ImageImageImage

Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

User avatar
CoreyGallagher
Head Coach
Posts: 6,055
And1: 1,465
Joined: Feb 02, 2012

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#161 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 am

Knux-Future wrote:No way the coaches vote Jrue in with our record...dudes like Deron, Joe Johnson, Jennings and Pierce will get in over Jrue because of basketball reasons and ****.

just get ready

Going to be funny when Kyrie makes it though.
Image
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 15,852
And1: 1,938
Joined: Apr 07, 2010

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#162 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:58 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:
Knux-Future wrote:No way the coaches vote Jrue in with our record...dudes like Deron, Joe Johnson, Jennings and Pierce will get in over Jrue because of basketball reasons and ****.

just get ready

Going to be funny when Kyrie makes it though.


Both should. Deron shouldn't.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 16,375
And1: 890
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Location: Formerly known as Crazylyf
Contact:

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#163 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

This is what I'm talking about. The Jrue and Thad two man game. Stop running the PnR/PnP with Lavoy or Hawes. Let Jrue and Thad be the focal point of our offense.
E M B I I D - N O E L
JrueDatET
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 16
Joined: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Harrisburg

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#164 » by JrueDatET » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 am

Kyrie makes it when his team has 10 wins and he as apart of 6.
sixers238
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,341
And1: 45
Joined: Jul 02, 2006

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#165 » by sixers238 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 am

Jrue is making it fellas, count on it. Deron has an $80 million cast with him and Jrue is still playing better than him in every category. Pierce = plays SF, Jennings = no way, JJ = maybe at the other guard position. Uncle Drew is the only threat IMO, and rightfully so.
KrazySixersD
Head Coach
Posts: 7,146
And1: 39
Joined: Jul 16, 2008

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#166 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 am

wow... i went to a movie but had it going on my phone prior.... how on earth did we win this... o thats right, we have a 22 year old superstar who is carrying this team on his back...

last year, before the season, i said jrue is goin to be a top 5 PG... after last year, it looked shaky, but man do i look good (with that prediction anyways lol) huh?

this kid is as legit as it gets
Typeical
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,150
And1: 36
Joined: Jan 04, 2009

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#167 » by Typeical » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Was only able to watch the 1st qt. It looks like jrue and thad turned it on after realizing no one on the raptors can defend them?...
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 16,375
And1: 890
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Location: Formerly known as Crazylyf
Contact:

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#168 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Five promising things I saw from this game..

- Jrue's ability to take over.
- Thad's ability to be defensive potential to be wreck havoc in our opponent's passing lanes, ala Iguodala.
- Jrue and Thad's two man game in the crucial moments of the game.
- 76ers defensive potential in the third quarter where we forced a lot of TOs and poor percentage shots by harassing and pressuring the ball handler.
- ET's ability to find the open man.
E M B I I D - N O E L
User avatar
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 10,686
And1: 2,055
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
       

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#169 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I was at the game. Had a perfect backcourt view of the action and let me just say that Jrue's court vision has improved leaps and bounds.
KrazySixersD
Head Coach
Posts: 7,146
And1: 39
Joined: Jul 16, 2008

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#170 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 pm

glad to see u are coming around on jrue
User avatar
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
Posts: 12,733
And1: 275
Joined: Mar 17, 2004
Location: In the trenches of life

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#171 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Is there a point guard playing at a higher level right now than Holiday? I'm talking all around, the points, the assists, the clutch shots anyone? I mean Brandon Jennings keeps winning player of the week but I wouldn't trade Jrue for him ever!
Rondo got hurt last night and i'm going to bet he skips out on the all star game. That should open up an alternate spot for Holiday. It will probably go to Jennings but Holiday should be considered.
MILWAUKEE BUCKS Build A Team
Patrick Beverley/Will Bynum
Kobe Bryant/Alec Burks
Tobias Harris/Matt Barnes
Andrea Bargnani/Markieff Morris
DeAndre Jordan/Drew Gooden
SparksFly87
Starter
Posts: 2,292
And1: 46
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#172 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Watching how fast Thad is on the fastbreak with the ball in his hands and how he cause havoc in the passing lanes. How could he not fit as ou starting smallforward with a backcourt of Jrue/ Turner ballhandling?
Typeical
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,150
And1: 36
Joined: Jan 04, 2009

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#173 » by Typeical » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 pm

@ sparks What kind of spacing is that for Jrue?
SparksFly87
Starter
Posts: 2,292
And1: 46
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#174 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Typeical wrote:@ sparks What kind of spacing is that for Jrue?


A stretch 4 fixes that!
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 15,021
And1: 2,468
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#175 » by Mik317 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Jrue is going to get knocked for playing on a **** team.


Jennings team is in the playoffs last time I chiecked, Pierce, Johnson and Deron too.


That seems to be the key to the reserves for a while.

sucks too since Jrue is balling on a budget right now
Whatchu gonna do when the Stanimal gets a hold of youuuuuuuu
User avatar
underpressure
Veteran
Posts: 2,793
And1: 58
Joined: Mar 03, 2004
Location: Vienna/Austria
 

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#176 » by underpressure » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

The Celtics are barely above .500. If we argue on the basis of the winning percentage, there is no way that Boston should be represented by three players. Johnson and Williams should not be together at the all star game as it is clearly Lopez who is the Nets' MVP. So at most the Nets may have two allstars.

It is reasonable to elect players to the Allstar game if there are on a winning team. But at times you may break with this rule as Deron Williams got in last year and Kevin Love twice even though their team sucked more than ours. If Holiday stays hot and we make up ground on the Bucks, then I am quite optimistic that he is in.
User avatar
MountainDrew
Starter
Posts: 2,238
And1: 670
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Sweden
 

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#177 » by MountainDrew » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 pm

The best players should be in the all-star game, not role players like **** jr smith... I understand rewarding players for sacrificing for the team, but you can't fault Jrue for not having Bynum. I would be really dissaointed if he didn't make it.
Sixers Board Be The GM 5.0 Champion
User avatar
Semaj
Head Coach
Posts: 6,141
And1: 64
Joined: Dec 21, 2010
Location: 757, Virginia
Contact:
     

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#178 » by Semaj » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Image
Courtesy of UncleDrew
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 15,021
And1: 2,468
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#179 » by Mik317 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 am

underpressure wrote:The Celtics are barely above .500. If we argue on the basis of the winning percentage, there is no way that Boston should be represented by three players. Johnson and Williams should not be together at the all star game as it is clearly Lopez who is the Nets' MVP. So at most the Nets may have two allstars.

It is reasonable to elect players to the Allstar game if there are on a winning team. But at times you may break with this rule as Deron Williams got in last year and Kevin Love twice even though their team sucked more than ours. If Holiday stays hot and we make up ground on the Bucks, then I am quite optimistic that he is in.


I hope he makes it too (if only for ore bailout calls lol) but I could him getting jobbed for those **** reasons I gave earlier....i have no clue how KG made the team (all star troll tho....) but I could see Pierce getting the nod for no reason other than his name.

Kyrie, Deron and maybe Joe are probably locks unfortunately....Jrue will make it probably as an alternate lol. Jennings got a shoe deal yo.

This league man.

but I hope he makes it. I love all star weekend (probably more than I should) but I enjoy it a lot more when we have dudes involved....it would be awesome if Turner **** around and makes the 3pt contest lol.
Whatchu gonna do when the Stanimal gets a hold of youuuuuuuu
eyeatoma
General Manager
Posts: 8,918
And1: 23
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: Indonesia
   

Re: Raptors @ SIXERS - Friday 1/18 (7:00 PM) 

Post#180 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 am

Knux-Future wrote:
underpressure wrote:The Celtics are barely above .500. If we argue on the basis of the winning percentage, there is no way that Boston should be represented by three players. Johnson and Williams should not be together at the all star game as it is clearly Lopez who is the Nets' MVP. So at most the Nets may have two allstars.

It is reasonable to elect players to the Allstar game if there are on a winning team. But at times you may break with this rule as Deron Williams got in last year and Kevin Love twice even though their team sucked more than ours. If Holiday stays hot and we make up ground on the Bucks, then I am quite optimistic that he is in.


I hope he makes it too (if only for ore bailout calls lol) but I could him getting jobbed for those **** reasons I gave earlier....i have no clue how KG made the team (all star troll tho....) but I could see Pierce getting the nod for no reason other than his name.

Kyrie, Deron and maybe Joe are probably locks unfortunately....Jrue will make it probably as an alternate lol. Jennings got a shoe deal yo.

This league man.

but I hope he makes it. I love all star weekend (probably more than I should) but I enjoy it a lot more when we have dudes involved....it would be awesome if Turner **** around and makes the 3pt contest lol.


Joe is averaging less than Jrue...Kyrie is averaging more, but he has lower assists and his team his worse...How do you see the two of them making it. Deron was terrible this year, the only way I see him making it is if they select him based on past history...I feel there's a 75% chance Jrue makes the team. He's really a top 10-15 player at the moment, and I feel the coaches know that. These are coaches, not fans, they're not as idiotic as some of the fans who vote in KG, Dwight, and attempted to vote in Jeremy frickn LIN...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers


Users browsing this forum: bedjawII, thevidak