ImageImageImageImage

crab dribble aka travel

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

crab dribble aka travel 

Post#1 » by NEM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

so the nba or as i now call it the LLBS (lebrons league of bullshyt) is making the crab dribble a rule because the game has "evolved" since the days of cousy. this just further acknowledges that the nba is a rigged league

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ear_n.html
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Sgaking
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: crab dribble aka travel 

Post#2 » by Sgaking » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Whatever King James wants, King James gets.
Its hard to soar like an Eagle when you are surrounded by Turkeys
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#3 » by magicfan4life05 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:02 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ear_n.html

"That would be good, I could get my move back," James said of the potential rule changes. "They stole my move. I've gotten used to knowing that you have to land on two feet."

deck wrote:This is complete BS. I can't believe the league is considering this. They should be going the other way where they start enforcing these rules that have existed since the games inception. I love the game of basketball, but I already have trouble dealing with apparent lack of integrity that is inherent in today’s game. This just makes it much worse.

Absolutely unbelievable.

^ pretty much my thoughts summed up nicely by another poster

I'm a Lebron fan too...but this is ridiculous, they are messing with the integrity of the game to try to accommodate their superstar player.

I'm a really big hard core fan of the NBA, but stuff like this really turns me off from it...sigh...
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#4 » by zuppafly » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm ok with it if they also change the rules on goaltending and illegal defense. Whenever a player catches a ball anywhere near the rim, even f it's descending, it shouldn't be called a goaltend. Also, if you'll be able to be 5 seconds in the lane opposed to the current 3 in order to establish position under the basket. Dwight will be pleased.
How does that sound, Stern? Stupid? Yeah, that's what we all think of the crab dribble too.
NEM
RealGM

Post#5 » by NEM » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 pm

yeah i always thought goaltending was a stupid rule, so dwight should say something and see if stern changes it...if he doesnt dwight should ask lebron to say it so that its guaranteed that its changed

Howard+Nelson
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Howard+Nelson » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 pm

i dont have a problem with this...the only problem i have is while he is travelling around the lane, he lowers his shoulder and runs into dwight who has his arms straight up.. and dwight gets a foul call..
PigsEatHam
Analyst
And1: 376

Post#7 » by PigsEatHam » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Lebron is a great player, he doesn't need the extra help, so why modify the rules to accomodate the game of a star player?
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#8 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Long live the King !
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#9 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:22 pm

PigsEatHam wrote:Lebron is a great player, he doesn't need the extra help, so why modify the rules to accomodate the game of a star player?

My thoughts exactly. If he's as good as everyone thinks (and frankly, he is) shouldn't he be able to adjust his game tot he rules, rather than the rules adjusting to his game?

What a crock.
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#10 » by LiteHedded » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:04 pm

what a joke...
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#11 » by surflawyer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:31 pm

How many points do thay want LBJ to get every night? I think this is a bad move for the NBA. You wont be able to defend him, players will get frustrated and someone will get physical and BAM...... LBJ blows out his knee on a hard foul and then where is the NBA without its superstar?

Just enforce the Fn' rules!!
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,172

Post#12 » by Kent » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:15 pm

The question is are 2K Sports and EA Sports going to have animations for this traveling move? Only if they want to be 100% authentic.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#13 » by MMFla » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Thats a complete opposite when a big man causes the rules to change.

I think it was Wilt or Kareem who wasn't allowed to dunk because he was so much taller than everyone else. Now hip checking is not allowed giving players an easier way to the lane and flopping is still allowed, change those rules I was sick of seeing Devin Harris' head fling back on every play.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#14 » by glennathan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:14 am

this rule change better be something EVERYONE can utilize not just LBJ. If anyone else except him gets called for traveling there is going to be a major uproar about this. Especially if Kobe or D-Wade do it.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#15 » by drsd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:16 am

glennathan wrote:this rule change better be something EVERYONE can utilize not just LBJ. If anyone else except him gets called for traveling there is going to be a major uproar about this. Especially if Kobe or D-Wade do it.

No.

It is a rule that will only benefit wing players. For years, the NBA has softened up the ability to guard on the wing. But interior players get a totally different set of rules. They can bang on defense (forbidden for guards). They can put hands on each other (also forbidden on the wing). And the equivalent of the two-step for a big would be a shuffle step: that is the most called travel in the NBA.

I would like a set of rules that applies to all ten players on and at every position on the court.
NEM
RealGM

Post#16 » by NEM » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:15 pm

surflawyer wrote:How many points do thay want LBJ to get every night? I think this is a bad move for the NBA. You wont be able to defend him, players will get frustrated and someone will get physical and BAM...... LBJ blows out his knee on a hard foul and then where is the NBA without its superstar?

Just enforce the Fn' rules!!

that player will get prosecuted and charged with attempted murder....as long as stern is the judge. f'n moron. i hate stern

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#17 » by glennathan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:03 pm

drsd wrote:
glennathan wrote:this rule change better be something EVERYONE can utilize not just LBJ. If anyone else except him gets called for traveling there is going to be a major uproar about this. Especially if Kobe or D-Wade do it.

No.

It is a rule that will only benefit wing players. For years, the NBA has softened up the ability to guard on the wing. But interior players get a totally different set of rules. They can bang on defense (forbidden for guards). They can put hands on each other (also forbidden on the wing). And the equivalent of the two-step for a big would be a shuffle step: that is the most called travel in the NBA.

I would like a set of rules that applies to all ten players on and at every position on the court.

I said the same thing. I want it to be a rule that EVERYONE can utilie not just one player named LBJ. I would prefer the rule not be changed but Stern is going to do it anyways and if and when the rule changes it needs to be for everyone to use not just one.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?

Return to Orlando Magic