ImageImageImageImage

SG for next season

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Pitbullz EP
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: SG for next season 

Post#21 » by Pitbullz EP » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:15 pm

Although I like Parker I highly doubt they go after yet another backcourt player. It's almost a given that they have to go after some post players to round out the rotation in the frontcourt. I like Gortats heart and energy but Battie is getting old and Gortat is inconsistant. I think Orlando really needs to build on the bench a little bit, sheed wouldn't be a bad pick up if
1) we can get him with LLE or MLE what ever we have.
2) he doesn;t complain about coming off the bench which he most certainly would be doing if we keep Hedo.

Regardless Orlando has to get bigger and tougher under the basket. I wouldn't touch our SG rotation with lee as the starter, MP, and JJ. They can even run AJ at the 2 with RA at the point sometimes. I think Lee and MP can man the 3 if need be as well so we're solid in the back court. PF/C is a glaring need next year IMO.
Diehardmagicfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Diehardmagicfan » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:50 pm

I do understand that Parker would be a good fit, but that would be making too many shooting guards on our roster again and I rather go spend it on a banger like Rasheed.
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#23 » by J_Magic » Sat Mar 7, 2009 4:45 am

I think we need a dominant scorer from the SG position that excites the fans. Perhaps someone that is a tall shooting guard too.

I think our best bet to strengthen that position in the team is through the draft. Hope we go for a player with potential and outstanding athelte too.
Coutney Lee is a very solid player...but I think he's a bit more David Wesley type than a proper shooting guard.
x-
Analyst
And1: 133

Post#24 » by x- » Sat Mar 7, 2009 6:28 am

J_Magic wrote:I think we need a lockdown defender from the SG position

fixed ...

J_Magic wrote:I think our best bet to strengthen that position in the team is through the draft. Hope we go for a player with potential and outstanding athelte too.

yeah, ... with 57th pick.

The Lee / Pietrus combo is just fine. Both are (already) good defenders and their offensive game isn't bad either. Lee's (lack of) height will give Orlando a lil' trouble against big 2 guards and Pietrus' dumb fouls / overaggressive defense sometimes will frustrate you, but I think both will get better with time.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#25 » by drsd » Sat Mar 7, 2009 7:23 am

x- wrote:The Lee / Pietrus combo is just fine.

If the this combo can continue to back each other up, last game Pietrus came off of the bench to pick up some Lee slack, then StM has found his SG rotation.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#26 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 11:43 pm

um... SG for next season is Courtney Lee

Courtney Lee > Anthony Parker
MP > Anthony Parker
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#27 » by Bucs80 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 11:45 pm

What the hell

Courtney Lee's starting for us next year at SG.

Come on man your funny.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#28 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Mar 7, 2009 11:50 pm

Bucs80 wrote:What the hell

Courtney Lee's starting for us next year at SG.

Come on man your funny.

hope that's sarcasm

Return to Orlando Magic