General 76ers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Re: General 76ers Thread 

Post#541 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:11 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:Why do we so often project Wiggins as a SG? Is it because we can argue he has "great length" for his position? Or, is it just "smart hoop commentary" from people projecting him as a finished product?

I acknowledge the elite overall athleticism of Wiggins. He may be a better athlete than LaVine, for instance, but I'm not sure that Wiggins has a higher ceiling. Wiggins is blown up way out of proportion, IMO.

Maybe Wiggins will hit his ceiling if he can develop a handle, finish aggressively at the rim and play lock down defense on four positions. Then he can be a cross between Dominique Wilkins and Scottie Pippen.

Wiggins didn't show much in SL. He wasn't on the first or second team. Wiggins has some serious work to do before his strident fans can beat their chests with, "I told you so"...

I didn't think much of LaVine coming out because he wasn't doing much at UCLA. With a few SL games played, I saw LaVine assume a lead role on his team. I continue to see Wiggins wandering. He's going to need an alpha dog on his team, IMO. Will he get LBJ or Rick Rubio?

not too many guys that young are "alpha dogs"

There can only be so many great players.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#542 » by sixers hoops » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
BoomBap wrote:I'm fine with Waiters. BUT BENNETT?? OMG!! HELL NO!

Bennett played well in SL. He's probably of equal value and interest to Sam.

Also, reports had Hinkie's targets at the 6th pick in last year's draft as Bennett, Oladipo, and Noel. Hinkie said that players can still have value despite not having success at their first stop, so he could still have interest in Bennett.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#543 » by MRxBLACK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 pm

ESPN Sucks
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#544 » by CoreyGallagher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Supposedly signed Pierre Jackson to a 1 year deal which doesn't make sense to me since his rehab will essentially be the entire season... So, why not sign him for longer?
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#545 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:Supposedly signed Pierre Jackson to a 1 year deal which doesn't make sense to me since his rehab will essentially be the entire season... So, why not sign him for longer?

I was hoping Sam would employ some nefarious strategy to keep Jackson without using a roster spot. Rats!!!
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#546 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:Supposedly signed Pierre Jackson to a 1 year deal which doesn't make sense to me since his rehab will essentially be the entire season... So, why not sign him for longer?

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7/24 ... eague-2014
Cokeleaf
Senior
And1: 131

Post#547 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Maybe Jack didn't want to sign a long term unguaranteed contract. He received decent exposure in the D-League last season
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#548 » by The Sixer Fixer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Posted this in another thread, but figured I would put it here too.

Looks like Ronald Roberts won't be an option for us. Apparently he's close to signing (or already has) overseas with Elan Chalon.

En revanche, selon nos informations, Ronald Roberts Junior (22 ans, 2m01) aurait trouvé un accord avec Chalon. Sa signature avec l’Elan serait imminente.

http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/livenews/chalon-5/2014/

Since I don't speak French, here's the translation compliments of Google translate...

However, according to our information, Ronald Roberts Junior (22 years, 2m01) have reached an agreement with Chalon. Signature with Elan is imminent.
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#549 » by Mr Sixer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 pm

In hindsight, would you guys rather have taken the Greek Freak instead of MCW with our pick?

I know taking him this high wasn't realistic given the info we had on him going into the draft and it sounds like a post that guy six6er would make trying to bash Hinkie, but ignoring that, hypothetically would you rather have Giannis right now?

I'm very happy with how the dominoes have fallen since that pick, but I feel like they would've fallen almost exactly the same with Giannis instead of MCW. Maybe we would've ended up with the worst record in the league which definitely would've changed things but who knows.

Personally, even though I like MCW a lot, I would rather have Giannis. Might be biased because I have greek heritage though.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#550 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:34 pm

I think MCW can be a top 5 PG in the league over a three year period of his career. I am higher on him than most. Still, Giannis probably has a higher ceiling.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#551 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 pm

http://www.nba.com/sixers/threading-nee ... ts-2013-14

Top 15 assists of the season, Wroten owns it.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

General 76ers Thread 

Post#552 » by MountainDrew » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Edit: nvm
Trust the Process
emptygator
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#553 » by emptygator » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:47 am

I've always really like omri casspi. I wouldn't mind picking him up on the cheap.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,524

Post#554 » by 76ciology » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Solving the Kazemi mystery..

PHILADELPHIA, PA. – JUNE 28, 2013 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today that they acquired the draft rights to forward Arsalan Kazemi (are-suh-lahn kah-ZEE-me) as part of a series of trades made during the second round of last night’s NBA Draft. Kazemi was selected 54th in the NBA Draft, becoming the first Iranian player drafted into the NBA.

The Sixers started by trading the 35th overall pick to Washington in exchange for the 38th overall pick and the 54th overall pick, where Kazemi was eventually selected.

The Sixers then traded the 38th overall pick to Milwaukee for the 43rd overall pick and Houston’s 2014 second round pick.

The Sixers then traded the 43rd overall pick to Dallas in exchange for Brooklyn’s 2014 second round pick.

So basically we traded the 35th pick in the 2013 draft (Glen Rice Jr) for..

- Kazemi (advanced stats player)
- McRae (Houston's 2014 2nd rounder; arguable better or the same level with Rice)
- Pierre Jackson (Nets 2nd rounder; could have been a steal if not for that f'n injury).
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#555 » by 76ersfan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:35 pm

76ciology wrote:Solving the Kazemi mystery..

PHILADELPHIA, PA. – JUNE 28, 2013 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today that they acquired the draft rights to forward Arsalan Kazemi (are-suh-lahn kah-ZEE-me) as part of a series of trades made during the second round of last night’s NBA Draft. Kazemi was selected 54th in the NBA Draft, becoming the first Iranian player drafted into the NBA.

The Sixers started by trading the 35th overall pick to Washington in exchange for the 38th overall pick and the 54th overall pick, where Kazemi was eventually selected.

The Sixers then traded the 38th overall pick to Milwaukee for the 43rd overall pick and Houston’s 2014 second round pick.

The Sixers then traded the 43rd overall pick to Dallas in exchange for Brooklyn’s 2014 second round pick.

So basically we traded the 35th pick in the 2013 draft (Glen Rice Jr) for..

- Kazemi (advanced stats player)
- McRae (Houston's 2014 2nd rounder; arguable better or the same level with Rice)
- Pierre Jackson (Nets 2nd rounder; could have been a steal if not for that f'n injury).

I would say we made out pretty well in that deal.
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#556 » by Agnostifarian » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Who is this character, Mike Elworth?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/artic ... d_16883776
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#557 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:Who is this character, Mike Elworth?

Don't know, but he sucks at writing. Cite the final paragraph, he repeats the same sentiment over and over and over.

Many think that he is a very bright GM and he may be, but when it comes to running an NBA team, to me he is clueless and lucky and no genius. Also, thinking about trading MCW, so they could draft Dante Exum, really? Sam Hinkie is collecting assets and can draft talent, but he is more lucky than talented and in no way has he proven that he can build a roster. Josh Morgan says he has a plan, but I cannot see one. To me he is a very poor GM and despite the strong collection of talent collected, he is just very lucky. He has to learn how to run an NBA team.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#558 » by Agnostifarian » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:Who is this character, Mike Elworth?

Don't know, but he sucks at writing. Cite the final paragraph, he repeats the same sentiment over and over and over.

Many think that he is a very bright GM and he may be, but when it comes to running an NBA team, to me he is clueless and lucky and no genius. Also, thinking about trading MCW, so they could draft Dante Exum, really? Sam Hinkie is collecting assets and can draft talent, but he is more lucky than talented and in no way has he proven that he can build a roster. Josh Morgan says he has a plan, but I cannot see one. To me he is a very poor GM and despite the strong collection of talent collected, he is just very lucky. He has to learn how to run an NBA team.

Amazing how the guy can read Hinkie's mind about trading MCW for Exum. Sam **** him anyway by drafting Payton to replace MCW BUT THEN, Sam got lucky again when ORL called up with Saric and another 1st rounder.

HOW LUCKY!!!
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#559 » by 76ersfan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Byron Mullens will go over and play in China.
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
76ersxMVP
Senior
And1: 83

Post#560 » by 76ersxMVP » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:33 pm

11h
Joel-Hans Embiid ✔ @JoelEmbiid
First cheesesteak in Philly pic.twitter.com/SPCE2sYltZRetweeted by Les Bowen
1,002 Retweets 2,777 favorites Collapse

Mario Hezonja. Sixers4lyfe. The 2015 Draft is critical for our future..

Return to Philadelphia 76ers