ImageImageImageImage

Any chance of Bosh on the Magic?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Re: Any chance of Bosh on the Magic? 

Post#21 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:01 am

Magic trade: Lewis, Hedo and 2010 first rounder
Raptors trade: Bosh, Kapono, Moon and Ukic

Deal accepted.

This is based on whether the Magic believe they can resign Hedo or not. If they think he is going to walk, might as well trade him now, especially if they can get Bosh in the process.

Magic lineup after this trade.

PG Nelson, Johnson, Ukic
SG Lee, Pietrus, Redick
SF Moon, Kapono, Bogans
PF Bosh, Battie, Cook
C Howard, Gortat, Foyle

Looks like a pretty damn deep team to me. This would probably make the Magic the favorites to win the title. Of course chemistry is everything, but this would be a good move IMO especially with Hedo being a question mark as far as getting resigned and all.

This would also allow the Magic to use the MLE this summer, while also resigning Gortat. Hopefully the Magic would right a wrong and sign Ariza (UFA) to the MLE. He would start at SF for us. Use the 1st rounder on a big man.

2009-2010 Magic:

PG Nelson, Johnson, Ukic
SG Lee, Pietrus, Redick
SF Ariza, Kapono
PF Bosh, Battie, Cook
C Howard, Gortat, Rookie
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#22 » by damo[23] » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:49 am

Give up a load to get him and he walks because we cant afford him.

I'd definatly not give up Lee, just because of that senario. I'd rather have Bosh over Lee obviously, before any muppets go in saying "people on the Magic board thing C.Lee is a better player than Bosh", but I dont like the idea of giving up one of our best SG starters in a looooong time for a guy I just cant see how we'd be able to keep here, without reducing the team to bare bones.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:06 pm

damo[23] wrote:Give up a load to get him and he walks because we cant afford him.

I'd definatly not give up Lee, just because of that senario. I'd rather have Bosh over Lee obviously, before any muppets go in saying "people on the Magic board thing C.Lee is a better player than Bosh", but I dont like the idea of giving up one of our best SG starters in a looooong time for a guy I just cant see how we'd be able to keep here, without reducing the team to bare bones.

I think the Magic brass would make an exception to get a guy like Bosh under contract. No team is going to accept a trade for Bosh until he signs an extension before he comes over any way.

I also doubt the Magic include Lee in a package for him, if they go after him at all. Of course I have seen one trade that is actually better than the other trade I listed, which was by some one else as well.

Magic trade: Hedo, Redick, Cook, rights to Fran, 2010 1st rounder an 2012 1st rounder
Raptors trade: Bosh

That works and IMO the Raptors take it. They get a borderline allstar in Hedo, some decent young players, some 1st rounders and cap space for 2010.

Magic after the trade.

PG Nelson, Johnson
SG Lee, Pietrus
SF Lewis, Bogans, Richardson
PF Bosh, Battie
C Howard, Gortat, Foyle

Yes I'd say the Magic would become the favorites to win it all as long as this team stays healthy.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#24 » by MagicHolland » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:54 pm

If it's true that he wants out and the league knows that, it's going to be easier to get him. And yes imo there are some trades that would work for both teams. If Bosh really is going to bolt then Toronto would want to get something for him. But other teams will be more hesitant to give up much, especially with teams having significant cap space for the upcoming years. They'will try to sign him outright..

I think these proposals come close to being realisitic:

Bosh/Kapono for Pietrus/Turkoglu/Battie/Vazquez/picks

Or,

Bosh/Ukic for Lee/Battie/Turkoglu/Vazquez/Picks

There are more smaller adjustments you can make. Redick might be in the discussion but Toronot probably would hold out for Lee.

And even though I love the wat Lee is playing right now, if he's a dealbreaker I'd go fot it. Sometimes you gotta take a gamble especially when you need a little something to get over the hump. Question is do we need that extra something? You won't know till at least next year and then it might be to late to have an opportunity like this again..

Tough decisions!
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#25 » by MagicHolland » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:55 pm

Oh and I think somebody in the game thread last night said something about him hearing Bosh say I have to get out of Toronto or something? Is that right?
Big Aaron
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Big Aaron » Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd willingly kill people to get Bosh on this team with Dwight, Meer and Shard.

And I'd pull the trigger on any deal if it involved Peaches. I have total faith in Courtney.

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:If Brandon Roy & Richard Hamilton had a baby...and Penny & Spiderman had a baby...and then some how those two babies met in the future and F***ed, that would be Courtney Lee.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#27 » by drsd » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:09 pm

There is no gosh darn way in heck that Rashard Lewis will be traded.
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by maginno » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:07 pm

He has another year which means we may add him to Wade , Lebron and a number of others for 2010 free agency . We better have our championship team now. We won't be making any shot at anything big.

Rashard Lewis signing bites and will bite over and over again.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Post#29 » by Jiwol » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:20 pm

How about leaving the team as it is now? Let's see what are they capable of in the play-offs against Cavs/Celtics and then make decisions. I'm all for standing pat.
tlloyd34
Senior
And1: 6

Post#30 » by tlloyd34 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:35 pm

Too bad Otis signed Shard for that ridiculous amount, as great as he's been for us. That contract (as well as lack of prospects) is a huge factor in making this Magic fan's wet dream a reality.

Even if we had signed Rashard to substantially less, we would be in the same position. We signed him when Dwight and Jameer were in their rookie contracts so we could afford him. This year, Dwight and Meer's extensions kicked in, putting us over the cap. Maybe if we signed Rashard to the MLE it would have made a difference, but that would NEVER have happened. If we had signed him to like an $85 million contract, we would all have been excited, but that still would have put us over the cap, and we wouldn't be able to sign a major free agent anyways...
Twitter: @tomthecounselor
Instagram: tomthecounselor
facebook.com/tomthecounselor
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#31 » by Orange Ave. » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:09 pm

tlloyd34 wrote:
Too bad Otis signed Shard for that ridiculous amount, as great as he's been for us. That contract (as well as lack of prospects) is a huge factor in making this Magic fan's wet dream a reality.

Even if we had signed Rashard to substantially less, we would be in the same position. We signed him when Dwight and Jameer were in their rookie contracts so we could afford him. This year, Dwight and Meer's extensions kicked in, putting us over the cap. Maybe if we signed Rashard to the MLE it would have made a difference, but that would NEVER have happened. If we had signed him to like an $85 million contract, we would all have been excited, but that still would have put us over the cap, and we wouldn't be able to sign a major free agent anyways...

True, very good point. I think the issue is though that at 85 million, over the same number of years, he would be more movable.
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#32 » by MagicMadness » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:11 pm

I'd trade anyone outside the Nelson/Lewis/Howard core.

So...Toronto probably passes. And, Bosh would likely walk anyways cuz we gots no moneys

Howard/Bosh would be the most awesome thing to happen since...no, it'd be the most awesome thing ever.
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#33 » by cmor42180 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:17 pm

we could get him (according to trade checker, lol) for bogans/ turk/ redick, we lose a little depth but it works and isnt that bad for either team, redick is young and cheap with potential, bogans expires, and turk is expiring but can do it all so he can help them if he re-signs, plus we clear some cap space and can possibly re-sign him, if dwight and him are close then dwight could keep him here along with jameer

imagine...

dwight/gortat
bosh/battie
shard/pietrus
pietrus/lee
jameer/johnson

i feel like im looking at a yankees roster, lol
Kytu
Junior
And1: 36

Post#34 » by Kytu » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:26 pm

Hedo, Battie, JJ for Bosh allday
The Strong Survive
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#35 » by MagicMadness » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:34 pm

damo[23] wrote:Give up a load to get him and he walks because we cant afford him.

Yeah, that's the problem. I wouldn't want to trade for him only because of the team's current financial situation. Other than that, if he were to hypothetically re-sign with us, then I'd honestly be fine with pretty much any deal the Magic made, outside of trading Howard (obviously).

A Howard/Bosh tandem would just be too crazy to pass up.
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#36 » by Force9024 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:38 pm

Obviously if Toronto came in and would accept a Hedo, Battie, Redick, Rights To Vasquez, and a Future 1st Rounder, we'd be dumb not to accept it. Except the chances of that happening are slim to none.. We'd likely have to give up Lee or Peaches in a deal like that.. However if the Magic management are willing to go over the luxury tax, than we should make all pushes possible. I just don't see Bosh being traded until the off-season possibly before the draft, if ever.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#37 » by zuppafly » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:47 pm

Orange Ave. wrote:Crazy talk all around.

First, we're not getting him.

Second, how do you NOT give away Hedo/Battie and Lee AND three 1st rounders in a hypothetical that would land Chris Bosh WITHOUT giving away Howard or Lewis or Jameer or MP. You get Chris Bosh AND keep your All-Stars and you'd rather have Lee? Why, to maybe win a chip in a few years with Lee as opposed to winnning the next 3 chips pretty much guaranteed?

Magic first rounders ain't gonna be high picks for a looong time.

First and foremost, we're not getting him, so it doesn't matter. If we had the capspace, maybe he'd be interested, but we don't.

Given that Pau Gasol was worth Crittenton, Kwame's 8 million expiring and a first round pick...
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:56 pm

^^

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post. Giving up Hedo, Redick or Bogans and Cook, plus a couple of 1st rounders IMO would net Bosh. That would give the Raptors future cap space and a guy in Hedo who can do everything for you. If he stays for around 10 million a year, good for you. If not, that is more cap space.

Either way the Raptors are going to lose in the trade no matter who they trade with. That is what happens in these situations.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#39 » by G-Heel » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:05 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:the following trade works:

bosh
voskuhl

for

bogans
turk
battie

idk why they would do it, but it works and it clears our logjam at the 2...

Exactly, because they won't. Raptors would totally have to be on crack to do it.
Fire Otis!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#40 » by magicman123 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:52 pm

i just dont see it

Return to Orlando Magic