ImageImageImageImage

OT: My President is black

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

OT: My President is black 

Post#1 » by MoGrAdY » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:20 pm

.. in fact hes half white / so even in a racist mind hes still half right!

Its official, truly the greatest moment I have ever lived through. I know we talked about it before but now that the time is here how do you guys feel? As a white dude who thinks hes black Im ecstatic, I got tears in my eyes watchin the inauguration. Jus thinking about how far we have come as people, we have a long ways to go but this is huge. I got the Jeezy track playin, the My President is Black shirt from the Jeezy people and jus havin fun like I do. Tell me how yall feelin today and did yall enjoy the inauguration?
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Re: OT: My President is black 

Post#2 » by jonskilly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I didn't watch it because I'm at work - but to label him as the first black president is a lie. What happens when the first 100% african-american becomes President? Is he going to be the second, even though he's truly the first?

My brother tried arguing saying that even though Obama is half & half, he's still black. I then asked, is Jason Kidd black? He said no, even though he knows he's half & half.

I voted for McCain but I'm just hoping Obama comes through.
Shaheen
Suspended

MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#3 » by MoGrAdY » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:29 pm

GTFO with that lmao.. Thats petty talk, and obviously Kidd is black, he plays in the NBA.
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#4 » by UCFknight84 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 pm

i dont like talking about his skin color in fact it bugs me when ppl do (no offense)

Finally 8 years of bull is over with, bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history in large part because of the iraq war
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#5 » by NEM » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 pm

if you wanna get technical then he is black. black is scientifically the dominant gene (or whatever its called) over white. so if his mom was white and dad was black, he's black, or vice versa.

it's kind of like the nba, black >>>>>> white lol

its like mike bibby, only more obvious in obama's case
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#6 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:if you wanna get technical then he is black. black is scientifically the dominant gene (or whatever its called) over white. so if his mom was white and dad was black, he's black, or vice versa.

it's kind of like the nba, black >>>>>> white lol

its like mike bibby, only more obvious in obama's case

Technically, he's the first US President with a black parent.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#7 » by darthcheech2000 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 pm

More importantly my President gives me hope
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#8 » by LiteHedded » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 pm

i voted for him.
he's got a lot of work to do...
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#9 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm

He needs to fix things which shoudln't be too hard considering how bad the current economy is.
Work Hard
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#10 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:09 pm

-deleted-

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & guess that you were trying to be funny, but it doesn't come across that way. That comment could easily be considered "defamatory" by our TOU. ~SSMM

http://www.realgm.com/src_terms.php
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#11 » by magicman123 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

i didn't think anything about the inauguration, yes its a great moment in history and will always be remembered, but im more interested in seeing what he is going to do for this country as president than his background....im just glad bush is out and we are going to see what obama can do.. :usa:
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#12 » by NEM » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:-deleted- ~SSMM

wow, someones a little bitter 2 1/2 months later... cheer up, bush isnt in office anymore :D
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#13 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:

wow, someones a little bitter 2 1/2 months later... cheer up, bush isnt in office anymore :D

I hated bush, didn't like either canadates that ran two months ago
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#14 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 pm

hey so is mine! you must live in america!
na im sick of the race card, i think it played to much in this election. not necessarily by choice, but it did. I didn't vote for Obama, but it had nothing to do with his color, or his name.
Nonetheless, I wish him the absolute best, and i will be praying for him. It's foolish to wish bad on him, considering he will be running the country that i live in for the next 4 years
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#15 » by Devin 1L » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Are you kidding me?

Pretty much everyone who I have heard utter similar things have had the IQ of a young child. Congratulations.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#16 » by MagicHolland » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 pm

I just hope he makes a positive difference, I don't care about his skin color. He seems humble to me and smiles a lot. I wish him luck and I have a feeling that with his charisma he's going to do some good things for the USA and the rest of the world!
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#17 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:i dont like talking about his skin color in fact it bugs me when ppl do (no offense)

Finally 8 years of bull is over with, bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history in large part because of the iraq war

I agree, the skin color things annoys me as well.

Also glad that Bush is out, despite being a "conservative" I'm sick of that non-sense.

I was very amused by him f'ing up the words in the oath. I don't blame him but it was pretty funny.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#18 » by SOUL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Or a redneck.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#19 » by christian72589 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm

RawLew, I thought Bibby was straight Italian... anyway, as a lot of you know, I didn't vote for Obama, but he is the president of my country and I wish him the best. Magic Holland... i don't wanna get all nitpicky with you but one thing Obama is NOT is humble... even the MSNBC anchors said that "no politician he has ever seen in 40 years has as much self confidence as him". Ijust wanted to leave you all with this... I am really happy that our country has taken a step in the direction of equality, the only reason that I couldn't vote for Obama is that I don't, in many ways share any kind of democratic views, but I am truly happy that what MLK has done for our country has manifested itself the way it has today.... however, don't take one step forward and another two steps backwards, because racism works both ways guys and girls. Let this be more of a, "what a great thing for us all" and less of a "yeah... eff white people!!!!" the latter would only be an arrogant way to think of the world.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#20 » by Devin 1L » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:
UCFknight84 wrote:i dont like talking about his skin color in fact it bugs me when ppl do (no offense)

I agree, the skin color things annoys me as well.

Also glad that Bush is out, despite being a "conservative" I'm sick of that non-sense.

I was very amused by him f'ing up the words in the oath. I don't blame him but it was pretty funny.

Yeah, that actually wasn't really his fault.

Return to Orlando Magic