ImageImageImageImage

Magic @ Rockets, Tues. 8:30pm

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: Magic @ Rockets, Tues. 8:30pm 

Post#401 » by EasternMagic » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:23 am

CuttingEdge wrote:Maybe Howard should have ran into Yao again and fell over. Whatever, time for him to call up Stern and set things straight like Lebron does... Nice going guys.

Actually, I have witnessed Dwight cutting deals with David Stern. One time this year Stern was at a nationally televised game in ORL and before the game, i saw talking with him with a sheet of paper in his hand (obviously trading some of his paycheck for pansy treatment from the refs) No doubt on you knowing your stuff!

Seriously Houston fans get the panties in a bunch about Dwight... but he always gets owned by Yao, they should love playing Dwight... Just because Yao is clumsy and falls every once in a while doesn't mean he's getting fouled
wireonfire
Junior
And1: 1

Post#402 » by wireonfire » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:25 am

HeyIt'sMe wrote:Houston fans should like Dwight... he plays Yao straight up and never flops. Subsequently, yes, Yao dominates him, but if Dwight wanted to, he could flop everytime down the court and get Yao into foul trouble.

He should play Yao straight up without fronting! Then Yao will own him more.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#403 » by EasternMagic » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:33 am

wireonfire wrote:
HeyIt'sMe wrote:Houston fans should like Dwight... he plays Yao straight up and never flops. Subsequently, yes, Yao dominates him, but if Dwight wanted to, he could flop everytime down the court and get Yao into foul trouble.

He should play Yao straight up without fronting! Then Yao will own him more.

My new official song for all Houston fans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBTrN5Odbg
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,344

Post#404 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:43 am

YAO > DWIGHT
CuttingEdge
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#405 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:47 am

EasternMagic wrote:
CuttingEdge wrote:Maybe Howard should have ran into Yao again and fell over. Whatever, time for him to call up Stern and set things straight like Lebron does... Nice going guys.

Actually, I have witnessed Dwight cutting deals with David Stern. One time this year Stern was at a nationally televised game in ORL and before the game, i saw talking with him with a sheet of paper in his hand (obviously trading some of his paycheck for pansy treatment from the refs) No doubt on you knowing your stuff!

Seriously Houston fans get the panties in a bunch about Dwight... but he always gets owned by Yao, they should love playing Dwight... Just because Yao is clumsy and falls every once in a while doesn't mean he's getting fouled

LOL Dwight fell over. But denial is a good thing your case.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#406 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:48 am

CuttingEdge is just being a douche for no reason.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#407 » by EasternMagic » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:57 am

never seen fans be such sore winners.... wow
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#408 » by DHoward4Mvp » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:01 am

DHoward4Mvp wrote:The ole Yao Ming vs Dwight Howard matchup..... Its been very one sided since Dwight has come into the league. Yao pretty much owns Dwight... The Magic gotta push the ball, run, run, run, run... Yao will be tired in the first 4 minutes of the game...
I dont know if anyone else finds it funny as i do, watching the big goon try to run up and down the court, with his big ass centerr block head galloping along... Im sure one of them will be in foul trouble the first 5 minutes of the game.....
Toughness is going to be needed in this game.. Rashard and Turk have to be ready to battle downlow.. Scola engine just never stops and he will probably grab about 42 rebounds tomorrow...
Artest is going to completely shut down Turk...
Houston 93
Orlando 82

HOly crap, i almost predicted the exact score!! Bummer, we lost though...
Get back at it tomorrow night.
Question for you guys, do you think we would be better with Yao MIng??
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#409 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:01 am

EasternMagic wrote:never seen fans be such sore winners.... wow

It's not about the win.. I could care less, I'm just stating the obvious about guys like Lebron and Dwight and how they get officiated.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#410 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:05 am

DHoward4Mvp wrote:
DHoward4Mvp wrote:The ole Yao Ming vs Dwight Howard matchup..... Its been very one sided since Dwight has come into the league. Yao pretty much owns Dwight... The Magic gotta push the ball, run, run, run, run... Yao will be tired in the first 4 minutes of the game...
I dont know if anyone else finds it funny as i do, watching the big goon try to run up and down the court, with his big ass centerr block head galloping along... Im sure one of them will be in foul trouble the first 5 minutes of the game.....
Toughness is going to be needed in this game.. Rashard and Turk have to be ready to battle downlow.. Scola engine just never stops and he will probably grab about 42 rebounds tomorrow...
Artest is going to completely shut down Turk...
Houston 93
Orlando 82

HOly crap, i almost predicted the exact score!! Bummer, we lost though...
Get back at it tomorrow night.
Question for you guys, do you think we would be better with Yao MIng??

Yeah but only if Yao plays against Dwight every game on every team so lets just clone Dwight
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#411 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:07 am

CuttingEdge wrote:

It's not about the win.. I could care less, I'm just stating the obvious about guys like Lebron and Dwight and how they get officiated.

Please stop baiting Magic fans into a flame war.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#412 » by EasternMagic » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:14 am

CuttingEdge wrote:

You're right, sucks for you and the rest of the league
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#413 » by Versubio » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:24 am

... and they won the game, which makes it even sadder.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#414 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:30 am

If Yao got up for every big man like he does Dwight, he would be the best big man in the game. He would also probably tire himself out halfway through the season. Dwight is still the best.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#415 » by BaunceyChillups » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:48 am

Who cares if Dwight gets owned by Yao twice a year when Yao routinely gets pushed around by 6'7" power forwards and hasn't been out of the first round.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,881

Post#416 » by drsd » Wed Apr 8, 2009 6:35 am

When Tyronn Lue is the best statistical guard f the game, Orlando is not gonna win very much.

Alston, 4-11 shooting and 3 TOs
Lee, 2-9 shooting, no FTs attempted, only 5 points
Redick, 2-7 shoting, no FTs attempted, only 5 points

Mr. Subway sub of the game:
Lue, 9 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist. Hmm

The Magic guards failed to attack. No points where created. No fouls created. No flow at all.

Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#417 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Apr 8, 2009 12:57 pm

Houston is just a better team than us, plain and simple. And for that reason, there is no need to be upset over the loss. Our guys battled.

EDIT: Someone tell CuttingEdge to take his family and drive really fast into a concrete wall.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,862

Post#418 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:04 pm

Do the Yao fans realize that he couldn't even come close to scoring on Gortat. He couldn't even get the ball when Gortat was guarding him. And when Gortat guarded him straight up, he pushed Yao way out of the paint. Yao couldn't even move him.

Dwight needs to go on whatever lower body workout routine Gortat is on. Gortats legs are huge.

Edit: And this is my problem with Stan sometimes. He plays the one guy who was completely shutting down Yao only 10 minutes. He should have adjusted and put Gortat out there with Dwight. I am a big fan of strategy and adjustments, and SVG is a bit stubborn in this regard.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#419 » by mhectorgato » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:31 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
Guy986 wrote:Do you guys do this every game? WTF is with the fouling.

In all honesty... we're are usualy not in that situation... ever.. so no....
But it was annoying, I think it was Stan's way of punishment

Or could be preperation for the playoffs.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#420 » by mike_miller » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:20 pm

they started fouling with like a min left, down by 10..its not that outrageous. deff not waranting the 5 straight min clyde drex complained about it...

terrible loss, i consider myself a pretty big shard fan, wtf, dribble the ball everyonce and while, give the defender the thought you might not just be chucking another 3pter up.

this team would be much more balanced if shard was willing to take people off the dribble and pull up, all the more frustrating because hes more than talented enough to do so.

edit: in what way are the rockets better than the magic? we score more pts per game than they do and give up the same, we have a better record and not by that small a margin. how many games in row do you think dwight and hedo are going to combine for 25..not many.

Return to Orlando Magic