ImageImageImageImage

Kings interested in Hedo Turkoglu ?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Re: Kings interested in Hedo Turkoglu ? 

Post#21 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:09 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:battie+hedo+jj for garcia+hawes zomg make it happen

Keep Battie put Pietrus in

no problem

dwight
hawes
shard
garcia/lee
nelson/alston

zomg championship...and we didnt even have to acquire a bigname player like kg or gasol to make it happen!
Work Hard
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#22 » by EasternMagic » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:22 pm

As far as sign and trades go, another guy who has an amazingly low contract for a couple years is Luis Scola
We prbly could definitely not get him in a s&t though... just saying
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#23 » by j-ragg » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Battie+ Hedo + JJ for Nocioni+ Garcia + Thompson

LOL.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 482

Post#24 » by TheChaser » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:06 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:battie+hedo+jj for garcia+hawes zomg make it happen

Keep Battie put Pietrus in

no problem

dwight
hawes
shard
garcia/lee
nelson/alston

zomg championship...and we didnt even have to acquire a bigname player like kg or gasol to make it happen!

that line up does look nice, my only issue is that none of the young guns from sac know how to be winners in this league yet.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#25 » by sackings916 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 am

The Kings are not trading Thompson or Hawes for Turkoglu. Young bigs never get traded for 30 y/o wings. Nocioni+sweetener(Donte Green/Hou 1st or future protected 1st) is much closer.
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#26 » by cmor42180 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:18 am

the kings have wanted turk since he left, they are always talking about him, this is just another media hype bs story, the kings are in the same position to sign him as we are... but we are a winner, and turk likes it here so we win there, lol
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#27 » by DHoward4Mvp » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 am

Good, im glad somebody wants him.... Get rid of this guy please... We have seen the best of Hedo, and that was last year... If Otis re-signs this guy for a 4 or 5 year deal, he is making a HUGE mistake...
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 482

Post#28 » by TheChaser » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:14 am

DHoward4Mvp wrote:Good, im glad somebody wants him.... Get rid of this guy please... We have seen the best of Hedo, and that was last year... If Otis re-signs this guy for a 4 or 5 year deal, he is making a HUGE mistake...

Well I hope he's alright after tonight.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#29 » by Idunkonyou2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:19 am

Hedo + Battie for Boozer.
Raven
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#30 » by Raven » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:38 am

I think Hedo should go. He deserves to earn more money and definitely deserves supportive fans instead of morons who loose themselves in a orgy of hatred everytime Hedo misses a shot or turns the ball over.
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#31 » by cmor42180 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:15 am

Raven wrote:I think Hedo should go. He deserves to earn more money and definitely deserves supportive fans instead of morons who loose themselves in a orgy of hatred everytime Hedo misses a shot or turns the ball over.

welcome to the internet...lol

no one is safe on the boards, not even dwight, those who cant play go on internet boards and complain, lol
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#32 » by Jaykoolzboy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 am

Sac is really high on Thompson and Hawes (no chance they are offer those two), also last time I checked Hedo is a unrestricted FA and Sac is under the cap with BJackson,Diagou and Drew Gooden off the book this summer, they can just steal Hedo without give back anything.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by BassMaster » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:43 am

drsd wrote:Nocioni is a step down from Turkoglu, and, is a force move to keep Lewis at PF.

Jason Thompson would be a dream for Orlando.

I would love to see Jason here with the Magic, but it's never going to happen he is part of their future plus he's cheap.
Remember the Maloof Brothers dumped a lot of salary this season and I really don't see them taking on the salary of Hedo.
The Kings are another team facing money problems, because of the current economic mess and the frozen credit market is hitting them hard. They are also fighting a battle to get a new arena and this time they are being forced to use their own money instead of public money since none is left.

All of these add up to the Kings keeping certain players that they still have and not adding another 8-10 million a year contract for 5 years on an aging player.
Visirale
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by Visirale » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 am

Only one that would be worth anything on our team is Blake Griffin. Seeing as how they aren't going to do that, no thank you.

I like the idea of Boozer. I just want to get a solid PF on the team.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#35 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Raven wrote:I think Hedo should go. He deserves to earn more money and definitely deserves supportive fans instead of morons who loose themselves in a orgy of hatred everytime Hedo misses a shot or turns the ball over.

You can't be serious. Have you watched him play?

Second half of the season he's toned it down a notch, but our go-to guy in the 4th quarter's only move is to run into people and hope for a foul call. Let the guy walk.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#36 » by EasternMagic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Fans are going to be the same wherever he goes. I like Hedo too but he makes his fair share of boneheaded plays
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#37 » by DHoward4Mvp » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:40 pm

cmor42180 wrote:

welcome to the internet...lol

no one is safe on the boards, not even dwight, those who cant play go on internet boards and complain, lol

Raven, yes he does miss A LOT of shots, and yes he does turn the ball over A LOT.... But Its not just a few bad games here and there, its been bad games in long stretches.. Face it, he has peaked, we have seen Hedo grow into the player that he was capable of being. And last year was the best of Hedo....
But on top of the bad passes or turning the ball over ( then raising his arms like its never his fault, another thing that annoys the piss out of me)....... Or how about a lot of nights his effort is a lot of times laughable.. Go as far as the Knicks game.. 3 posessions where he doesnt even put up a fight for the rebound allowing the Knicks to regain posession all the 3 times..
I agree that Hedo does take a lot of heat on these boards, but its damn deserving.. Im not one of Hedos biggest fans, but ive never said Hedo single handedly lost this game for us, like i have seen on this board.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#38 » by Shishnizzle » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Jaykoolzboy wrote:Sac is really high on Thompson and Hawes (no chance they are offer those two), also last time I checked Hedo is a unrestricted FA and Sac is under the cap with BJackson,Diagou and Drew Gooden off the book this summer, they can just steal Hedo without give back anything.

We can only hope we are that lucky.

Bosh 2010 FTW.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#39 » by MitchellUK » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:38 pm

If a $7m starting salary is the market value for Hedo, why sign and trade? We can re-sign him to that, and look to make salary dumping deals later on in the season. Remember, we don't have to be under the lux tax threshold all year, just by a certain date. And I would expect Tony Battie and/or Rafer Alston to be moved at some point next season to teams looking for expiring deals.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#40 » by trebone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 pm

let him walk for all i care i wouldnt go more than 3 tears for hedo and that would be stretching it for me

Return to Orlando Magic