ImageImageImageImage

Magic trade Bogans for Lue

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Re: Magic trade Bogans for Lue 

Post#281 » by Shishnizzle » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:26 pm

We wouldn't even have had this problem had the dumb ass kept Dooling. We went into this season with AJ as our backup point guard and a D league player as the third pg. Yeh give these **** a new arena at tax payer expense and watch a team destined for perpetual mediocrity because they won't get the players. Hedo getting his new deal and Lewis mistake of a contract coupled with our owners tight ass attitudes are killing our chances to ever play for anything meaningful. Why did we trade Ariza and take on Cooks contract. We should have let Ariza expire. Otis is screwing this team up.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#282 » by MitchellUK » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:54 pm

BigCityCat wrote:Otis is a dumb ass. Tinsley is a good player. I was never an anti Otis guy before, but I am now. He is a terrible GM.

He's also injury prone, paid $6m a year and can't stay out of trouble off the court. Can you really blame the Magic for not wanting him?
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#283 » by MoGrAdY » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:47 pm

It would be interesting to see what that standing off for Tinsley looked like.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#284 » by zuppafly » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:19 pm

BigCityCat wrote:Otis is a dumb ass. Tinsley is a good player. I was never an anti Otis guy before, but I am now. He is a terrible GM.

Yes, he's a terrible GM who turned this franchise into a 37-11 record franchise. Yes, he's terrible because Rashard isn't the perfect fit for this team, because giving that extension last summer to our new all-star was a horrible decision, because obviously Lee is a bust, because obviously MP isn't helping a lot on our main weakness of last season.

Do you want to assemble a dinasty in two seasons? Look at where we were when Otis took charge and look at where we are now. Then tell me how is Otis, a GM who is making this franchise head to mediocrity, a terrible one? Is 37-11 mediocrity? Is having an all-star PG getting an accidental injury and not having another all-star to back him up sign of mediocrity? Jeebus... I've said it before: some of the guys on this board need a reality check. Maybe they should start by not playing anymore NBA live so they won't think that making trades for all-star caliber players is that easy.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#285 » by zuppafly » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:21 pm

Oh, yeah, and I've bashed Otis quite hard in the past. I'm still not proclaiming him as TH3 B3ST GM EVA, but it's just a matter of watching where we were two years ago and where we are now. I'm very glad to admit that I was wrong about Otis in many things and he was right. I have no problem with that. Calling him " a terrible GM" is simply absurd IMO.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#286 » by craig01 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 12:05 pm

I think you've got this backwards.

Tinsley is a dumb ass, Smith is a decent GM.

That's why Tinsley is NOT here.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#287 » by damo[23] » Sun Feb 8, 2009 12:37 pm

Who on earth wants Tinsley?

I dont want him anywhere near this franchise. Plus when Jameer is back we've got an over paid bench warmer PG who probably wont shut up.

Otis has always said he wont take bad character players - he sticks to his guns rightly on it.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#288 » by mhectorgato » Sun Feb 8, 2009 3:21 pm

damo[23] wrote:Who on earth wants Tinsley?

BigCityCat :dontknow:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#289 » by Happyfoosball » Sun Feb 8, 2009 4:07 pm

A team doesn't just sign a D Leauge player to a team trying to contend. They are filling in a gap the best they can. Lue is servicable. He's not Nelson, but he can hit a 3 and bring the ball up and pass it to the other play makers. He won't be as big a defensive liability as Johnson. It's not ideal, but I can't disagree with the move, especially since Bogans was never gonna play again anyway.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
jamlando
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#290 » by jamlando » Sun Feb 8, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the trade but I think it was probably the best we could get without giving up a lot & altering chemistry. I just feel bad for Kebo. Just looking at the Milwaukee board when the trade was first revealed and many of them actually hoped to get more coming back for Lue or package him with RJ for a better deal. Not sure why.

I've been giving this some thought, like I said earlier, I'm not a big fan of the trade, however, we do have to remember that Lue was a significant contributor on a Lakers' championship team. Unlike before, he's not coming here as a starter, also we have a great coach now in Stan who knows how to play to a player's strength. Often times in the past, we were asking players to do things that were out of their capability. Stan doesn't do that. Also, reading the Bucks board, they had no complaints about Lue. He was one of their most consistent players, making 3s, dishing the ball, defending his man & has a turnover ratio of 2:1.

Also as I said before, I feel bad for Kebo. I think for him even sitting on the bench of a winning team is better than being banished to a bad team. The fans are on the board talking about how he must be hating life and they even feel bad for him.

Return to Orlando Magic