And1: 248

Post#751 » by KG1585 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:46 pm

Lockdown wrote:
Soul wrote:Roko impressed me. If he can shoot, I think he'd be a better starter than Calderon.. his D is pretty solid and he drives a lot which is good

He can't. This was his best game in the NBA by a mile.

And pay no mind to the trolls. They're the same people who muck up the Raptor board for the sane posters too; at least you guys only have to put up with them a couple of times a year. You can also rest in the knowledge that the Magic have owned the Raps for the last while, and this is the Raps' biggest win of the year (beating Houston on Friday was good too, but those guys didn't even show up to play).

um...what trolls? I don't see any Raps fan saying that The Raps are better than the Magic. They are making the case that it's not a fluke win, and the Raps are better than there record shows.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#752 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 4, 2009 10:46 pm

goflyakite wrote:Again...link. I've read and heard nothing of the sort. And refer to my last post. Maybe that will shed a glimmer of light through that haze of absurdity which you seem to be muddling through at the moment.

It started mostly with the Pistons calling Dwight out.

http://www.tampabaysportsblog.com/2008/ ... -of-words/

"The Pistons are hardened and have a rotation of strong men who they throw at Howard and anyone else who wants it. Theo Ratliff is a physical vet and along with Jason Maxiell, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess they are a force that can mix it up with anyone. The Pistons also called out Dwight Howard by saying his upper body is strong but he has a ‘weak’ lower body. Howard took exception to that but he needs to prove himself there."

It's normal for guys to work a lot on their upper body and less on their lower body or in some cases completely forget about the lower body. Dwight is still a beast, so don't get so offended.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#753 » by MitchellUK » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:07 pm

Death Knight wrote:
goflyakite wrote:Again...link. I've read and heard nothing of the sort. And refer to my last post. Maybe that will shed a glimmer of light through that haze of absurdity which you seem to be muddling through at the moment.

It started mostly with the Pistons calling Dwight out.

http://www.tampabaysportsblog.com/2008/ ... -of-words/

"The Pistons are hardened and have a rotation of strong men who they throw at Howard and anyone else who wants it. Theo Ratliff is a physical vet and along with Jason Maxiell, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess they are a force that can mix it up with anyone. The Pistons also called out Dwight Howard by saying his upper body is strong but he has a ‘weak’ lower body. Howard took exception to that but he needs to prove himself there."

It's normal for guys to work a lot on their upper body and less on their lower body or in some cases completely forget about the lower body. Dwight is still a beast, so don't get so offended.

Dude, I don't think the Pistons saying stuff like that - clearly mind games to try and get into Dwight's head - endorses the suggestion that Howard has weak legs. Facts are facts, and as someone posted earlier, propelling 275lbs upwards for a 1m vertical leap suggests that maybe the Pistons were wrong.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#754 » by Nothingface » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:11 pm

MitchellUK wrote:
Dude, I don't think the Pistons saying stuff like that - clearly mind games to try and get into Dwight's head - endorses the suggestion that Howard has weak legs. Facts are facts, and as someone posted earlier, propelling 275lbs upwards for a 1m vertical leap suggests that maybe the Pistons were wrong.

That is just not a good point. It's a different kind of strength that gives you hops as opposed to the strength that gives you pushing power. Otherwise Olympic power lifters would excel at high jump and long jump. Last time I checked they don't.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#755 » by SOUL » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:14 pm

Charles pointed it out too.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#756 » by Natural11 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 11:20 pm

Good game guys, it certainly was fun to watch. I can understand why some people are a little frustrated; it's painful to lose games which you're 'supposed' to win. Hell, we lost to OKC not long ago. Yes, OKC. So my sympathy in that regard.

In any case, you guys have quite a team. It took a great effort from some unlikely heroes to make this a win. AP was long overdue for a good game, though he did have a few easy dunks to pad those stats. Without JO, Howard bullied us in the paint like no other, but Hedo, Bogans, and Redick played badly enough to offset his performance. I was actually surprised that Redick missed that 3 to tie. Haven't watched a lot of Magic games, but I was under the impression that spot shooting was his one strength :o

Looking forward to our next meeting. Hopefully our record won't be quite as embarrassing when the time comes, but you never know in TO. We may yet be lottery-bound 8-)
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#757 » by EdMar_Davis » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:01 am

magicfan217 wrote:For the record:

Hedo/Cook or Bogans for Bargs/Calderon works.

would you do it? Would they?

:lol: :lol:

If you add Ra$hard we still wouldnt do that trade, mostley because of his contract though. lol
You guys just can't admit we beat you fair and square, and you guys blaming the refs when Howard was pushing anyone that was defending him out of his way and was getting alll the calls.

peace till the next game.
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#758 » by goflyakite » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:22 am

Nothingface wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:

That is just not a good point. It's a different kind of strength that gives you hops as opposed to the strength that gives you pushing power. Otherwise Olympic power lifters would excel at high jump and long jump. Last time I checked they don't.
Sigh...and I considered you one of the intelligent Raphans before you plodded down this baseless, idiotic path. Sorry, but YOUR argument is foolish. You have different body types and athletes considering those two sports. Poor analogy, bud. As a basketball player who spends his time in the post, it is a DEFINITE correlation we have with ballistic strength and power. There's just no other way to put it to you without becoming demeaning. You explode up, you explode back with the hip and knee extensors. End of story. Your little friend who came up with some OPINION by some player equates to the FACT that Dwight ALLEGEDLY does not have lower extremity strength, hard provides argument. I'm still waiting for a link providing some kind of evidence (Dwight full squatting 80lbs for only 8 reps etc.). If you want to get an opinion, ask those (including Bosh) who go flying when Dwight sticks his butt out a little. See if they think that Dwight doesn't have good lower body strength. You have made that argument the first couple seasons he came in, but now? That's just moronic...to put it nicely.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#759 » by MoGrAdY » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:26 am

Interesting how Raptors fans, or trolls, keep talking about how they get a kick out of the excuses and ppl bein pissed about the loss. I will find it equally amusing when the Raptors dont even make the playoffs :) Congrats on finally pickin up a win, come back when your .500.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#760 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:36 am

Hedo for Bargs/Calderon isn't even a good deal for Orlando, haha. We'd instantly become worse.

Alfred wrote:HAHAHAHA!!! This reads like a child's diary after he got his ass smacked by his dad. I can just imagine the blood vessle in your head pulsing, it's awesome :lol:

I'm quite calm actually, but thanks for inquiring, kid. Get back to me when your team is actually close to being a .500 ballclub. :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic