ImageImageImageImage

OT: Terrell Owens

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: OT: Terrell Owens 

Post#21 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 5:57 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Dunkin On Ya wrote:I was hoping that TO would work out in Big D. He put up some good numbers and I do think he has a valid point about Romo and Witten. Now all we have on the outside is Roy Williams. What is Jerry going to do?

Meh ... He was starting to be an over the top prima dona. Part of it was the coverage was really focused on him. Another part is that Witten is becoming another great tight-end - Jay Novacek and Chad Hennings of recent ilk - for the 'Boys.

TO was like Neon Deon to me, not a "real" Cowboy. I'm sure that Jones will dip into his pockets to get someone.

It pained me to see him sign with us after his celebration on the star when he was with the 9ers.

how was Deion not a "real" Cowboy ? :dontknow:
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#22 » by mhectorgato » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:03 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:how was Deion not a "real" Cowboy ? :dontknow:

imo, he was a hired gun. Just like TO, he was about himself and marketing himself.

I appreciated his (and TO's) contributions on the field.

I just never thought of him as a "Cowboy".
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#23 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:21 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:how was Deion not a "real" Cowboy ? :dontknow:

imo, he was a hired gun. Just like TO, he was about himself and marketing himself.

I appreciated his (and TO's) contributions on the field.

I just never thought of him as a "Cowboy".

Ok
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by DHoward4Mvp » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:51 pm

I say the Ravens, Vikings, or the Bengals maybe??? Ahh, they just signed Coles, maybe not.
Maybe the Panthers???? Who the hell knows, but whoever gets him is getting a hell of a WR on the field, but a nutcase off of it. Good luck.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#25 » by Dunkin On Ya » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:52 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Dunkin On Ya wrote:I was hoping that TO would work out in Big D. He put up some good numbers and I do think he has a valid point about Romo and Witten. Now all we have on the outside is Roy Williams. What is Jerry going to do?

Meh ... He was starting to be an over the top prima dona. Part of it was the coverage was really focused on him. Another part is that Witten is becoming another great tight-end - Jay Novacek and Chad Hennings of recent ilk - for the 'Boys.

TO was like Neon Deon to me, not a "real" Cowboy. I'm sure that Jones will dip into his pockets to get someone.

It pained me to see him sign with us after his celebration on the star when he was with the 9ers.

No doubt TO was a prima dona. I won't argue with the fact that defenses focused on him and that Jason Witten already IS a great tight end. I do think that Romo tries to force the ball in to Witten when there are obviously better choices. Not Witten's fault, but Romo's.

I think TO could have been great for the Boys. It really went South near the middle of last year. As for him disgracing the Cowboy star...George Teague paid him back for that.

I am interested to see what Jerry can pull off. I like Roy Williams (the WR), but I don't like him as our #1. The defense was upgraded with the addition of Keith Brooking, but we still need some more help. A run stuffing DT would be great. Looking forward to football season already!!!
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#26 » by mhectorgato » Thu Mar 5, 2009 7:47 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:No doubt TO was a prima dona. I won't argue with the fact that defenses focused on him and that Jason Witten already IS a great tight end. I do think that Romo tries to force the ball in to Witten when there are obviously better choices. Not Witten's fault, but Romo's.

I think there was/is a comfort factor with Wittne - Romo knew that a large majority of the balls thrown his way would be caught. Seemed TO had developed a case of the dropsies as the season progressed.

Dunkin On Ya wrote:I think TO could have been great for the Boys. It really went South near the middle of last year. As for him disgracing the Cowboy star...George Teague paid him back for that.

For me TO connection to Dallas is the celebrating on the star. Plus the whole "that's .. sniffle ... my quarterback .. sniffle ".

Dunkin On Ya wrote:I am interested to see what Jerry can pull off. I like Roy Williams (the WR), but I don't like him as our #1. The defense was upgraded with the addition of Keith Brooking, but we still need some more help. A run stuffing DT would be great. Looking forward to football season already!!!

Both Cuban and Jones are not afraid to spend the coinage. Plus with the new stadium he'll have even more revenue to draw from.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#27 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 7:59 pm

I just saw the Giants have said they have ZERO interest in signing T.O.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#28 » by glennathan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:39 pm

DHoward4Mvp wrote:I say the Ravens, Vikings, or the Bengals maybe??? Ahh, they just signed Coles, maybe not.
Maybe the Panthers???? Who the hell knows, but whoever gets him is getting a hell of a WR on the field, but a nutcase off of it. Good luck.

I would like to see the Ravens take a look at T.O. because they need the explosive WR on that team. an aging Mason and a wish/wash Clayton are not going to get it done for them. The only big problem I see from this is the fact that if Ravens did pick up T.O. then T.O. has to understand that the team belongs to Lewis and Reed not T.O.

If he can get past of the "this is my team" then he would be an excellent pick up. Besides it would give Flacco an excellent target to throw to.

This is justy my opinion as a Ravens fan.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#29 » by glennathan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 10:13 pm

This was just posted on Yahoo. It is a list of teams that have publicly stated they want nothing to do with T.O.

Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,146116
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#30 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 11:05 pm

glennathan wrote:This was just posted on Yahoo. It is a list of teams that have publicly stated they want nothing to do with T.O.

Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,146116

Damn the Bucs are not on that list. Stay away from T. O. Mark Dominak
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#31 » by SD2042 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 11:31 pm

I do not want TO to be on the Titans. They just ditched Pacman Jones last offseason. So why would they put up with another talented, but nutcase fool like TO?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#32 » by SD2042 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 11:32 pm

glennathan wrote:These 10 teams are in desperate need for an outstanding WR and I think could make a drastic difference in the teams play:

1. Chiefs
2. Vikings
3. Bears
4. Ravens
5. Giants
6. Lions
7. Raiders
8. Broncos
9. Jaguars
10. Rams

The only team on that list that I see would be an almost definite no is the Ravens. Ravens need the explosive WR but I think Terrell would have a difficult time understanding that the Ravens are Ray Lewis' team

Add the Jets to the list since they lost L. Coles to the Bengals on Wednesday.
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Post#33 » by jonskilly » Fri Mar 6, 2009 12:01 am

thepritz wrote:
glennathan wrote:These 10 teams are in desperate need for an outstanding WR and I think could make a drastic difference in the teams play:

1. Chiefs
2. Vikings
3. Bears
4. Ravens
5. Giants
6. Lions
7. Raiders
8. Broncos
9. Jaguars
10. Rams

The only team on that list that I see would be an almost definite no is the Ravens. Ravens need the explosive WR but I think Terrell would have a difficult time understanding that the Ravens are Ray Lewis' team

Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal?

THE TITANS HAVE NOBODY..... I bet he winds up in Oakland or Miami

Dwayne Bowe?
Calvin Johnson?
Shaheen
Suspended

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#34 » by craig01 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 12:27 am