ImageImageImageImage

Otis HAS to make a trade for a PG

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Re: Otis HAS to make a trade for a PG 

Post#81 » by magicmamma » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:29 pm

LOL at all this hysteria. Fortunately Otis isn't going to make any trades. This team has plenty of talent without Jameer. It's up to the coaching staff to make it work. That won't happen instantly, but, assuming Stan is the great coach everyone thinks he is, it will happen and it will make this a better team. Dependence on Jameer is a flaw in the way this team functions. It's up to Stan to fix it.
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#82 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:43 pm

train courtney lee to be a PG, whenever theres an athletic PG on the opposing team courtney gets the start over anthony johnson
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#83 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:08 pm

I'd rather get knocked out of the first round by some crappy team than make a trade for a PG with a crappy salary.

That's all I know.
Forest
Banned User

Post#84 » by Forest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 pm

SVG has to reduce the amount of pick n rolls, 3 points shots, and the amount of ball handling on the perimeter. The offense is still too perimeter oriented for my liking. Force post up opporunities for Howard and Rashard and not just when they are convenient. This reduces the need for a point guard and play makers.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#85 » by Last Guardian » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:31 pm

magicmamma wrote:LOL at all this hysteria. Fortunately Otis isn't going to make any trades. This team has plenty of talent without Jameer. It's up to the coaching staff to make it work. That won't happen instantly, but, assuming Stan is the great coach everyone thinks he is, it will happen and it will make this a better team. Dependence on Jameer is a flaw in the way this team functions. It's up to Stan to fix it.

Forest wrote:I still don't believe Nelson has this big of an affect on this team or that we need to find a band aid. We are just disorganized and adjusting to his absence. Rashard and Hedo will come around and eveything will be fine.

Dream world. Nelson has a huge impact on this team. Best ballhandler, best creator, best getting passed his guy, most consistent shooter, best free throw shooter, etc.

Now all of Nelsons role is being done by Hedo. And the difference is pretty big. Instead of having a 50% shooter taking shots we have a 40% shooter. Instead of having a guy who took care of the ball, we have a guy who gets stripped 50 times a game. Instead of having a guy that can finish layups, we have a guy who throws it towards the basket to see if dwight will get the rebound.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#86 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Some of you are just overracting to one Game :roll: , that was the best PG in the league is supposed to do to your team when you have two third stringers guarding him....

Otis is not going to make a move either.....
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#87 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 pm

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:Some of you are just overracting to one Game :roll: , that was the best PG in the league is supposed to do to your team when you have two third stringers guarding him....

Some are overreacting .. some of use have just soured on Hedo decision making, which is magnified when Jameer is out.

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:Otis is not going to make a move either.....

I think this is going to be the case as well
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#88 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm

I see every one is on the fix it now mode and thats not what GMs do. They look and the long term goals. Otis truly believes that Hedo will resign with us therefore Hedo will not be traded you can rest assured. The only deal I would make at this time would be for MP and any one of our bench not named Lee and picks. If thats what it would take to bring a quality pg then I would do it otherwise I would rather wait till the summer.
Forest
Banned User

Post#89 » by Forest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Dream world. Nelson has a huge impact on this team. Best ballhandler, best creator, best getting passed his guy, most consistent shooter, best free throw shooter, etc.

Now all of Nelsons role is being done by Hedo. And the difference is pretty big. Instead of having a 50% shooter taking shots we have a 40% shooter. Instead of having a guy who took care of the ball, we have a guy who gets stripped 50 times a game. Instead of having a guy that can finish layups, we have a guy who throws it towards the basket to see if dwight will get the rebound.

I agree with everything you are saying. Nelson does have a HUGE impact if we continue to run the offense as we are.

However you have to take away the perimeter play making and ball handling because we don't have it anymore. Hedo isn't capable for long stretches. You can't do something that the personnel on your team can no longer do. SVG should go into the post with Howard and Rashard. Perhaps, use the inside-outside offense we are supposed to be running And SVG is always mentioning. That is just my opinion.

But we have just played a few games without Nelson. And Rashard and Hedo playing like crap doesn't make things any better. I am willing to wait and let this team adjust. We are not going to be the same team as we were with Nelson but there isn't a point guard available that will.
ORLd12
Senior

Post#90 » by ORLd12 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Hedo's very very unlikely to get traded according to Stan's post game last night.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#91 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Early stages of board melt down. It's going to get a lot worse.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#92 » by MagicMadness » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Nelson will be back next season. We just need a cheap, half-season rental, IMO. There's no one out there available like that who can make us as good as we were with Nelson, but we CAN at least upgrade from Johnson and Lue.

And that's why I keep thinking we should give Francis a 10-day contract. He wouldn't be expensive, and he would at least make things interesting for a couple of games. If he works, we sign him to another 10-day contract. If he doesn't, let him walk and we'll be on our merry way. Just seems better than us sitting on our hands doing nothing as two third-string PGs lead our team to Failsville.

And that's not me overreacting to a loss. Take Francis' name out, and insert Cassell's. Or Marbury, if he became available (not sure what his situation is right now). Or maybe some stud from the D-League. There are a couple of names out there that could in all likelihood be had for cheap, and could use our current situation to their advantage as a stepping stone to better things elsewhere next season. This is a perfect opportunity.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:22 pm

I agree with the D league assessment. We should give a guy a chance. We aren't going anywhere this season. We might as well see if we can hit on a guy and develop a back up point for next year.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#94 » by Last Guardian » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Forest wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

I agree with everything you are saying. Nelson does have a HUGE impact if we continue to run the offense as we are.

However you have to take away the perimeter play making and ball handling because we don't have it anymore. Hedo isn't capable for long stretches. You can't do something that the personnel on your team can no longer do. SVG should go into the post with Howard and Rashard. Perhaps, use the inside-outside offense we are supposed to be running And SVG is always mentioning. That is just my opinion.

But we have just played a few games without Nelson. And Rashard and Hedo playing like crap doesn't make things any better. I am willing to wait and let this team adjust. We are not going to be the same team as we were with Nelson but there isn't a point guard available that will.

Yea, I agree 100%. Take away half of what Hedo does and give the rest to Rashard/Dwight in the post. That is the way to proceed with the season. But game after game we continue to see Turk trying to do things that end in epic fail.

Whats unexplainable is the defense. The defense should not have taken this big a hit because of Nelson.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#95 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:28 pm

BigCityCat wrote:We aren't going anywhere this season. We might as well see if we can hit on a guy

I understand the desperation, but this is not the time to be hitting on guys.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#96 » by MagicMadness » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Good point, BigCityCat. If we land a D-League player who ends up much better than Johnson (not too difficult), we've possibly got our back-up for next season.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#97 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
BigCityCat wrote:We aren't going anywhere this season. We might as well see if we can hit on a guy

:rofl2:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#98 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:

Magicmamma quotes like these are the ones that need the "No Homo" phrase :wink:
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 pm

No Homo, No offense lol
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#100 » by Cammo101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 pm