ImageImageImageImage

Lewis: Magic Are More Professional Than Celtics

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Lewis: Magic Are More Professional Than Celtics 

Post#1 » by magic_turk » Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm

"It most definitely adds fuel to the fire," Lewis said. "We don't like that type of stuff. You have to be professional about the game of basketball. We're a professional team and we expect them to be the same way.

"Those guys were jumping up and down, waving their hands at us, saying bye, but it's not over yet; it's just 2-2," Lewis added. "We could have done the same thing when we won on their court, but we're more professional than that. They still have to win ballgames. The series ain't over yet."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... n_celtics/

Wow, Lewis with some big words! Oh man do I want to see him just explode and be unstoppable. Lewis has been playing great this series for the Magic but judging from these words it sounds like he is annoyed and wants to give it to these guys.

Sweet Lew babyyyy, I am glad we signed this guy! :D
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Lewis: Magic Are More Professional Than Celtics 

Post#2 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon May 11, 2009 1:35 pm

I can't think of another team that would have acted the same way as the Celtics did after a win like that. Seriously. Nobody else in the league has that little class.

Lewis is right, and I hope our guys show up to play on tuesday. Then, after we win, the guys can set the Celtics championship banners on fire and piss on their fans during their celebration of the victory.
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#3 » by MagicalMan » Mon May 11, 2009 1:40 pm

yeah you would think with that reaction they had just won game 7 of the finals. Not game 4 on the eastern semi's lol
Super_Mario_3
Senior
And1: 9

Post#4 » by Super_Mario_3 » Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 pm

a pissed off lewis and an angry dwight.

MAGIC IN SIX! BOOK IT!
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#5 » by SS_MagicMark » Mon May 11, 2009 1:56 pm

We certainly don't go around shoving the other team's fans. Davis had better see a fine for that.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#6 » by damo[23] » Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 pm

What you talking about Lewis, the Celtics acted with nothing but class.

Now wheres my green font ...
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#7 » by orlandomike » Mon May 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Yeah i saw that he just shoved that little kid.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
silent4418
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#8 » by silent4418 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Magic more professional than the Celtics? I'm not so sure.

From the chiseled physiques of Glen Davis and Brian Scalabrine...

...and the legendary team-first mentality of Stephon Marbury...

...to the class and dignity with which Eddie House guards his pot of gold...

...to the icy cool composure of Rajon Rondo...

...and the willingness of Tony Allen to step in front of a loan shark's bullet for his family...

...the Celtics and a shining beacon of maturity and grace in a league that is woefully short on both.
"There's people out there that need beaten up - he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up." - Chael Sonnen
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#9 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hopefully we make them pay, the guys look pissed about it so it's on them to change Boston's mood.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#10 » by zuppafly » Mon May 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Thank you Shard for having the balls to say it to the media. Now go rape them in the Garden.
Sugar Cane
Senior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Sugar Cane » Mon May 11, 2009 2:22 pm

The Celtics having a lack of professionalism is not a new revelation. It all began when they most recently hoisted up the Larry O'brien trophy at the end of last season. That story book team of three humble, hungry, superstars turned into the nightmare on Eml Street. KG became the most ignorant ass (considering he was always an emotional dude). Paul Pierce declared almost immediately that he was the greatest player on the planet and Doc Rivers began to say stupid sh*t like, "we don't care about having the best record, when the playoffs come we'll be ready". Seriously???
But a series like this with Boston is really what the Magic needed. All year we've heard, "The Magic aren't tough enough", "The Magic aren't battle tested in the playoffs" and my favorite quote of the year was that, "The Magic are the best of the rest" citing that it was LA, Cleveland and Bos and then the rest of league. I took it as an insult. We're like the smartest (Please Use More Appropriate Word)??? This Boston team has really pushed us mentally more than anything else. They are not as good as our team and if we advance and brush off Cleveland and the winner of the west we can attribute a lot of our success to the growth and maturity we developed in this series.
Celtic Pride=Foolish Pride
B-League Fantasy Draft:

PG. Rajon Rondo/Mike Conley/Patty Mills
SG. Demar Derozan/Brandon Roy/Bradley Beal/Jodie Meeks
SF. Kawhi Leonard/Terrence Jones/Jae Crowder
PF. Tristan Thompson/Jared Sullinger/Tyler Hansbrough
C. JaVale McGee/DeAndre Jordan
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#12 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon May 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Damn right 'Shard. KG is especially classless.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#13 » by trebone » Mon May 11, 2009 2:24 pm

if only hedo could get pissed and put together a decent game oh what a wonderful world this could be
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#14 » by Last Guardian » Mon May 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Go to Lewis in the next game. Let him drop 45 on them.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#15 » by MitchellUK » Mon May 11, 2009 2:35 pm

I have to agree. Certain Celtic players and staff (I wouldn't say all) behaved with a complete lack of dignity or class. You won the game, and fair enough, a degree of celebration is to be expected. But the way they jawed and gestured at the Magic bench was borderline disgraceful. The Magic did not behave that way when they won in Boston, and I've not seen any evidence of anything that would have incited such a Celtic reaction (that's not to say they definitely haven't done anything like that, but I don't recall any instances).

Kevin Garnett's behaviour sets the tone for such actions from the C's, and the NBA and media appear to give him a free reign to shout, curse, gesture at and intimidate opponents all he wants. "It's just KG, he's intense, he's emotional, etc." It's inappropriate to behave in such a way in the sporting arena, and I would love to see something done about it. The odds of that happening are about as slim as Lindsey Lohan's arms, though. The only thing that's going to shut them up is the Magic beating them.

Still, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the series is played, and what happens at the end of the deciding game, whoever should win.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

MitchellUK wrote:I have to agree. Certain Celtic players and staff (I wouldn't say all) behaved with a complete lack of dignity or class. You won the game, and fair enough, a degree of celebration is to be expected. But the way they jawed and gestured at the Magic bench was borderline disgraceful. The Magic did not behave that way when they won in Boston, and I've not seen any evidence of anything that would have incited such a Celtic reaction (that's not to say they definitely haven't done anything like that, but I don't recall any instances).

Kevin Garnett's behaviour sets the tone for such actions from the C's, and the NBA and media appear to give him a free reign to shout, curse, gesture at and intimidate opponents all he wants. "It's just KG, he's intense, he's emotional, etc." It's inappropriate to behave in such a way in the sporting arena, and I would love to see something done about it. The odds of that happening are about as slim as Lindsey Lohan's arms, though. The only thing that's going to shut them up is the Magic beating them.

Still, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the series is played, and what happens at the end of the deciding game, whoever should win.

thats all true, but you have to understand thats just how KG is, he's very intense and emotional.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#17 » by magicman123 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
MitchellUK wrote:I have to agree. Certain Celtic players and staff (I wouldn't say all) behaved with a complete lack of dignity or class. You won the game, and fair enough, a degree of celebration is to be expected. But the way they jawed and gestured at the Magic bench was borderline disgraceful. The Magic did not behave that way when they won in Boston, and I've not seen any evidence of anything that would have incited such a Celtic reaction (that's not to say they definitely haven't done anything like that, but I don't recall any instances).

thats all true, but you have to understand thats just how KG is, he's very intense and emotional.

we understand KG is a d-bag, and that was ridiculous how some of the celtics ran to the magic bench and started talkin trash, now orlando needs to step up and do something about it
1CLee1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#18 » by 1CLee1 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:01 pm

spf211
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#19 » by spf211 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:I can't think of another team that would have acted the same way as the Celtics did after a win like that. Seriously. Nobody else in the league has that little class.

O RLY?

I can...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpo0NyBeLA

Hmmmmmm...

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#20 » by fendilim » Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Return to Orlando Magic