ImageImageImage

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Will Iguodala be a Sixer when the draft is over?

Yes, he won't be traded
45%
No, he'll be traded
55%

Total votes: 71

P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Re: Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#541 » by P2K » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

EMBRACE THE PROCESS
PhillyFan
Starter
And1: 2

Post#542 » by PhillyFan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:55 am

Knux-Future wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:OK so final thoughts of the night for me..

I think Sixers trade Iggy and it's one of the deals previously mentioned in this long ass thread.

I think fans will be generally displeased with the outcome of tomorrow night.

I think the Sixers will be a 1st round playoff exit again next season.

Anyone else have final thoughts before the big day?

That sounds about right. Add in PK5 going biblical on the FO and you got your prediction down pact.

Maybe we will see Hawes beastin' for another year since we seem to have a problem getting a legitimate big since Ratliff/Mutombo(?).
Thread title: Evan Turner Starting To Night Jody Meeks out!
PatronJames wrote:(Reads topic title) ... Ladies and gentlemen, the American Education System.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#543 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 am

P2K wrote:I'm at a loss. I swear I have never seen a sports franchise hold onto a non-star athlete so dear and tightly like I have with the Sixers with Andre Iguodala. They make it like he's made of solid gold wrapped in a bow made of Sofia Vergara's vagina.

I've never seen a fanbase cry so much about the return on a player that clearly doesn't have much trade value around the league.
d0nk
Junior
And1: 25

Post#544 » by d0nk » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 am

Kobblehead wrote:
P2K wrote:I'm at a loss. I swear I have never seen a sports franchise hold onto a non-star athlete so dear and tightly like I have with the Sixers with Andre Iguodala. They make it like he's made of solid gold wrapped in a bow made of Sofia Vergara's vagina.

I've never seen a fanbase cry so much about the return on a player that clearly doesn't have much trade value around the league.

You don't get the fanbase's apprehension to some of these trade rumors?

The decision whether or not to trade Iguodala, and if so for what, is a franchise-altering one for the 76ers. From a building block stand point, a team's strength is a factor of the assets it has at its' disposal. The 76ers have no cap room and Iguodala is their only asset.

Moving Iguodala is the only play the 76ers have - they better play it correct.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#545 » by tk76 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:34 am

Getting the #2 for Iguodala sounds to good to be true.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#546 » by ZarcMumoff » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:36 am

tk76 wrote:Getting the #2 for Iguodala sounds to good to be true.

It is, but it was fun discussion. Draft madness.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#547 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:22 am

I think getting upset at the front office without actually being present for negotiations is foolish. People are bashing them for trades that may NOT have been offered. Nobody but them will actually know what happens because there are thousands of rumors flying out there. Let's start making judgements once we see what actually happens.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#548 » by Foshan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 am

agreed. But there are some deals where it would be significantly better to just keep Iggy then to make (LAL deal).
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#549 » by P2K » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:35 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:I think getting upset at the front office without actually being present for negotiations is foolish. People are bashing them for trades that may NOT have been offered. Nobody but them will actually know what happens because there are thousands of rumors flying out there. Let's start making judgements once we see what actually happens.

I get your point, but the FO's past kinda warrants not giving them the benefit of the doubt.
EMBRACE THE PROCESS
76ersxMVP
Senior
And1: 83

Post#550 » by 76ersxMVP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 am

Give me Ellis, Josh smith, or #2. **** the lakers deal!!!
Mario Hezonja. Sixers4lyfe. The 2015 Draft is critical for our future..
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#551 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 am

P2K wrote:
kingofthecourt67 wrote:I think getting upset at the front office without actually being present for negotiations is foolish. People are bashing them for trades that may NOT have been offered. Nobody but them will actually know what happens because there are thousands of rumors flying out there. Let's start making judgements once we see what actually happens.

I get your point, but the FO's past kinda warrants not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'd agree with you if it was Billy King. However, Thorn's been on the job for less than a year, and he has built a contender before, so I'm looking at him with a glass half-full attitude right now.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#552 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 pm

d0nk wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

You don't get the fanbase's apprehension to some of these trade rumors?

The decision whether or not to trade Iguodala, and if so for what, is a franchise-altering one for the 76ers. From a building block stand point, a team's strength is a factor of the assets it has at its' disposal. The 76ers have no cap room and Iguodala is their only asset.

Exactly. There's no margin for error in an Iguodala deal.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#553 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

d0nk wrote:You don't get the fanbase's apprehension to some of these trade rumors?

I believe the fanbase is heavily understating Iguodala's little "protest" of the organization. His trade value is already low enough because of the contract. Now that teams know he wants out, it's even harder to get a good return.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#554 » by KrazySixersD » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 pm

a report says doug collins thinks odom can play center... o boy...
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#555 » by Skates » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 pm

I still think Iggy is gone before the season starts, just not sure it happens before the draft.

Iggy is the kind of player that has more value to a rising contender than anyone else, but most of the realistic discussions have been with lower level teams with high draft picks which is typical of this time of year. He's not a great fit on those teams since like the Sixers most don't have a mature Batman to be complemented by his Robin.

The deal for Kaman makes a ton of sense for LAC, but thanks to stripping their team down last year and trading away a number of draft picks, they don't ahve much in the way of assets to add to him. They are a team on the rise (until Donald screws it up somehow) and his skill fit them to a T.

The trade that makes the most sense to both teams is Ellis-Iggy and could very well go down later in the summer. I don't love the deal for the Sixers because it doesn't complement a number of players they are counting on in the future and requires the team to build a specific way to accomodate Ellis defensive shortcomings. Luckily they have a big PG who can guard SG's down the road in Holiday, so Ellis may fit better here than in most cities.

Most of the other rumors seem like media creations, or pie in the sky opening offers teams make just to see if anyone will bite. There is plenty of time to deal Iggy after the draft when the landscape is clear and the contending teams start really getting into the process.
iggypop123
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#556 » by iggypop123 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:a report says doug collins thinks odom can play center... o boy...

chris "laabraaan" broussard says dont count on a trade(with the lakers that is)
iggypop123
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#557 » by iggypop123 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 pm

just to add more to it cbs now cites a source saying there is a zero percent chance of happening
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#558 » by The Sixer Fixer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Executives disagree on how much trade activity will surround the NBA draft Thursday night, ranging in their opinions from virtually no veterans traded to a frenzy. One scenario that rival execs believe still has validity is Andre Iguodala to the Clippers.

The Sixers already have turned down the Clippers' offer of Chris Kaman and Ryan Gomes for Iguodala and Marreese Speights, and a person with knowledge of Philadelphia's stragegy said the Sixers are "not taking Kaman." It's not clear how willing the Clippers would be to give up a young asset for Iguodala. The better way to put it is, how much of an asset would it take to entice the Sixers to take Kaman, who only has one year and $12.2 million left on his contract. Iguodala is famously owed $44 million over the next three years.

Given that pricetag, it's no surprise that the Clippers have not yet offered their most valuable asset this side of Blake Griffin -- Minnesota's unprotected No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft. And almost certainly won't.

Due to his versatility as a defender, Iguodala has a broader market than some of the other one-dimensional veterans mentioned on the trade market, such as Monta Ellis, a pure scorer who sources say now appears more likely to be dealt sometime next season rather than before the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement June 30. Rival execs continue to believe that the Bulls, badly in need of a perimeter scorer to take the pressure off Derrick Rose, will play a prominent role in those discussions once the CBA dust settles.

A long-discussed possibility sending Iguodala to Golden State for Ellis is "not dead, but not real hot," said a person connected to the talks. As for an Iguodala-for-Lamar Odom swap with the Lakers, nothing there -- "zero" -- said a source.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/m ... 3/30211074
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#559 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm

There is a god.

Clippers withholding teh Prince?

Weird.
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers