ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Pacers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

phillybird
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Re: Sixers vs Pacers 

Post#221 » by phillybird » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am

Is it just me or are the Pacers really unlikable?
nickbman
Starter
And1: 32

Post#222 » by nickbman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 am

Mike Louch wrote:
JrueDatET wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:btw... turner has .... ZERO FT ATTEMPTS

if doug collins doesnt start speaking out about this bull **** im going to start thinking hes working against us

How many times does Jrue get to the line? And what is his % from there?

Krazy's saying their not calling fouls in our favor and he's right. ET was hacked when he drove to the hoop nearly all night.

We never get calls when we go to the rim. It's been a pattern for past couple years now.
Mike Louch
Senior
And1: 1

Post#223 » by Mike Louch » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

Knux-Future wrote:Evan is going to shank a ref after this game so I expect hi to be out for the next...year or twenty.
haha, yea I don't know who's crazier. Him or Psycho T. Evan wants to win so bad, such a shame outside of him and Jrue wit Thad the team is a collection of borderline stiffs.
NBA 2K12 Champ!!!!
MBash721
Senior
And1: 106

Post#224 » by MBash721 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

Spencer Hawes shot the ball solid tonight, but only grabbing 3 rebounds in 24 minutes is pathetic
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#225 » by roma258 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

Is JRich hurt or something? Didn't see him much in the second half. Also his game has really trailed off from early season form. EV looked pretty alone out there, aside from a few sparks from Hawes and Thad.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#226 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

jruedatet... chill out... im not attacking turner im saying we get **** by the refs every damn **** game

jrue holiday and evan turner are my 1a and 1b favorite players in the entire nba..... i dont know why im being accused of waring between the 2....

im just trying to defend holiday... because he gets way too much heat like turner did last year... turner is finally being used right and look whats happening, hes balling... that should surprise no one

this team is in MASSIVE **** trouble

we have 2 players on this team currently ACTIVE that are worth keeping long term... thad is playing his ass off but he is not a starting PF in the nba... he just isnt
Mike Louch
Senior

Post#227 » by Mike Louch » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

MBash721 wrote:Spencer Hawes shot the ball solid tonight, but only grabbing 3 rebounds in 24 minutes is pathetic

Soft.
NBA 2K12 Champ!!!!
THFMDA
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#228 » by THFMDA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

And half the people on this board didn't want Hibbert? Look what he did to us..
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#229 » by thenbaman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

This is what we are a 500 team.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#230 » by cksdayoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

Hawes not being able to convert inside the paint is what lost us this game. The guy is the softest pu$$y i've seen in decades, ostertag had more balls than this guy.
#failforfultz
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,809

Post#231 » by Mik317 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

KrazySixersD wrote:
Knux-Future wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:we are going to lose yet another close game....

this is getting hard to handle.... think i'd rather just get blown out

Look at it like this...

Turner is ballin....but LeBron couldn't pull some of these scrubs to a win.

We have 3 solid pieces in Jrue, Evan and Thad...that is a start as all of them are young and not in their primes yet...we just gotta build wiht guys who don't suck.

This is a building year. Relax

knux you should realize what you just said more than anyone.... isnt this the same trap we keep falling for... how many years have we been saying these same things about young players and building up?

i agree that its awesome to see jrue and turner be so great... and honestly this is the best our future has looked, but im seriously running out of patience

we have a superstar and an all star out of this game... it sucks knowing that...

we are going to be the same team we've been for a DECADE even tho we got players that should make us top 3 in the east

game over, we lose another close game.... lakers are going to BLOW US OUT sunday... we will be .500... with a murderous 8 game road trip coming up

this team is going to the lottery

and this is a bad thing? If any thing that would be the perfect storm of sorts, we would be able to get that next "piece" potentially for cheap and still have cap space...or we could pull a Boston and package it for someone good.

We aren't going to win a chip this season, so whatever happens this season is pointless. It's all about seeign what we have. With Iggy it wasn't about that because he honestly was the only "young" talent we had (and eventually Thad). Hell Thad was teh last lottery trip we had until the Eddie Jordan year and by then it was too late as Iggy was done.

If we can enter the nest season with Jrue, Turner, Thad, Draft Pick and maybe even Bynum...we are looking good..

The thing is that we aren't stuck due to having tons of options. We can build to "contend" now if Bynum is real. Or we can easily rebuild quickly due to our youth.

Easier said that done...but we have options due to having multiple guys worth keeping instead of just Iggy.

Maybe I am wrong but that's why I'm not panicing or getting too hype yet.

I'm not even worried about the future because there are tons of ways we can go IMO.

I could be wrong.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MBash721
Senior
And1: 106

Post#232 » by MBash721 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 am

Mike Louch wrote:
Knux-Future wrote:Evan is going to shank a ref after this game so I expect hi to be out for the next...year or twenty.
haha, yea I don't know who's crazier. Him or Psycho T. Evan wants to win so bad, such a shame outside of him and Jrue wit Thad the team is a collection of borderline stiffs.

yes

but on the other hand, if Bynum was/gets healthy, a core 4 of Jrue/Turner/Thad/Bynum is very very good and still very young.

Then, all of a sudden, guys like JRich, Young, Hawes, Wright, and Allen are asked to do less and play a more comfortable role for what they are and its a good and solidly deep team.

When you have to start guys like Lavoy Allen or Kwame Brown, and Nick Young, it weakens the bench and the starting lineup isnt as good as normal.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#233 » by cksdayoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

THFMDA wrote:And half the people on this board didn't want Hibbert? Look what he did to us..

Hibbert went up against the likes of Lavoy and Hawes. come on now
#failforfultz
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#234 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 am

2 things are evident.... wright and nick young to this point have not been anywhere close to where we needed them to be...

another thing... hawes needs more playing time... i know hes a soft pussy, but we HAVE to get a big in there that can score he also atleast offers some length...

i really think we are going to finish below .500 if bynum doesnt come back
Mike Louch
Senior

Post#235 » by Mike Louch » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

KrazySixersD wrote:jruedatet... chill out... im not attacking turner im saying we get **** by the refs every damn **** game

jrue holiday and evan turner are my 1a and 1b favorite players in the entire nba..... i dont know why im being accused of waring between the 2....

im just trying to defend holiday... because he gets way too much heat like turner did last year... turner is finally being used right and look whats happening, hes balling... that should surprise no one

this team is in MASSIVE **** trouble

we have 2 players on this team currently ACTIVE that are worth keeping long term... thad is playing his ass off but he is not a starting PF in the nba... he just isnt

Truth

We missed Jrue tonight. He would have allowed ET to D up Paul George. Different game. Unfortunately the front court would have still have been abused. Not enough/any talented big bodies.
NBA 2K12 Champ!!!!
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,809

Post#236 » by Mik317 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

Hibbert was fat and slow in college. I'll admit I was crazy against drafting him...Dude put in work to lose weight and add to his game...

but with our luck he would have ate his way out of the league here...or have a heart attack...that destroys his knees somehow because why not......while bowling.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
THFMDA
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#237 » by THFMDA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

When the leading rebounder for our team was the PG Evan Turner that is where the real problem is. Hawes/Lavoy/Kwame should haven easily had 25-30 rebounds combined. Lavoy and Hawes COMBINED for 5 rebounds tonight. That is absolutly PATHETIC! Even Dorell Wright had 9 rebounds tonight. Our front court play is well below average.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#238 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 am

i agree with bynum this team is a top 3 team in the east... then jrich and lavoy and nick young have such an easy job...

jrue and turner have easier jobs too... our bigs are all the sudden a big strength

im worried tho that bynum is just a myth... that he will never be the same guy again... i hope im wrong but i mean for **** sakes if we take off our rosey glasses this injury thing looks horrific

how he plays all last season and now cant even walk without pain is just beyond me but its not a good sign...

maybe he comes back in january and all the sudden we are beasting, but thats just too good to be true

at the end of this season, assuming bynum is not what we thought... im going after gortat with everything i have... phx is losing love for him... ill take back a bad contract like beasley just to get him if i have too... thad, hawes, kwame for beasley and gortat.... gortat is a very good center

beasley can be told either man the **** up and learn to play PF or you get no PT... play like a pot head and you rot on the bench

if he doesnt work out then i dont even care becuause atleast we have a center.... then throw a **** ton of money at josh smith

jrue
jrich
turner
josh smith/beasley/moultrie
gortat/allen/moultrie

fill out the rest of the roster
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#239 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 am

Well, Turner hit the over, at least?

Now, its clearly time to have a 6 page blow up about something ridiculous while I sleep.

Moultrie versus Lavoy?
Vucevic's 17 rebounds?
Nah, go with Wayns or something unexpected... Brackins. Time to yell about Brackins.
Mike Louch
Senior

Post#240 » by Mike Louch » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

Nick young was 4-14? Jrich 1-6. Like Holiday is hurt guys. Pick it up.

Kwame 1 rebound but good D on Hibbert.
My boy Thad disappeared after the first half.

ET is going to be a beast. Kid can do it all.
NBA 2K12 Champ!!!!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers