ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1221 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I don't think McRae is going to be good enough to end up as the scoring threat you need off the bench on a competitive team. And I don't like Saric at the SF spot. He plays down low a lot, and that wouldn't flow well IMO with Noel and Embiid on the court together, which is why I proposed trading him.

And like I said, it's just a game for fantasy purposes. Wondering what the value of the 3 assets when packaged together. What kind of scoring wing player can be had (and who would it be?) in exchange for Saric, Bennett, and either the 2015 or 2016 1st round pick.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#1222 » by FlightBrothers » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Let's find a way for the following to occur:

Sixers have Embiid at C, Noel at PF. Let's assume Sixers draft or sign backups at PF and C. Sixers have MCW at PG and Wroten as backup PG. Sixers have KJ McDaniels, who I think can be a starting wing player, and Jerami Grant, who I believe can be a good backup wing to KJ.

Sixers need 2 things IMO. 1 is an all around scorer. Someone who can simply put points on the board from anywhere on the floor, but who is consistent from 3pt land. And then a backup player similar to this.

Let's play a game. Use Bennett, the rights to Saric, and the 2015 and 2016 1st round picks to acquire the above mentioned 2 SG/SF's.

GO!

Steph Curry...Steph Curry...Steph Curry...for any of the above combination...i know a pipedream...
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1223 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Interesting. I had not thought about Curry as an option. I wonder how well he would fit with MCW.

If the Sixers somehow land the #1 overall pick in 2015, does anyone here wait until after the draft, then trade that pick plus rights to Saric, 2016 1st and Bennett in exchange for Curry? Does GSW even like that deal?

They essentially be getting a mid 1st in the 2016 draft, Okafor, Bennett, and Saric. Not sure they bite on the deal.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1224 » by MountainDrew » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm

There is literally no reason for GSW to give up their GSW to give up their Win now status with Curry for a rebuild. No1 pick is not going to get it done.
Trust the Process
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1225 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:17 pm

MountainDrew wrote:There is literally no reason for GSW to give up their GSW to give up their Win now status with Curry for a rebuild. No1 pick is not going to get it done.

Well....obviously. I was not seriously considering it. that's why it's a fantasy.

But let's say we eliminate Curry from the talks. Who else can y'all think of?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#1226 » by MountainDrew » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Bradley Beal would be nice if WAshington one day decide to blow it all up. Terrence Ross would perhaps be another. James Harden would fit because his defense would be masked a bit (not saying I want him because he's a massive douchebag). Bledsoe and Klay Thompson would fit. Maybe Tobias Harris. Other than that, there really aren't a whole lot of good scoring wing players in the nba today, not players that aren't too old at least.

Bradley Beal would be my favourite. Would give up Saric and the 2015 pick for him, probably Bennett as well.

MCW
Beal
McDaniels
Noel
Embiid

Backup is whoever.

Btw, sorry for my last comment, obviously this is a fantasy trade thread that aren't meant to all be real suggestions. oh and 51X3RF4N, could you maybe change your sig to NerlEns instead of NerlIns Noel please? Kind of annoys me when names are spelled incorrectly.
Trust the Process
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1227 » by the_process » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 am

Klay Thompson is a guy I would seriously consider offering a max deal to. Especially if I was convinced the cap was going way up after the new TV rights deal. You can get him for nothing but $$$ next summer. But just speaking value wise, the Sixers 2015 1st plus Bennett is good for a guy that GSW could lose. Bring Saric over.

Embiid/Sims/Varnado
Noel/Saric/Roberts
McDaniels/HThompson/Grant
KThompson/McRae/Williams
MCW/Wroten/Jackson

Or if you REALLY want to go crazy, and this is of course not realistic at all; offer Noel and MCW and Bennett and 2015 1st and Wroten and Grant for all of Barnes and Curry and Klay.

Embiid
Saric
Barnes/McDaniels
Klay/McDaniels
Curry
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#1228 » by BNelley24 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Do you guys think the Bulls would take Thad Young for Doug McDermott hypothetically?
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#1229 » by BoomBap » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Gibson,Mirotic,Gasol, Noah

I don't think they need another Big.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#1230 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:59 pm

BNelley24 wrote:Do you guys think the Bulls would take Thad Young for Doug McDermott hypothetically?

That would be interesting, although they have plenty of big men to give minutes to and they seemed really fixated on McDermott to give up as much as they did to acquire him, so I don't believe so.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#1231 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:49 am

Greg Monroe & 76er Cap space article

http://pistonpowered.com/2014/08/12/phi ... roe-trade/
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1232 » by the_process » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:46 am

Time to rehash wing trades...

Wroten and Moultrie and GSW 2nd for Harrison Barnes

Seeing as how it makes perfect sense now that the Sixers will acquire (and immediately buyout) Stoudemire at the deadline for purposes of hitting the salary floor but spending less than it...here's a 3 way deal encompassing that plus the idea of acquiring McLemore (again):

NYK gets Landry (save 16.9m, out of tax)
PHI gets JThompson, McLemore, Stoudemire (uses 31.5m cap room, only pays out about 10m cash)
SAC gets Varnado and Grant (shot blocker who could play with Cousins plus a young prospect forward for development and depth, gets rid of two worst salaries)
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#1233 » by sixers23 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 am

oyoyer wrote:Time to rehash wing trades...

Wroten and Moultrie and GSW 2nd for Harrison Barnes

Seeing as how it makes perfect sense now that the Sixers will acquire (and immediately buyout) Stoudemire at the deadline for purposes of hitting the salary floor but spending less than it...here's a 3 way deal encompassing that plus the idea of acquiring McLemore (again):

NYK gets Landry (save 16.9m, out of tax)
PHI gets JThompson, McLemore, Stoudemire (uses 31.5m cap room, only pays out about 10m cash)
SAC gets Varnado and Grant (shot blocker who could play with Cousins plus a young prospect forward for development and depth, gets rid of two worst salaries)

how does that help golden state?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1234 » by Foshan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 am

I actually think it is a pretty solid deal for GS... almost to the point I'm not sure I wouldn't rather just keep Wroten.

Barnes hasn't really been very good. And his best ball has come as a PF, if I remember correctly. That is honestly the last thing we want IMO.

Wroten I believe is the same age or younger than Barnes. Moultrie could be cut after this year if he doesn't show anything.

Wroten actually could serve a pretty good role with GS in that Curry has an injury history, so being able to put in an energy guy to cut into his minutes wouldn't be a bad thing. Now GS did just sign Livingston to a big deal (3y@5Mper) which I really think was a mistake, because he has an injury history too. That said, for a contending team having a 4 guard line up of: Curry/Thompson/Livingston/Wroten is not a bad idea. Plus it lets Iggy get all his minutes at SF (which i think is ideal).

They have D.Green to back up Iggy (Green played better than Barnes IMO).

So it actually would kind of make sense. I think originally a GS fan came on and proposed that deal like 6months ago... that said, most other GS fans are not too keen on it.
TigerInYourTank
Senior
And1: 198

Post#1235 » by TigerInYourTank » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:05 am

Possible 3-way trade with Knicks to get Bledsoe and lose Saric?

https://www.facebook.com/Sixers/posts/10153165907072516

Daniel Berghoff‎Philadelphia 76ers

Don't be suprised if the Sixers make a trade with the Knicks next, and pick up Tim Hardaway Jr. in the deal, or do a three way trade with Phoenix, in which Hardaway goes to the Suns and the Sixers get Eric Bledsoe, and give up their rights to this years first round pick Saric, currently playing in Europe.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#1236 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:50 am

TigerInYourTank wrote:Possible 3-way trade with Knicks to get Bledsoe and lose Saric?

Don't be suprised if the Sixers make a trade with the Knicks next, and pick up Tim Hardaway Jr. in the deal, or do a three way trade with Phoenix, in which Hardaway goes to the Suns and the Sixers get Eric Bledsoe, and give up their rights to this years first round pick Saric, currently playing in Europe.

Why would Philly do that three way?
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1237 » by TigerInYourTank » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:Possible 3-way trade with Knicks to get Bledsoe and lose Saric?

You mean as opposed to just signing Beldsoe to an offer sheet? I am confused.

I think they'd do it while absorbing salary from Knicks (STAT), who would give PHX Hardaway Jr, and prompt the sign-and-trade from PHX. Otherwise, what would Philly want to give up for Bledsoe, other than their abundant cap space?
HartfordWhalers

Post#1238 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I think they'd do it while absorbing salary from Knicks (STAT), who would give PHX Hardaway Jr, and prompt the sign-and-trade from PHX. Otherwise, what would Philly want to give up for Bledsoe, other than their abundant cap space?

I don't think they would even do it with the cap space alone. But yes, if they are going to blow up their future cap space for a guy with no menicsus, I would expect them not to also take on 23m in deadweight of Amare.
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1239 » by TigerInYourTank » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:18 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I don't think they would even do it with the cap space alone. But yes, if they are going to blow up their future cap space for a guy with no menicsus, I would expect them not to also take on 23m in deadweight of Amare.

Let's not exaggerate, here. Removing a very small part of a meniscus is not that huge of a deal. I had it done very early on in my Marine Corps Infantry days, and I dealt with it just fine for nearly a decade. Yes, I have injury concerns over Bledsoe. No, I am not ready to call him out as having a deteriorating knee without some very hard evidence. Do you, or should I look just a bit harder online for what you are claiming?
HartfordWhalers

Post#1240 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:

Let's not exaggerate, here. Removing a very small part of a meniscus is not that huge of a deal. I had it done very early on in my Marine Corps Infantry days, and I dealt with it just fine for nearly a decade. Yes, I have injury concerns over Bledsoe. No, I am not ready to call him out as having a deteriorating knee without some very hard evidence. Do you, or should I look just a bit harder online for what you are claiming?

My understanding is even the removal of a small portion of it is viewed as serious considering the wear and tear and rigors associated with NBA play; although the size of the area removed is very important.

Considering his knee injury has already repeated before then, I would say it is a big red flag and Bledsoe's fit, talent and contract window don't match up well enough to be worth it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers