ImageImageImage

General 76ers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Re: General 76ers Thread 

Post#701 » by eliasrapp98 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 pm

I have to admit, I'm sick of losing after this year. I support the tank, but this is so awful to watch and I worry about bad habits forming. Here's my ideal offseason...

#3 Mario Herzonja
#16 Rondae Hollis Jefferson

Sign:

Wes Matthews (3 years, 22.5 million)
Brandon Bass (2 years, 12 million)
Gerald Green (2 years, 16 million)
Brandon Wright (1 year, 7 million)
KJ McDaniels (3 years, 17 million)

PG: Carter-Williams, Wroten
SG: Matthews, Herzonja
SF: Green, McDaniels, Thompson, RHJ
PF: Noel, Saric, Bass
Cc: Embiid, Wright, Sims

That team wins 30-35 games and has veteran leadership to help the young guys. They get a taste of winning for once and a chance to see what making a playoff push is like. The sixers also get a chance to see MCW and Noel on a decent team before they extend them so they don't have to make guesses. Soon enough, the young players grow up and we have our core right around when some of the older guys expire giving us space to resign our guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

General 76ers Thread 

Post#702 » by 76ersfan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:38 pm

eliasrapp98 wrote:I have to admit, I'm sick of losing after this year. I support the tank, but this is so awful to watch and I worry about bad habits forming. Here's my ideal offseason...

#3 Mario Herzonja
#16 Rondae Hollis Jefferson

Sign:

Wes Matthews (3 years, 22.5 million)
Brandon Bass (2 years, 12 million)
Gerald Green (2 years, 16 million)
Brandon Wright (1 year, 7 million)
KJ McDaniels (3 years, 17 million)

PG: Carter-Williams, Wroten
SG: Matthews, Herzonja
SF: Green, McDaniels, Thompson, RHJ
PF: Noel, Saric, Bass
Cc: Embiid, Wright, Sims

That team wins 30-35 games and has veteran leadership to help the young guys. They get a taste of winning for once and a chance to see what making a playoff push is like. The sixers also get a chance to see MCW and Noel on a decent team before they extend them so they don't have to make guesses. Soon enough, the young players grow up and we have our core right around when some of the older guys expire giving us space to resign our guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like all those signings. Don't think KJ gets that much this summer. And I think Wes Matthews gets a good bit more than that.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#703 » by James40 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 am

It's early but when will we see Noel's free throw shot that BB worked with him on for 3/4s of last year? He should be better than a 30% clip.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,517

Post#704 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:39 am

I don't want to bring up any old threads so I might as well post it here..

We all know that the big market teams have the power to control the media and the league. And looking at these teams, I think they're in NBA's purgatory because they locked up their superstars like Kobe, Melo, Wade and Deron with ridiculous contracts that would leaves them little flexibility to sign FA or play the lottery game. With that said, don't you think they're secretly working behind the scenes with the media with all these lottery reforms so that they can have that chance to land a no.1 pick to make profit to sustain their team's finances while rebuilding while having that chance to compete if they ever landed a 1st pick? I also think that the agents and player union have got to be mad with sixers not spreading the wealth.

Because if you are a real analyst and understands the game, you can't help but support and applaud the mOves Hinkie has made so far.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#705 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 am

James40 wrote:It's early but when will we see Noel's free throw shot that BB worked with him on for 3/4s of last year? He should be better than a 30% clip.

It's a minimal sample size, 3/4 of last season is literally a few months...
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#706 » by SexDrugsPnR » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:22 am

Do you remember last season's 76ers?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/stevedeluc ... rs-players

I only got 21 out of 28. How embarrassing...
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#707 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:20 pm

SexDrugsPnR wrote:Do you remember last season's 76ers?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/stevedeluc ... rs-players

I only got 21 out of 28. How embarrassing...

Way more difficult than I expected.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#708 » by MRxBLACK » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:34 pm

I got 21/28 too.
ESPN Sucks
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#709 » by Mik317 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:45 am

22/28

I can't believe I forgot about KwameDaGawd
#NeverGonnaBeGood
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#710 » by KramerDSP » Sat Dec 6, 2014 5:31 am

I was wondering about the season ticket holder who is basically our version of Nicholson. Anyone know who he is and what his story is? I think I've seen him with that towel right by the scorekeeper since the Iguodala days.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#711 » by Eyeamok » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Magic to the Lakers..... Just Tank Baby !
Flip Sanders...... We are going to rebuild instead of retool (just tank baby).

coming soon to an NBA program near you.
Pistons
Knicks

This is why Silver tried so hard to change the lottery system. The 76ers set out a blueprint and different teams are following it in one way or another.

The really crazy part is This season this team was not supposed to happen. Yes the teams was designed to be bad but....it was going to be a lottery team consisting of MCW, Noel and Parker or Wiggins. Not an injured Embiid.

I wonder where this team would be, win total wise, now if we had either Parker or Wiggins on this team?

Just for the record I love the picking of Embiid, it was the only pick to make.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#712 » by Eyeamok » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm

About those 2nd round picks that Hinkie loves to accumulate. Someone pointed out that the percentages of 2nd round picks making it in the NBA is small. But here is the thing that makes being a 2nd round pick of the 76ers unique. 2nd rounds picks can actually get a chance to play big minutes in big games and develop in an actual NBA environment not just during practice time.

If Hinkie can make a legitimate hit on several of his 2nd round choices now other executives in the league take notice. This league is a copycat league! I have to believe that no other executive believes the guy in Golden State or the guy in Minnesota is smarter than he is. The mindset has to be If executive x he can do something so can I! So if Hinkie is able to hit on 1 or 2 or 3 2nd round picks and turn them into contributing members of a team. All of a sudden the value of 2nd round picks goes up. If you show how to utilize a resource more effectively and increase its value then that resource becomes more valuable.

People can rise to the level of expectation. If you draft a 2nd round player and give him an opportunity to thrive and actually get some playing time. This may actually change his mindset. No longer does he just see himself as a bench warmer or a member of the practice squad. But he starts to see himself as an integral part on the team. He sees other players drafted before him, sitting on the bench of other teams, never seeing the light of day in a game. And he sees players having to go overseas to play professional basketball. In essence if he can stick with the 76ers he is getting a paid apprenticeship. Now I know not every 2nd round will adopt this mindset but all you need is for a few to adopt this mindset and boom you have very good players that know their role and what is expected of them in your system. And you build a solid bench in the process. And if you are lucky a starter or two!

Let me just say in closing I am still waiting for Hinkie and company to get back to me on this theory!

Marlo
WorldBeFree
Starter
And1: 406

Re: AW: General 76ers Thread 

Post#713 » by WorldBeFree » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Eyeamok wrote:About those 2nd round picks that Hinkie loves to accumulate. Someone pointed out that the percentages of 2nd round picks making it in the NBA is small. But here is the thing that makes being a 2nd round pick of the 76ers unique. 2nd rounds picks can actually get a chance to play big minutes in big games and develop in an actual NBA environment not just during practice time.

If Hinkie can make a legitimate hit on several of his 2nd round choices now other executives in the league take notice. This league is a copycat league! I have to believe that no other executive believes the guy in Golden State or the guy in Minnesota is smarter than he is. The mindset has to be If executive x he can do something so can I! So if Hinkie is able to hit on 1 or 2 or 3 2nd round picks and turn them into contributing members of a team. All of a sudden the value of 2nd round picks goes up. If you show how to utilize a resource more effectively and increase its value then that resource becomes more valuable.

People can rise to the level of expectation. If you draft a 2nd round player and give him an opportunity to thrive and actually get some playing time. This may actually change his mindset. No longer does he just see himself as a bench warmer or a member of the practice squad. But he starts to see himself as an integral part on the team. He sees other players drafted before him, sitting on the bench of other teams, never seeing the light of day in a game. And he sees players having to go overseas to play professional basketball. In essence if he can stick with the 76ers he is getting a paid apprenticeship. Now I know not every 2nd round will adopt this mindset but all you need is for a few to adopt this mindset and boom you have very good players that know their role and what is expected of them in your system. And you build a solid bench in the process. And if you are lucky a starter or two!

Let me just say in closing I am still waiting for Hinkie and company to get back to me on this theory!

You only play players who show promise or fit into your system or outworks the team in practice. Nothing will change about it, 2nd round picks who are worth beeing in the league find the way to more pt. Other executives know that, they dont need to Copy Hinkie with 6 2nd rounders or so. In fact we only have 30 2nd rounders in the draft, so they cant. One guy doing it is enough, or do you want to split all the 2nd rounders for 4 teams or so

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#714 » by Phila Tough » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:06 pm

2014-15 Philadelphia 2 - 22 .083 5th Atlantic Division - -
2013-14 Philadelphia 19 - 63 .232 5th Atlantic Division - - DNQ
2012-13 Philadelphia 34 - 48 .415 4th Atlantic Division - - DNQ
2011-12 * Philadelphia 35 - 31 .530 3rd Atlantic Division 7 - 6 .538 Lost East Conf Semis
2010-11 Philadelphia 41 - 41 .500 3rd Atlantic Division 1 - 4 .200 Lost East Conf 1st Rd
2009-10 Philadelphia 27 - 55 .329 4th Atlantic Division - - DNQ
2008-09 Philadelphia 41 - 41 .500 2nd Atlantic Division 2 - 4 .333 Lost East Conf 1st Rd
2007-08 Philadelphia 40 - 42 .488 3rd Atlantic Division 2 - 4 .333 Lost East Conf 1st Rd
2006-07 Philadelphia 35 - 47 .427 3rd Atlantic Division - - DNQ
2005-06 Philadelphia 38 - 44 .463 2nd Atlantic Division - - DNQ
2004-05 Philadelphia 43 - 39 .524 2nd Atlantic Division 1 - 4 .200 Lost East Conf 1st Rd
2003-04 Philadelphia 33 - 49 .402 5th Atlantic Division

Our best season in the last 10 years was 43 wins. :noway: And people are mad at us for finally tanking? We were the poster child of treadmilling and mediocrity. Better days are ahead. Go Sixers :)
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#715 » by James40 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Is there any word on J Rich?
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#716 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:24 am

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... pirit.html
J-Rich shooting

Richardson participated in shooting drills with shooting coach Gene Burroughs following the shootaround. The 33-year-old was impressive from three-point land.

Richardson has been sidelined since January 2013, when he injured his left kneecap. He expects to return before the all-star break in February.

He will probably be traded for another 2nd rd pick.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#717 » by Foshan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20141222_Sixers_Notes__Brown_wants_to_fill_out_roster__see_more_spirit.html
J-Rich shooting

Richardson participated in shooting drills with shooting coach Gene Burroughs following the shootaround. The 33-year-old was impressive from three-point land.

Richardson has been sidelined since January 2013, when he injured his left kneecap. He expects to return before the all-star break in February.

I'm totally okay with that.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#718 » by ckchen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:37 am

Foshan wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20141222_Sixers_Notes__Brown_wants_to_fill_out_roster__see_more_spirit.html
J-Rich shooting

I'm totally okay with that.

We should be so lucky that he would even warrant a 2nd round pick.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#719 » by Eyeamok » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh Iverson you are gone but will not be forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6prU6GjHO9w

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Re: AW: General 76ers Thread 

Post#720 » by Eyeamok » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:23 pm

You only play players who show promise or fit into your system or outworks the team in practice. Nothing will change about it, 2nd round picks who are worth beeing in the league find the way to more pt. Other executives know that, they dont need to Copy Hinkie with 6 2nd rounders or so. In fact we only have 30 2nd rounders in the draft, so they cant. One guy doing it is enough, or do you want to split all the 2nd rounders for 4 teams or so

Sent from my D2303 using RealGM Forums mobile app

To your first point.

You only play players who show promise or fit into your
system or outworks the team in practice.

The more people you have coming through your door the more of
a chance you have of finding that diamond in the rough.
If you only have 1 2nd round pick as opposed to 7. Your chances
increase, even if it's only slightly.

Nothing will change
about it,

Do you know why the NBA tried to change the way the lottery is done
this year. Because they see what the 76ers are doing. And they wanted
to stop other teams from doing it going forward. To assume nothing will
change is to assume that you can see the ripples of effects
made by Hinkie's moves. Like it or not if Hinkie is successful in rebuilding
this team and making it a contender. Other teams will follow suit sooner than
later. The ripples are even starting to form now.

2nd round picks who are worth beeing in the league
find the way to more pt.

Really!!! Not everyone progresses at the same level. Playing on the
76ers gives guys the one thing they can't get on most teams or in
practice. Actual playing time in front of a large audience and
against other professional players. This one factor alone will do more
to increase a players confidence and game time knowledge at a faster rate
than you would sitting on the bench or brining it in practice.
I bet if you took a poll of 2nd round picks that are sitting on the bench
on other teams and ask them if they would rather be in a losing situation
getting a lot of playing time with the 76ers or be on the bench for the
Golden Sate Warriors never getting any playing time. What do you think
their answer would be? But what do I know.

Other executives know that, they dont
need to Copy Hinkie with 6 2nd rounders or so

And you know this because? You write as if you are stating
facts. Look throughout the NBA you will see it is a copycat league.
At one point everyone wanted twin towers, PG centric leage, you need
a superstar to win, you need two superstars to win. Now the big 3.
When something works other executives do the same thing. That is a
fact. Also another fact is we, the fans, don't know exactly what
the stockpiling of the 2nd round picks is about. Maybe it all about
accumulating them and then throwing them into a deal plus a 1st round
pick for that one special player or for moving up 7 spots in the draft
for someone else. If Hinkie uses these picks as a sweetener and it works
other executives will take notice.

In fact we only
have 30 2nd rounders in the draft, so they cant. One guy doing
it is enough, or do you want to split all
the 2nd rounders for 4 teams or so

I had to laugh at this statement. So just because Hinkie is doing
it all the other executives should throw up their hands and say.
"Ok my entry to the 2nd round market is closed." You are writing
in absolutes. If Hinkie finds a way to turn these 2nd round picks
into a marketable asset, or adds them to the end of a big trade, or
manages to develop a lot of good bench players and adequate starters.
2nd round picks as a whole, especially for teams who are in similar
situations like the 76ers will take on a whole new importance.

And before you feel the need to respond or defend what you wrote.
I readily admit my original
post was just a theory I'm waiting for Hinkie and
company to get back to me on it. This is just one man’s opinion.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers