ImageImageImageImage

Homerism on the Boston Board

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Homerism on the Boston Board 

Post#1 » by orlandomike » Tue May 5, 2009 2:42 pm

I just dont get the talk over there. They say if only Pierce had a bit better game etc etc, they would have won easily. They were down 28 points. They dont realize that we have let the 6ers do that too.It's the Magic collapse not the Celtics great come back.

They just got done with a 7 game series against the 7th seed Bulls. All they say is the Bulls are great and would beat us. The Bulls are a 500 team and the 3 seed could have beat the Celtics by 40 if they kept the foot on the gas.

I hope we win game 2 but they will have some excuse for that too.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Re: Homerism on the Boston Board 

Post#2 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue May 5, 2009 2:46 pm

At the end of the day, our wins mean everything and their excuses nothing. I hope that they have four opportunities to make excuses this series, and a whole summer to make excuses afterwards.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#3 » by MagicMadness » Tue May 5, 2009 2:49 pm

They are so dumb sometimes. They act like they won a championship or something.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#4 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue May 5, 2009 2:57 pm

good post from the o-zone magicjam forum:

BenDavis21 wrote:I think this is such a stupid conversation.

You don't GAIN MOMENTUM by LOSING game ONE of a series at HOME!

That's how you gain an early summer vacation. Game one means everything in a playoff series. The team that wins game 1 wins the series over 80% of the time. Not only that, but the Magic showed how much better and faster they are than the Celtics. The Magic know it and believe me the Celtics know it. Doc Rivers was suicidal for half this game. Do you know how much better you are than an NBA team to go up by 28pts on them?

The Magic were never going to win game 2 of this series. In what world was that going to happen? The Magic will win this series in 6 with Boston winning games 2 & 5. That's how it was always going to play out.

If the Magic were down by 28pts and lost by 5, you wouldn't hear BShaw in here talking about OUR moral victory. It's pure stupidity. We're better than them and the better team always wins a 7 game series.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#5 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue May 5, 2009 3:00 pm

In fairness, we have some bad posters ourselves.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Howard+Nelson
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Howard+Nelson » Tue May 5, 2009 3:05 pm

they have all the media and refs w/ them so I'm not surprised they are saying that. I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed the loss on pierce not getting fts when dwight challenged him near the end even though they were getting a ton of questionable calls before that.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#7 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Tue May 5, 2009 3:14 pm

Listen, give them credit for the comeback, but our guys got complacent, like Inside the NBA said, we took too many quick shots, and unnecessary threes that ignite fast breaks, and got Rondo going to the line, lets be real here, they did get off a seven game series with 4 overtimes, but then again, its their own fault for putting themselves in that position. we did what we have to do, steal home court, let Boston fans run their mouth, that's what most of them are good at doing that ne wayz...
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Tue May 5, 2009 3:34 pm

WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S BOARD! GAWD!

:roll:
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#9 » by paperboymafia » Tue May 5, 2009 3:34 pm

there are homers on both sides.

that o-zone quote is spot on imo.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#10 » by mhectorgato » Tue May 5, 2009 3:40 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:In fairness, we have some bad posters ourselves.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#11 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue May 5, 2009 3:40 pm

There are definitely some homers over on the Celtics board, particularly those that go on and on about the league always hating Boston and the Celtics having to play 5 vs. 8 (with the refs) every single game.

That said, there are homers on every board. People wouldn't be as annoyed with those on the Celtics board if Boston was a terrible team. Does anyone care about Toronto homers right now?

The talk of the Bulls being better than Orlando is absurd. If Boston had to play Philly in the 1st round, they might not even be in the 2nd round. Chicago was definitely better than their seed ranking (because they hit their stride later in the year), but the Celtics were still favored in that series, even without KG. Instead, the series ended up being incredibly close and now it's used as something to prop them up -- being down but not out, coming back and showing resiliency, etc. even though they put themselves in that situation by playing down to a worse team.

Now they lose game 1 and the pressure is on again, so if they pull something great in game 2 and game 3, I'm sure we'll hear all the same stuff again. However, the difference with this series is that Boston is actually the underdog, and their team/fanbase is one that loves having a chip on its shoulder.

Congrats on the win last night. Since the Knicks didn't make the playoffs (again) this year, Orlando has been the team I'm rooting for. Good luck.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#12 » by Cammo101 » Tue May 5, 2009 3:43 pm

We won, they lost. If we win 3 more, then we win the series. It does not matter who plays how well or what could have or should have happened.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#13 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue May 5, 2009 3:45 pm

Also, what do you folks think of the 8-second violation last night?

In the Bulls series, there were a lot of fans saying that the Rondo on Miller foul was correctly not called a flagrant because that's a call you don't make in the final minute of a close game. Shouldn't this also apply to an 8-second violation? I thought it was pretty close.

I also remember a lot of calls that probably shouldn't have been made in the finals minutes of some games in the 2006 Heat-Mavs Finals.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#14 » by MagicMadness » Tue May 5, 2009 3:48 pm

Personally, the call was questionable, but the video replay does look like it was just barely 8-seconds.

So...basically all I can say is that Hedo never should've even gotten us into that situation in the first place. That was epic failure on a grand scale, when just nothing was going right for the Magic on offense. The nail in the coffin of a total meltdown.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#15 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue May 5, 2009 3:52 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:Also, what do you folks think of the 8-second violation last night?

In the Bulls series, there were a lot of fans saying that the Rondo on Miller foul was correctly not called a flagrant because that's a call you don't make in the final minute of a close game. Shouldn't this also apply to an 8-second violation? I thought it was pretty close.

I also remember a lot of calls that probably shouldn't have been made in the finals minutes of some games in the 2006 Heat-Mavs Finals.

It was a legit call. When the shot clock read 16, Hedo only had one foot over. Pretty simple. Can't blame a fast count, can't blame an incorrect interpretation of the rules. That call pretty much symbolized the way we played the last 20 minutes of that game.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#16 » by mhectorgato » Tue May 5, 2009 3:53 pm

Hedo's perceived laziness strikes again. That's a mistake that should never happen - and it rarely ever does.

As MM said that looked the correct call - not much grace though. In explaining it to SVG, the ref (forgot which one) showed that his back leg was still in the backcourt when the time expired. I guess it's that your whole body and ball must be over the line, not just part.

Could they do a video review of that?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#17 » by ORL » Tue May 5, 2009 3:53 pm

It's just stuff you say to make yourself feel better. We'd be saying something similar too.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#18 » by Last Guardian » Tue May 5, 2009 3:54 pm

Meh, losing often makes people unintelligent, myself included.

There is no way, no how the Bulls are better than us. The Bulls never even had a 20 point lead on the Celtics, and we almost had 30 in game 1. Celtic fans are just bitter about losing.

Good comeback attempt, but they failed in the end and are now down 1-0. The Magic have HCA. ALL of the pressure is on the Celtics to win the next game and 1 in Orlando. They are scared.

What I don't understand is how anyone can think the Celtics WITHOUT KG are better than the Magic, a 60 win team. You are not going to beat a 60 win team without your best player. Sure a .500 team like the Bulls, who even pushed 7 games, but not a 60 win team.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#19 » by damo[23] » Tue May 5, 2009 4:01 pm

Let them say what they want, its their boards and their opinions. Just because they post it on the boards doesnt make it right, or even worth a reaction.

The Magic are one of the more disliked fan bases and teams in RealGM, should just rise above it and people will soon enough turn away.

I just had a look over at their boards, sure they've got their own homers, and a few attacking the Magic, which is to be expected, but in reality, when we have to have our own posters telling orlandomike to real it in, its not good.

If you decide to post over there, watching, other mods can take to calling out trolls very quickly, and thats a fast and easy way to get warnings.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#20 » by magicmamma » Tue May 5, 2009 4:05 pm

It's their board. They can say what they want there. What's wrong with being a homer at home?

Return to Orlando Magic