ImageImageImageImage

1st Round Game # 2 April 22nd 76ers @ Magic 7:00 P.M

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Re: 1st Round Game # 2 April 22nd 76ers @ Magic 7:00 P.M 

Post#1041 » by MagicMadness » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Lee's defense down the stretch was quite impressive as well. For example, very late in the game Miller had the ball in the corner and Lee immediately swarmed him. Miller almost ended up dribbling out of bounds but was able to (finally) find an open man to pass it to.

We've been saying it ever since he became a starter - we've got a really special player here. Very intelligent bball player; and one who should only continue to grow and mature.
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#1042 » by DHoward4Mvp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Forgot something
Courtney Lee is the ********* man!!!!!!!!! Damn what a game by this guy....I like how they let him handle the ball a lot more last night. They really dont have a guy that can stay in front of Lee..

Its going to be scary when Turk and Lewis start making some shots.... ( its going to happen ISNT it??)
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#1043 » by DHoward4Mvp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:32 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Lee's defense down the stretch was quite impressive as well. For example, very late in the game Miller had the ball in the corner and Lee immediately swarmed him. Miller almost ended up dribbling out of bounds but was able to (finally) find an open man to pass it to.

We've been saying it ever since he became a starter - we've got a really special player here. Very intelligent bball player; and one who should only continue to grow and mature.

Cannot believe this guy is a rookie....
Just Plain Mark
Assistant Coach
And1: 193

Post#1044 » by Just Plain Mark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I wonder how much Stan will adjust the 4th quarter offense now that Lee has been playing so well so that its not so much Hedo pick and roll. I know lots of discussion has already occured about the offense stagnating with Hedo and I think it also has to do with the defense knowing exactly what's coming.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#1045 » by magicmamma » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 pm

lovehoops01 wrote: But after watching the Magic play for two games, I'm wondering if they might play a little looser on the road. I think Orlando's fans make the Magic nervous -- and they hear so much criticism here.

I also think that the magic play "nervous" at home, particularly when they appear to have no energy in a really important game -- like the first game of the playoffs. They are such a good team on the road because they are comfortable in the "us against the world" situation, really focus on the team, and play their game. I don't think they are upset by fan criticism, but rather that concern about giving the fans a win distracts them. Worrying about losing at home spoils their focus. Trying too hard looks a lot like not trying. When they are winning regularly, they relax at home and do feed off the crowd like other teams. It's interesting the SVG said Courtney was about the only guy who played "freely" last night and that some guys looked like they were carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#1046 » by mhectorgato » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Just Plain Mark wrote:I wonder how much Stan will adjust the 4th quarter offense now that Lee has been playing so well so that its not so much Hedo pick and roll. I know lots of discussion has already occured about the offense stagnating with Hedo and I think it also has to do with the defense knowing exactly what's coming.

My stance is not that Hedo should never see the ball, but we need some more balance in the offense. This is especially the case during "Hedo time". When he gets the ball it's the same thing over and over. That makes it so much easier to plan the defenses to stop him.

We need to mix it up and keep the defenses guessing. Our team is setup for balance - not a single dominant scorer - we go away from that when we just run plays for a single player.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#1047 » by MagicMadness » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'd say the biggest problem with Hedo is the fact that even when his shot isn't falling, he doesn't defer the ball to his teammates late in the game but instead continues to shoot ("Hedo time").

Simply put - he's not a star player. He just isn't good enough to sit there and attempt to shoot his way out of a funk late in a game. Sometimes it works; but for the most part, he just continues to struggle and we end up losing precious possessions down the stretch. That's when we all end up getting frustrated with him.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#1048 » by orlandomike » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:56 pm

I have to believe as the game wears on Hedos ankle gets to him. He definitly gets immoble out there. They really need the bench to step into his spot and contribute.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#1049 » by mhectorgato » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:15 pm

orlandomike wrote:I have to believe as the game wears on Hedos ankle gets to him. He definitly gets immoble out there. They really need the bench to step into his spot and contribute.

Has his ankle been bothering him most of the season?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1050 » by magicman123 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:37 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Yeah, I'd say the biggest problem with Hedo is the fact that even when his shot isn't falling, he doesn't defer the ball to his teammates late in the game but instead continues to shoot ("Hedo time").

Simply put - he's not a star player. He just isn't good enough to sit there and attempt to shoot his way out of a funk late in a game. Sometimes it works; but for the most part, he just continues to struggle and we end up losing precious possessions down the stretch. That's when we all end up getting frustrated with him.

:nod:
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#1051 » by magicfanatic23 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:18 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:

Now, I don't think the crowd deserved many props tonight. They were loud at points of the game, especially the end. But the crowd seemed to lose focus late in the third quarter and early in the fourth. And they arrived late as hell. The arena was half-empty at the start of the game, and of course, with about 5 minutes left, some of them started leaving even though the Magic only were up by about 8 points. Both those things really upset me. I mean, if you can't stay for an entire playoff game, what is important enough for you to stay for? It's not like it was people with kids who had to get them in bed either. The crowd Sunday was much better.

Agreed. It was not a great crowd tonight. Sunday was amazing and one of the loudest Magic games I've been too. I think part of it was those rackets. Those things were really loud. The towels look cool but it doesn't help at all with noise. Plus, it just seemed like the whole crowd was nervous. I sure as hell know I was lol.

We the fans at Amway must pick up our game and be rowdy in Game 5 lol.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.

Return to Orlando Magic