ImageImageImageImage

1st Round Game #1: 76ers @ Magic Apr. 19th 5:30 p.m.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Re: 1st Round Game #1: 76ers @ Magic Apr. 19th 5:30 p.m. 

Post#781 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:05 pm

I have been on the bandwagon for a true PF as well at times. But I also think hector is right in that we could succeed with this team, if we just changed up the strategy a bit. Meaning we get less plays for Turk, and have Lewis in the post more. Maybe next season more plays for Lees mid-range game and attacking ability. Even with this current lineup, we don't HAVE to rely on 3's the way we do. That really is my only problem and why I don't always like the 2 SF lineup. But I would have no problem with this 2 SF lineup if they would post up/attack more.

The biggest thing I think would be to get players off the bench who can do things that we may lack in the SL. Like having a Verajo like PF off the bench would be perfect to backup Lewis.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: 1st Round Game #1: 76ers @ Magic Apr. 19th 5:30 p.m. 

Post#782 » by mhectorgato » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Solid Snake wrote:I have been on the bandwagon for a true PF as well at times. But I also think hector is right in that we could succeed with this team, if we just changed up the strategy a bit. Meaning we get less plays for Turk, and have Lewis in the post more. Maybe next season more plays for Lees mid-range game and attacking ability. Even with this current lineup, we don't HAVE to rely on 3's the way we do. That really is my only problem and why I don't always like the 2 SF lineup. But I would have no problem with this 2 SF lineup if they would post up/attack more.

The biggest thing I think would be to get players off the bench who can do things that we may lack in the SL. Like having a Verajo like PF off the bench would be perfect to backup Lewis.

Balance is what we are lacking imo. Was hoping that MP would be our slasher. Lee can become that. Use Shard in the post. When we rely on shots that are not falling we need to change things up.

Plus, keeping defense off balance will open up the outside shots.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic