ImageImageImageImage

OT: My President is black

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: OT: My President is black 

Post#141 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:32 am

maginno wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:like i said most everyone I talk to democrats and republicans, agree that Reagan did a stand out job.

well with the exception of extreme die hard liberal democrats. You just have to go back to Reagan's funeral and the TREMENDOUS outpouring for him to see that most of the nation to this day reveres the man. UCF is wet behind the ears and doesn't realize that the prosperity of the 80s was the engine behind the economy for the last two decades. The idea that Reagan is responsible for sub prime loans even before those loans were made is a rationale only the uneducated or dishonest can make. I choose the latter in this thread because it has been pointed out and ignored in that infamous election thread that McCain was the only one to have sponsored a bill that would have corrected it but was opposed by BOTH democrats and Republicans.

The repsonsibility for present crisis falls equally on BOTH parties. yes Republicans believed in deregulation but it is beyond rationale realitic minds to deny that sub prime loans were championed by Democrats as a way of promoting home ownership for those who couldn't achieve home ownership.

Ya i remember watching his funeral on the television it was rather touching. But ya i agree with everything youve said in this post
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#142 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 am

we are now feeling the effects of reagens economic decisions, reagenomics was excellent for the rich but **** for the middle class, thats a reason why we experienced a boom in the 80's and 90's the rich were spending money. The money never trickled down to the middle class and when the middle class is in debt than the whole economy goes down and the rich just wanna save their money and not spend which is **** up our economy even more

And then on top of that our taxdollars (600 trillion and counting..)have been/are being wastfefully being used for iraq when theres so many other things we could use that money for

deregulation=failure
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#143 » by DontPushMe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 am

^^^ Unfortunately, most of these people are brainwashed by the media and conservative commentators. Maybe one day they will realize that they are taking advice from the exact people who made millions at our expense due to reaganomics.
maginno wrote:
DontPushMe wrote:
I dont know any democrats, including my mom who is socially conservative, who think he did good.

I know many including the wealth of them that stepped forward at his funeral. You can bury your head in the sand if you like. His funeral was not that long ago {2004) and the love the country had for him was without question. mIght not like some of his politics but really ridiculous to say that the president that presided over and hastened the end of the cold war didn't do any good.

I said he sucked domestically. He did fine in foreign policy (unlike our previous president who sucked at both), but royally **** over the middle and lower class.
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#144 » by drsd » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 am

President Barack Hussein Obama II was re-administered the oath of office. This occurred at 7:35 PM January 21st.

So, the President was in charge for 31 hours (one is President even without the oath) without formally accepting, in the Constitutionally mandated way, his duties to the country.

This is the third time in history the President has taken the oath more than once.

goflyakite
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#145 » by goflyakite » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:50 am

UCFknight84 wrote:we are now feeling the effects of reagens economic decisions, reagenomics was excellent for the rich but **** for the middle class, thats a reason why we experienced a boom in the 80's and 90's the rich were spending money. The money never trickled down to the middle class and when the middle class is in debt than the whole economy goes down and the rich just wanna save their money and not spend which is **** up our economy even more

And then on top of that our taxdollars (600 trillion and counting..)have been/are being wastfefully being used for iraq when theres so many other things we could use that money for

deregulation=failure
No...actually we are feeling the effects of FDR.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#146 » by Dunkin On Ya » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Horcy wrote:
Dunkin On Ya wrote: As a President of the United States, he deserves a little more respect than is being shown here. This is ridiculous.

For you was THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. For me Bush was just a president of a country in the world like any other. Bush has killed many people and shown no guilty about it.
He hasn't done one thing to earn my respect buddie. You have to earn the respect. Respect doesn't go with your level in the society. Would you respect a priest who rapes childs? I would not.

My best wishes for Obama and his open and peaceful mind.

So President Bush killed many people? He was the only one involved. He didn't have to get approval from anybody else? Also, I'm pretty sure the United States isn't the only country who had troops in Iraq fighting.

And your priest who rapes a child comment is totally ignorant. Not even on the same level. If a priest did that, he acted totally on his own.

President Bush had the approval of democrats and republicans alike to go to war. Just as if we end up going to war in the Obama administration, he will not act solely, he will have the backing of others.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#147 » by paperboymafia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:58 pm

i don't care what color he is as long as he gives the United States some dignity back, and gives the world a breather from being absolutely terrified of what the country will do next.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#148 » by Horcy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:So President Bush killed many people? He was the only one involved. He didn't have to get approval from anybody else? Also, I'm pretty sure the United States isn't the only country who had troops in Iraq fighting.

And your priest who rapes a child comment is totally ignorant. Not even on the same level. If a priest did that, he acted totally on his own.

President Bush had the approval of democrats and republicans alike to go to war. Just as if we end up going to war in the Obama administration, he will not act solely, he will have the backing of others.

No, not just Bush. But I'm talking about him now. Do you wanna talk about the history of the war? Too long... When you are the leader of the most influential country in the world, you have many responsibilities. Sometimes when you answer yes or no, there are thousand of lives depending on that desicion.

I don't judge you as an ignorant, so don't judge me as one. A catholic priest for example, represents the church and the pope. I used that only as an example. Don't be like a kid and try to understand the idea. I was talking about respect. Does this person deserve respect? I don't think so.

I'm telling you the point of view of many people who lives out of USA. Sure there are many inside things we don't know, but sometimes the ones who are not involved could see some different things.

Return to Orlando Magic