ImageImageImageImage

Listen Otis Orl - NY Trade

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Re: Listen Otis Orl - NY Trade 

Post#21 » by NEM » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:45 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:
RawLewD12 wrote:this thread is a joke. right? i mean you cant be serious. rashard isnt important? who leads, not his team, but the LEAGUE in threes?? oh yeah rashard. what has marbury done this year? more importantly what has marbury EVER done? rashard has been out of the first round twice. steph, 0.

i think ill pass

what kind of a tantrum would you throw if I said this to one of your threads? :roll: :roll: :roll:

anyway, yeah this trade is asini.., crap cannot say that...retarde... cant say that either.

this trade is poo!!!

you're comparing my posts to this garbage? you're kidding right? if i posted something as dumb and asinine as this, i'd be the first one to rant about it. i'd be mad if you didn't say something about it
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
ORLd12
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by ORLd12 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Kytu > Otis

Maybe if Otis had ever played the game before...
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#23 » by N4U|Redux » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:05 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:you're comparing my posts to this garbage? you're kidding right? if i posted something as dumb and asinine as this, i'd be the first one to rant about it. i'd be mad if you didn't say something about it

I'm not comparing your posts to this. Your posts aren't "bad" sometimes just ill advised or redundant.

However, it's kind of hypocritical to rip on this guy the way you did when you get so bent out of shape about it. I'm sure he didn't deem his thread as asinine and stupid...right?
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#24 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Kytu wrote:But I have actually played the game before, and I doubt many of you have ever did more than read the sports page....Rashard deal is terrible and will cost us over the long haul with that much money going to a spot up shooter, he doesn't do much else. As I see it we are only coming up with a way to sign Bosh and Hedo and if that cost me Rashard then so be it. Bosh will fit our team needs much better now and later. I don't give a sh*t about Marbury, only dumping his salary and watching us still compete a lil this year. Do you experts think we will go any where with A.J. and Lue at the point.....lol
Our only hope is Lee developing more at point this year without Nelson we're in deep trouble.
And so what he leads the league in 3's: Notice how many teams with the top 3 point shooters are doing....lol
Rashard Lewis
Danny Granger , IND
Ray Allen , BOS
Mike Bibby , ATL
Ben Gordon , CHI
Peja Stojakovic , NOH
Daequan Cook , MIA
Roger Mason , SAS
Jason Terry , DAL
Al Harrington , NYK-GSW

Actually I would venture to say 99% of the ppl on this board have played the game. Its kinda common. As for the 3 pt shooting your point blows. ATL / SA / MIA / DAL / BOS / ORL / NOH are all doing well. Thats 6 of 10 teams in the playoffs today thanks in part to there 3 pt shooters.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#25 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:33 pm

DHoward4Mvp wrote:Add David Lee and i would do that in a HEARTBEAT.......

Folks be serious here, Rashards contract is HORRIBLE. IF there was anyway to dump it, you gotta do it.
Marbury comes off the books after this year, no idea with Chandler, and Lee would need to be resigned i think after this year?
But again, yes i agree that the trade he offered is garbage, but puting Lee in the mix, i would be all over it.

I agree if there's a lateral move that will free up salary space, sure you move Rashard.

But you don't dump his bloated contract for a bag of crap (for the fans of woot that may be actually a good thing).
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#26 » by DHoward4Mvp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm

mhectorgato wrote:

Folks be serious here, Rashards contract is HORRIBLE. IF there was anyway to dump it, you gotta do it.
Marbury comes off the books after this year, no idea with Chandler, and Lee would need to be resigned i think after this year?
But again, yes i agree that the trade he offered is garbage, but puting Lee in the mix, i would be all over it.

I agree if there's a lateral move that will free up salary space, sure you move Rashard.

But you don't dump his bloated contract for a bag of crap (for the fans of woot that may be actually a good thing).

Sorry but Lee and Chandler arent a bag of crap. Chandler is going to be a pretty good player in this league. But my point stands, anyway to unload Rashards contract i would be all for it.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#27 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 pm

DHoward4Mvp wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

Sorry but Lee and Chandler arent a bag of crap. Chandler is going to be a pretty good player in this league. But my point stands, anyway to unload Rashards contract i would be all for it.

A) How many under achieving players have people said that "he's going to be a good player".
B) It was "Starbury, Wilson Chandler for Rashard and Cook...."
C) You're entitled to your wrong opinion ;-)
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#28 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

LID ! Lock !
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#29 » by deanwoof » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 pm

this trade idea isn't the worst thing anyone has ever read.

i do like the idea of getting rid of some cash, but i think that LaFrentz's contract and bayless or rodriguez from portland would be a better use of Rashard's "value" to the rest of the league.

I've never been a fan of Marbury, nor am I fond of Wilson Chandler. He's one of those 'tweeners that I think is overvalued due to the fact he's a system-type of player.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#30 » by Horcy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:20 pm

hahahaha i never get tired of this stupid threads.
KnightChris
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#31 » by KnightChris » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 am

Kytu wrote:Starbury, Wilson Chandler for Rashard and Cook......
Wilson is a good young big that Stan and Ewing can develop.

Chandler is a big? That must be why he started at shooting guard last night. I know they say he's a power forward... but he's not. Watch some more Knick games.
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Dome » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Mannchild wrote:
Kytu wrote:Starbury, Wilson Chandler for Rashard and Cook......
Every one knows why for NY, but why for Us? Orlando get's a chance to come out the east with Starbury. And if not who cares we get Nelson back next year. Starybury comes off the books. Wilson is a good young big that Stan and Ewing can develop. And let's be real Rashard is good, but for the price? 2010 we will be ready to sign D12 Atl. buddy Bosh and this will help us resign Turk who is a hell of alot more important to this team than Rashard

Your logic works but only if we swap Dwight for Eddie Curry.

Right, and then swap SVG for D'Antoni, Jameer and Peaches or Lee for Quentin Richardson, the Knicks sign Hedo as a FA and we all become Knicks fans instead. :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic