General 76ers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Re: General 76ers Thread 

Post#341 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:06 am

MasterHinkie wrote:Crazy idea, but let's say we drafted Wiggins and Gordon with our 2 picks (my ideal scenario ^_^), would we be allowed to stash them in Europe for a year? We could then draft another stud in the 2015 draft, but would the NBA allow it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

I wouldn't mind drafting Wiggins and Gordon, however they wouldn't win us a ton of games, we would still be in a situation to draft another stud in 2015. I suspect Thad will be traded eventually, mind you.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#342 » by snoopdogg88 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 am

MasterHinkie wrote:Crazy idea, but let's say we drafted Wiggins and Gordon with our 2 picks (my ideal scenario ^_^), would we be allowed to stash them in Europe for a year? We could then draft another stud in the 2015 draft, but would the NBA allow it?

dude i hope you just smoked a huge blunt and thats what caused you to suggest this insane idea
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#343 » by Kobblehead » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 am

Speights gets such a bad rap. Sure he's not much more than a scorer and has virtually no basketball IQ, but he's been an efficient productive back-up big in this league. He's played almost 6500 minutes at a 16.4 PER rate. He's been a good basketball player.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#344 » by James40 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:11 am

:banghead: Is the whole tanking, losing thing become fun for fans of the Sixers or something? I could see Hinkie telling Wiggins on draft day " Hey thanks for going pro, now get your plane ticket for Turkey"

I'm not sure if you know this or not but the Sixers need to figure out what they have in Brett Brown, is he Doug Moe or Phil Jackson? Somewhere in between? The rebuilding won't be done for a few years but the Sixers need to start improving year after year for this to work, not tank 2 years in a row.
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#345 » by BlackKnight » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:54 am

James40 wrote:

:banghead: Is the whole tanking, losing thing become fun for fans of the Sixers or something? I could see Hinkie telling Wiggins on draft day " Hey thanks for going pro, now get your plane ticket for Turkey"

I'm not sure if you know this or not but the Sixers need to figure out what they have in Brett Brown, is he Doug Moe or Phil Jackson? Somewhere in between? The rebuilding won't be done for a few years but the Sixers need to start improving year after year for this to work, not tank 2 years in a row.

I think the value of getting another top 5 pick next year (Okafor 8-) ) would outweigh the value of properly evaluating Brett Brown as a coach. We've seen enough of him to know he won't be the next Doug Moe lol and we'll have time to evaluate him after we're done tanking next year. After thinking about my idea, why not take it a step further? Next year, we could send MCW, Wiggins, Gordon/Pels pick, and Noel to a team in Europe. This would allow them to develop together on the same team and develop some chemistry while ensuring the 2014-2015 Sixers get another top pick.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#346 » by OleSchool » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:13 pm

MasterHinkie wrote:
James40 wrote:

I think the value of getting another top 5 pick next year (Okafor 8-) ) would outweigh the value of properly evaluating Brett Brown as a coach. We've seen enough of him to know he won't be the next Doug Moe lol and we'll have time to evaluate him after we're done tanking next year. After thinking about my idea, why not take it a step further? Next year, we could send MCW, Wiggins, Gordon/Pels pick, and Noel to a team in Europe. This would allow them to develop together on the same team and develop some chemistry while ensuring the 2014-2015 Sixers get another top pick.

I disagree, we have not seen enough of BB to know what he is going to be like in close game situations.

You can bring up the wins we had the beginning of the year but most of those close wins were miracle shots or guys (i.e. James Andersen) playing WAY above their skill level.

*edit*

You won't have to worry about tanking next year. Most teams will not be tanking and will actually be buyers. Unlike this year when teams were sellers. Next years draft won't be as pimpled as this one. So teams will be trying to make the PO's. We should have another top pick next year.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#347 » by reignfire » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Brett Brown is safe either way. He has been promised what Scott Brooks was promised when he coached those bad OKC teams.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#348 » by Negrodamus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 pm

MasterHinkie wrote:
James40 wrote:

The NBA is about producing money. You take the best, or most prominent, players off your team to go risk injury in a Euro league, the NBA will lose their ****. That directly affects their revenue. Not to mention ticket sales would be at an unprecedented low.
James40
Veteran

Post#349 » by James40 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm

reignfire wrote:Brett Brown is safe either way. He has been promised what Scott Brooks was promised when he coached those bad OKC teams.

His job in no way should be in jeopardy, but how he coaches real NBA talent needs to be judged. This nonsense talk of the Sixers being just as bad next year is ridiculous. If Noel is 100%, MCW, Wiggins/Parker/Randle( whomever in the top 3 with Thad, that's a good start, plus the Pelicans pick. They won't be a contender next year but a significant improvement over this year should be possible.

I'm pretty sure the overall value of the Sixers has gone up since Harris purchased the team but I can't see any owner being thrilled with next to last attendance which in turn keeps money out of his pocket. Sorry to the tank lovers but there are only two ways the Sixers are tanking next year, significant injuries, or Harris wants to move the franchise and can claim poor attendance as the reason.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#350 » by sixers hoops » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 pm

James40 wrote:
reignfire wrote:Brett Brown is safe either way. He has been promised what Scott Brooks was promised when he coached those bad OKC teams.

His job in no way should be in jeopardy, but how he coaches real NBA talent needs to be judged. This nonsense talk of the Sixers being just as bad next year is ridiculous. If Noel is 100%, MCW, Wiggins/Parker/Randle( whomever in the top 3 with Thad, that's a good start, plus the Pelicans pick. They won't be a contender next year but a significant improvement over this year should be possible.

I'm pretty sure the overall value of the Sixers has gone up since Harris purchased the team but I can't see any owner being thrilled with next to last attendance which in turn keeps money out of his pocket. Sorry to the tank lovers but there are only two ways the Sixers are tanking next year, significant injuries, or Harris wants to move the franchise and can claim poor attendance as the reason.

I don't think they make the playoffs, but could improve by 8-10 wins or so. They will add 3 talented rookies, but they won't have 2/3 of a season with hawes and turner. Their young players, like MCW, Hollis, sims, and Vanardo should improve marginally as well.

I don't see any impact free-agents, so my early line on wins next season would be about 24. However, it could be ugly again though with such a young roster.
James40
Veteran

Post#351 » by James40 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:03 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
James40 wrote:

I don't think they make the playoffs, but could improve by 8-10 wins or so. They will add 3 talented rookies, but they won't have 2/3 of a season with hawes and turner. Their young players, like MCW, Hollis, sims, and Vanardo should improve marginally as well.

I don't see any impact free-agents, so my early line on wins next season would be about 24. However, it could be ugly again though with such a young roster.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, 25-28 wins, hopefully the following season is when FA's start to look the Sixers direction, plus Lebron will be that much older so the Championship won't be going through him in another 3-4 years which is when hopefully the Sixers are ready to make a run.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#352 » by Sixerscan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm

James40 wrote:

A major improvement from the post trade deadline team maybe. Probably not that much better than they were prior to dumping Hawes, Turner, Lavoy though.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#353 » by Mik317 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:25 pm

I rather not tank again next season. I get why but I rather not...even if we miss out on Wiggins or whoever( I am hoping we are top 3). I would like to enjoy seeing my team win again. Being back to mediocre land next year would mean whoever we drafted is legit and MCW and Noel progress as well. I am not syaing, make win now moves but I rather not go into the deadline looking to get worse.

I was in for the tank this year...but tanking two years in a row wouldn't be cool to me. Next year is fully about developing dudes to win and holding them accountable.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#354 » by sixers23 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 pm

moultrie suspended 5 games for violating drug policy
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#355 » by SJSF » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Moultrie is a waste.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#356 » by MountainDrew » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:15 pm

cant wait till we cut this guy. absolutely useless.
Trust the Process
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#357 » by sixers hoops » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 pm

SJSF wrote:Moultrie is a waste.

We should keep him. He sucks enough to help us not make the playoffs, and turn that first we traded for him into 2 seconds.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#358 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Just cut the bum.
ESPN Sucks
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#359 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:56 pm

sixers23 wrote:moultrie suspended 5 games for violating drug policy

at least he can blame using drugs for his uselessness and laziness lol.

what a waste of a pick....Thorn and Collins regime gets another thumbs down.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ersxMVP
Senior
And1: 83

Post#360 » by 76ersxMVP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:45 pm

Mario Hezonja. Sixers4lyfe. The 2015 Draft is critical for our future..

Return to Philadelphia 76ers