ImageImageImage

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Will Iguodala be a Sixer when the draft is over?

Yes, he won't be traded
45%
No, he'll be traded
55%

Total votes: 71

Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Re: Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#81 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:47 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:He hasnt publically asked for a trade but his actions gave them the feeling he didnt want to be here.

I think its a combo of Turner and him being duplicate type players and the fact that he royally ticked them off with the missed exit interview end of season.

They also know he is their most valuable asset so they need to explore that.

Its not impossible that they dont trade him.....but I think they really want to. And really want to pre lockout.

SF,

What type of scorer/bad contract could we expect for Nocioni plus?
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#82 » by steveb21 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

My feeling is that he queitly forced a trade...maybe not by actually coming out and asking to be traded but all his actions pointed to him not wanting to be here.

I also think that Thorn is smart enough to know that we'll be just fine without him.

I have to wonder who plays the 3 in the event of an Iggy/Ellis trade. Do you put Turner there and let him play point-forward? Does Thad get back in the starting lineup or do you draft a Jordan Hamilton in the hopes that he becomes your starter?
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#83 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:
sixerfan1976 wrote:He hasnt publically asked for a trade but his actions gave them the feeling he didnt want to be here.

I think its a combo of Turner and him being duplicate type players and the fact that he royally ticked them off with the missed exit interview end of season.

They also know he is their most valuable asset so they need to explore that.

Its not impossible that they dont trade him.....but I think they really want to. And really want to pre lockout.

SF,

What type of scorer/bad contract could we expect for Nocioni plus?

Nothing earth shattering...I dont think they will take a bad contract unless the player was very good....which means it probably wasnt a bad contract. If they dont like what they see with him..they probably just keep him. Its the third priority behind moving Iguodala and Speights.
Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Post#84 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 pm

SF,

Any talk of buying another 1st rder? There are some talented players projected to go mid to late 20s.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#85 » by KrazySixersD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 pm

iguodala also looks like he could be done being mr. ironman as well... he has some injuries that chould become chronic

you guys act like kaman is hawes

they are so far apart in terms of skill at the center position that its funny. Kaman, if healthy, which i know isnt certain, helps this team more than iguodala

kaman over hawes is much bigger difference than iguodala over turner
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#86 » by Gsraider » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:53 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:And I dont think Kaman, Aminu, 2nd round upgrade pick is complete crap to be honest. Kaman's value is his expiring. Aminu has upside. For some reason they see something in this Warren guy too..I dont know anything about him tho.

They can fill one need by dealing Iguodala..scoring or a big man(albeit temporary). Its gonna be tough to fill the other need though unless they trade their pick or a guy they want to keep(Lou)

Thanks for the updates SF even if you would prefer to stop giving them. I also don't see the deal as crap as you described it, but it also doesn't sound as though the other parts are a given either. It doesn't excite me at all mind you, but I have seen worse, particularly is Kaman is actually healthy. I just question his fit somewhat. What I really don't get is why they are so apparently adamant about keeping Lou.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#87 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:and the fact that he royally ticked them off with the missed exit interview end of season.

"...but but but but but he had a doctor's appointment" - Iguodala apologist.

:lol:
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm

they wouldnt buy another 1st rounder.......and pay the 2nd guaranteed contract....but if you do the clips deal...you could get someone at 37 you felt had a first round grade.

and to the other question on who plays SF...in an ellis deal..turner or thad.

In a Kaman deal...Thad or Aminu or Nocioni or a guy you acquire for Nocioni. Clips deal still leaves us without a scorer.

The question I guess for the audience is..which is harder to get...scoring or a big man?
Gsraider
Starter

Post#89 » by Gsraider » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:Its the third priority behind moving Iguodala and Speights.

I would guess they have already had discussions with the Blazers. I wonder if that #1 pick for him is still an option.
Bring Back 1983
Sophomore

Post#90 » by Bring Back 1983 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 pm

I actually think either trade helps the Sixers. I really think if we were not the home of Allen Iverson for 10 plus years (i.e. "here comes another undersized SG with poor shot selection"), the anti-Monta bias would not be as bad here. We need a scorer in the worst way and that happens to be something he does very well.

That said, if this rumor is true that the Clips are now reconsidering adding the Minny pick to Kaman, Rod should hang up the phone with Golden State and change his cell phone number.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 pm

make no mistake about it..he skipped the interview.

thats all i can really say guys...i will be watching the rest of the week with anticipation just like you all.

I think they like Vucevic for 16...Markieff 2nd but I dont know how Donatas fits in.......depends how he worked out today I guess.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#92 » by KrazySixersD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 pm

if minnys pick is included, we go the kaman route... otherwise i think the monta deal is the one i favor...

for this reason.. jrue is 20, turner 22, and monta 25, and thad 21 or 22?... thats quite a dang nucleus right there..

use the MLE to find another big body at Center for now
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 pm

That minny pick isnt available to my knowledge in this deal. That #11 pick is interesting tho with the Warriors. You can definitely get Vucevic at 11 but can you get him at 16? Maybe not.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#94 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:iguodala also looks like he could be done being mr. ironman as well... he has some injuries that chould become chronic

they are so far apart in terms of skill at the center position that its funny. Kaman, if healthy, which i know isnt certain, helps this team more than iguodala

Well if Yao is healthy he's better than Kaman or Hawes, so let's get him :wink:

Kaman has had one healthy season in the last 4 years, banking on him to be healthy now is irrational.

There's a difference between Kaman versus Hawes and Iguodala versus Turner; there is only one center position and two wing positions. Yeah, the shooting is less than ideal but Iguodala/Turner can be a great defensive combo. If Iguodala is gone, then who can cover wings besides Turner?
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Two things i was told over weekend......that i believe to be true.
1) Minny pick isnt available in LAC deal
2) GS wants us to take biedrins in any Ellis deal

If Thorn can get the status of either of the above to change......that impacts either trade significantly. I dont know for a fact that the rumors of either being possible is accurate though.
Tension
Sixth Man
And1: 121

Post#96 » by Tension » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Jesus, drafting Vucevic over Markieff and dealing Iggy to LAC for that deal are the two LEAST things I want to do for this franchise.

Damn.

btw isn't Vucevic projected late first round? Who would reach with a lottery pick+15?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#97 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:iguodala also looks like he could be done being mr. ironman as well... he has some injuries that chould become chronic

Well if Yao is healthy he's better than Kaman or Hawes, so let's get him :wink:

Kaman has had one healthy season in the last 4 years, banking on him to be healthy now is irrational.

There's a difference between Kaman versus Hawes and Iguodala versus Turner; there is only one center position and two wing positions. Yeah, the shooting is less than ideal but Iguodala/Turner can be a great defensive combo. If Iguodala is gone, then who can cover wings besides Turner?

*insert* MLE free agent
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#98 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't like Vukevic. He's seems like a prodder with no upside. Kind of like a post injury and aging Ilguaskas.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#99 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm

If there is an MLE in the new CBA
Gsraider
Starter

Post#100 » by Gsraider » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:09 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:That #11 pick is interesting tho with the Warriors. You can definitely get Vucevic at 11 but can you get him at 16? Maybe not.

I wonder if Philly would take back Beidrens back in a deal with Ellis if they got the 11th pick back from the Warriors (not a swap with the #16) for say Iguodala and Nocioni. I don't want Beidrens, but at #11 and #16, I wonder if you can land your big man first and possibly another or swing man to replace Iguodala next. In the meantime, Beidrens would be vastly overpaid, but probably no worse than the type of crap you could expect to get with the MLE or via trade with what Philly would have left after the Iguodala deal.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers