FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1261 » by FlightBrothers » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
What kind of value does everyone think a package of MCW and the rights to Saric has? Is there a PG out there who you would rather have developing with Embiid/Noel?

Or is there a SG you would want to trade for, and then try to draft Mudiay at PG?

My vote is to consider having 2 PGs, as long as one can really shoot well and one can defend bigger guards. If MCW hasn't figured that out by end of next season and Mudiay/Hezonja/whomever hasn't shown that they can space the floor, then I think it makes sense to see what can be had for the pick or MCW.

And what PG is out there that can "really shoot well", and would have a legit chance of being traded for?

Goran Dragic??
TigerInYourTank
Senior
And1: 198

Post#1262 » by TigerInYourTank » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
What kind of value does everyone think a package of MCW and the rights to Saric has? Is there a PG out there who you would rather have developing with Embiid/Noel?

Or is there a SG you would want to trade for, and then try to draft Mudiay at PG?

My vote is to consider having 2 PGs, as long as one can really shoot well and one can defend bigger guards. If MCW hasn't figured that out by end of next season and Mudiay/Hezonja/whomever hasn't shown that they can space the floor, then I think it makes sense to see what can be had for the pick or MCW.

And what PG is out there that can "really shoot well", and would have a legit chance of being traded for?

That's a difficult question. I'm not saying that we should necessarily look for another PG, though. I just think we shouldn't rule out having 2 play together (like Mudiay + MCW, for example, if one of them can really shoot). If MCW hasn't figured out his shooting issues by the end of the year, then my guess is that his trade value would not garner much. What do you think?
TigerInYourTank
Senior
And1: 198

Post#1263 » by TigerInYourTank » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:20 pm

FlightBrothers wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:

Goran Dragic??

Yeah, I assumed the profile of the desired player would be someone younger than Dragic.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1264 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 pm

I just don't think 2 PG's is the right solution. You need a combination of skills in the NBA. A scorer/shooter at the "2" position, should be a true SG IMO. And a PG should be a true PG.

Mark Jackson/Reggie Miller
Parker/Ginobili
Rondo/Pierce
Billups/Rip
Fisher/Kobe
Stockton/Hornacek

Those are the kind of playoff combo's at the 1/2 spots that work well together. I'll add Snow/Iverson only because IMO Iverson was never well suited to play PG. He had a scorer's mentality and could shoot well enough to play SG.

So yeah...if MCW is going to be the PG in the Sixers future plans, I firmly believe you need a shooter/scorer with a game similar to the above list to go alongside him. Klay Thompson is the obvious choice, but not necessarily realistic. Next up would be Bradley Beal, again unrealistic though. I think you could pull off a MCW/Steph Curry backcourt because IMO Curry is as close to SG as you get from the "PG" spot on the floor.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#1265 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Our core + Stephen Curry = :droop:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1266 » by the_process » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:02 am

A max offer sheet to Klay Thompson next off season would be nice...
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1267 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:44 pm

oyoyer wrote:A max offer sheet to Klay Thompson next off season would be nice...

I could definitely see that happening. I could also see GSW matching the offer sheet.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#1268 » by MRxBLACK » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:19 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
oyoyer wrote:A max offer sheet to Klay Thompson next off season would be nice...

I could definitely see that happening. I could also see GSW matching the offer sheet.

Nothing to lose by trying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
ESPN Sucks
the_process
RealGM

Post#1269 » by the_process » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:54 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:

Yep, can definitely see them matching it. And I wouldn't want to give up their asking price for a S&T most likely, either. But it's worth trying. Not sure what other trades to propose right now that haven't already been proposed. Young wing scorers... Eh, got nothing. :dontknow:
the_process
RealGM

Post#1270 » by the_process » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:17 am

Time to start the KJ McDaniels trade rumors lol

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#1271 » by 76ersfan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Any ideas for a Perkins salary dump?? I think that would be a good idea for us and OKC.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#1272 » by Double Helix » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:32 am

Is Sims hurt? Why only 9 minutes after going 2 for 2 to start the game?
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1273 » by MountainDrew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 am

Double Helix wrote:Is Sims hurt? Why only 9 minutes after going 2 for 2 to start the game?

Was in foul trouble pretty much all game.
Trust the Process
x-
Analyst
And1: 133

Post#1274 » by x- » Tue Nov 4, 2014 11:52 pm

Hello. I come in peace. :)

I was wondering how y'all felt about Noel's play early on and his fit next to Embiid in the long run.

I'm skeptical, personally and was wondering if you'd consider trading Noel if the pieces are right? Would Terrence Jones, Motiejunas and the Pelicans 2015 first rounder (inverse lottery protected, i.e. guaranteed to be a lottery pick) intrigue you, for example? Rockets would likely need a third team like Philly to do a Rondo deal with the Celtics.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#1275 » by MRxBLACK » Wed Nov 5, 2014 12:09 am

x- wrote:Hello. I come in peace. :)

I was wondering how y'all felt about Noel's play early on and his fit next to Embiid in the long run.

I'm skeptical, personally and was wondering if you'd consider trading Noel if the pieces are right? Would Terrence Jones, Motiejunas and the Pelicans 2015 first rounder (inverse lottery protected, i.e. guaranteed to be a lottery pick) intrigue you, for example? Rockets would likely need a third team like Philly to do a Rondo deal with the Celtics.

Sorry man. No interest from me at all.
ESPN Sucks
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1276 » by BullyKing » Wed Nov 5, 2014 12:22 am

MRxBLACK wrote:

Sorry man. No interest from me at all.

Pretty much.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Phil_E_Moose
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#1277 » by Phil_E_Moose » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:35 pm

I agree that I wouldn't do that trade, and would also say that I think he'd be a really bad fit next to Dwight.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1278 » by Ericb5 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 3:47 pm

I think that the jury is certainly still out on how well Embiid and Noel will play together, but it is too early to worry about it. If we end up with the first or second pick in the upcoming draft and can therefore get Okafor or Towns then I think that either one of them probably fit next to Embiid better than Noel will, but even then, it would be too early to trade Noel.

If we do ultimately decide that Noel needs to be traded for the benefit of the team then there will be no shortage of interest around the league which would exceed the package that you suggested. Noel is the type of player that could fit easily on most teams in the league.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#1279 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:55 pm

Ericb5 wrote:

I think that the jury is certainly still out on how well Embiid and Noel will play together, but it is too early to worry about it. If we end up with the first or second pick in the upcoming draft and can therefore get Okafor or Towns then I think that either one of them probably fit next to Embiid better than Noel will, but even then, it would be too early to trade Noel.

If we do ultimately decide that Noel needs to be traded for the benefit of the team then there will be no shortage of interest around the league which would exceed the package that you suggested. Noel is the type of player that could fit easily on most teams in the league.

Umm what ? Ok afar and Towns arent better fits from the simple fact that they move like Centers. They are not as mobile as PF's and can't guard them either. However Noel is a PF who is raw offensively but we will have Embiid as our go to option in the post . Noel just has to hustle and defend that's it. You also don't need a stretch big to be successful with a post player like Embiid. Duncan one with Spltter and many other non shooting big men. Shaq won with Horace Grant... Let Noel Develop sheesh!
Krash94
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#1280 » by Krash94 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:31 pm

Waiters and the Sixers: The perfect match

There are many reasons why Waiters fits in Philly. To say the Sixers need talent is obvious, but they also could use a young veteran a little further along in his development to complement raw talents such as Nerlens Noel and injured rookie Joel Embiid.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... waters-nba

Here we go again....again.
AKA Doing Wrong @ButSpeakinRight

"Not what Philadelphia is doing right now, which is embarrassing," -Stan Van Gundy
"But dem Pistons tho"- Krash

Return to Philadelphia 76ers