ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1401 » by the_process » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Does this seem reasonable or is this totally crazy? I have heard POR is high on Chandler and SAC wants a rim protector.

DEN gets MIA 1st via PHI and Wright
PHI gets Stauskas, Williams, Leonard, and POR 1st
POR gets Chandler and Sessions
SAC gets McGee and Foye

Not sure what other rim protectors could be available, most of the teams that have them are either going to or want to make the playoffs. Another idea would be:

PHI gets Stauskas, Williams, and Goodwin
PHX gets MIA 1st
SAC gets Plumlee

Can't decide if asking for Warren instead of Goodwin is a deal breaker.
phantom84
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#1402 » by phantom84 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:39 am

oyoyer wrote:Does this seem reasonable or is this totally crazy? I have heard POR is high on Chandler and SAC wants a rim protector.

DEN gets MIA 1st via PHI and Wright
PHI gets Stauskas, Williams, Leonard, and POR 1st
POR gets Chandler and Sessions
SAC gets McGee and Foye

Not sure what other rim protectors could be available, most of the teams that have them are either going to or want to make the playoffs. Another idea would be:

PHI gets Stauskas, Williams, and Goodwin
PHX gets MIA 1st
SAC gets Plumlee

Can't decide if asking for Warren instead of Goodwin is a deal breaker.

Nah I am not high on Staukas at all especially when we can use the Mia 1st as some sort of deal to move up the draft and get Hezonja who is going to fall between 6-12. Hezonja is a better prospect than Staukas since he is bigger and more athletic.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,896

Post#1403 » by Wilfried » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 pm

I'm thinking our biggest chance for a star in the next years is Paul George.

I really can't see him staying in Indiana. The supporting cast around him is old, overpayed and not talented enough. And they have big contract no one will take on.

There just isn't a future for Indiana, I can see George returning and demanding a trade next season.
I think, if he comes 'on the market', we would go after him (only if he proves to come back at his former level off course).

Would you do: Saric + 2016 1st + filler (Wroten?) for Paul George?
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#1404 » by wickedwrister » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Wilfried wrote:I'm thinking our biggest chance for a star in the next years is Paul George.

I really can't see him staying in Indiana. The supporting cast around him is old, overpayed and not talented enough. And they have big contract no one will take on.

There just isn't a future for Indiana, I can see George returning and demanding a trade next season.
I think, if he comes 'on the market', we would go after him (only if he proves to come back at his former level off course).

I actually think the next two superstars who could become available are Rose and George. I don't think Saric plus a later first would be enough to get him. They would probably ask for a combo of Noel + Saric + 1st. A lot of what Philly would be willing to offer depends on who gets taken with the 2015 1st. If its another big Noel and Saric will be available. If its a wing then the need to trade one of them goes down and you can be more creative with what you offer.
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#1405 » by OleSchool » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Wilfried wrote:I'm thinking our biggest chance for a star in the next years is Paul George.

I just don't see PG as the type of guy who would demand a trade. If he did I would do the deal you mentioned. IND wouldn't, but I would :lol:
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#1406 » by BoomBap » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 pm

noel+saric+first 2016+filler for george

daaaamn, george-towns-embiid

the nba is not ready for this, so this will never happen.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1407 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Miami first and hollis Thompson for Nik Stauskus.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#1408 » by OleSchool » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:17 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Miami first and hollis Thompson for Nik Stauskus.

Kings want a rim protector
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1409 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 pm

OleSchool wrote:

KJ Mcdaniels lol.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#1410 » by OleSchool » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:
OleSchool wrote:

KJ Mcdaniels lol.

:lol: I think they want a more "traditional" low post rim protector.

Im with you, I really wish there was a way we could get Nik. Has to some type of 3-way, unless we wanna give up Noel

freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#1411 » by freshie2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:29 am

Aldemir and KJ for Stauskas or Mclemore? Maybe part with a pick?
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#1412 » by Mr Sixer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:07 am

freshie2 wrote:Aldemir and KJ for Stauskas or Mclemore? Maybe part with a pick?

this is horrible, i wouldnt trade kj for stauskas straight up
the_process
RealGM

Post#1413 » by the_process » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 am

Just a small idea, it's time to get a vet backup PG... GSW and HOU 2nds to DEN for Jameer Nelson. Expiring contract next year at a very reasonable 2.75m salary. Gives some mentorship to the young bucks with TGFA (who I would bet money Hinkie re-signs). Only giving up what should be the 57th and 60th picks. I would prefer to only send one, but don't know if DEN would do it for only one.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#1414 » by ckchen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 am

oyoyer wrote:Just a small idea, it's time to get a vet backup PG... GSW and HOU 2nds to DEN for Jameer Nelson. Expiring contract next year at a very reasonable 2.75m salary. Gives some mentorship to the young bucks with TGFA (who I would bet money Hinkie re-signs). Only giving up what should be the 57th and 60th picks. I would prefer to only send one, but don't know if DEN would do it for only one.

Zero interest. Jameer has a player option that he could decide to pick up. Why pay almost $3M/yr and 2 draft picks (no matter how low) - for a PG mentor when you can just sign someone off the street (Jordan Farmar, John Lucas, Will Bynum, A.J. Price, Mike James, etc.) if you absolutely had to have one?
the_process
RealGM

Post#1415 » by the_process » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:51 am

ckchen wrote:
oyoyer wrote:Just a small idea, it's time to get a vet backup PG... GSW and HOU 2nds to DEN for Jameer Nelson. Expiring contract next year at a very reasonable 2.75m salary. Gives some mentorship to the young bucks with TGFA (who I would bet money Hinkie re-signs). Only giving up what should be the 57th and 60th picks. I would prefer to only send one, but don't know if DEN would do it for only one.

Zero interest. Jameer has a player option that he could decide to pick up. Why pay almost $3M/yr and 2 draft picks (no matter how low) - for a PG mentor when you can just sign someone off the street (Jordan Farmar, John Lucas, Will Bynum, A.J. Price, Mike James, etc.) if you absolutely had to have one?

That's fair, but also Nelson is better than all those guys. The Sixers aren't signing anyone this summer and he expires when they will. I actually would want him to pick up his option. Anyway, again I get you'd rather have assets and just keep plugging along but the 57th and 60th picks for a hometown guy that could be a great mentor to MCW doesn't seem like a high price, and also to reiterate if DEN would do it for one pick even better but I have no idea how they value Nelson.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#1416 » by ckchen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

oyoyer wrote:
ckchen wrote:

That's fair, but also Nelson is better than all those guys. The Sixers aren't signing anyone this summer and he expires when they will. I actually would want him to pick up his option. Anyway, again I get you'd rather have assets and just keep plugging along but the 57th and 60th picks for a hometown guy that could be a great mentor to MCW doesn't seem like a high price, and also to reiterate if DEN would do it for one pick even better but I have no idea how they value Nelson.

But...who cares if he's better? You yourself said that he would be there to be a backup PG and to mentor. Whoever it is would play limited minutes off the bench as probably a 3rd string PG. He's not going to be a difference maker in games and suddenly push the team to a playoff run. So again, why bother spending anything more than you have to (in this case, a late 2nd rounder (or two) plus $2M+ extra dollars) for someone who's just there to mentor, when you can sign someone off the street to serve the same role for 1/3 the pricetag and no picks?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#1417 » by Frank Lee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:56 am

What would you guys offer up for the Morris Brothers ? Their Philly-tude is trying the patience of the Phnx Front Office. They are informally tabled for the right offer. Might pair up well with your young Cs. Have to take them both of course, as they share one brain.

IThomas could be an odd man out too. The peeweePG is dumping some points on everyone.
What ? Me Worry ?
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#1418 » by OleSchool » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 am

Frank Lee wrote:What would you guys offer up for the Morris Brothers ? Their Philly-tude is trying the patience of the Phnx Front Office. They are informally tabled for the right offer. Might pair up well with your young Cs. Have to take them both of course, as they share one brain.

IThomas could be an odd man out too. The peeweePG is dumping some points on everyone.

Nothing, we wouldn't trade for the Morris bros. Now if you wanna put Goodwin on the table....... :lol:

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1419 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 5, 2015 1:52 am

Sixers trade: Sims, Thompson, ORL 2nd, NO 2nd
Sixers receive: Papanikolou, Dorsey and NO 1st

Knicks trade: Calderon
Knicks receive: Nick Johnson, NO 2nd

Rockets trade: Papanikolou, Dorsey, Johnson NO 1st
Rockets receive: Calderon, Sims, Thompson, ORL 2nd

Sixers get a first while only taking on $4 million next year. Seconds can be replaced by taking on other small salary dumps.

Knicks get under the tax, a recent second with some promise, and a 2nd while shedding Calderon's salary going forward.

Rockets improve their point guard situation and bench while barely cutting into their cap space for next year by losing Papanikolou.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1420 » by the_process » Fri Feb 6, 2015 5:48 am

BullyKing wrote:Sixers trade: Sims, Thompson, ORL 2nd, NO 2nd
Sixers receive: Papanikolou, Dorsey and NO 1st

Knicks trade: Calderon
Knicks receive: Nick Johnson, NO 2nd

Rockets trade: Papanikolou, Dorsey, Johnson NO 1st
Rockets receive: Calderon, Sims, Thompson, ORL 2nd

Sixers get a first while only taking on $4 million next year. Seconds can be replaced by taking on other small salary dumps.

Knicks get under the tax, a recent second with some promise, and a 2nd while shedding Calderon's salary going forward.

Rockets improve their point guard situation and bench while barely cutting into their cap space for next year by losing Papanikolou.

Love the idea, but Papanikalou is not a negative value player (his contract is actually UNG next year). I also can't see Morey agreeing to use the NOP pick to acquire Calderon, and by some long shot they would, the Knicks would just cut the Sixers out of the deal. You could do two seperate deals:

GSW 2nd to NYK for Calderon
Then turn around and send Calderon (by himself) to HOU for Papanikalou and Terry if you wanted to take a flier on the Greek kid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers