ImageImageImage

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread 

Post#1 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:49 am

I probably have tried to get a Flyers thread going every year for the last couple of seasons, but it didn't gain much interest. Anyway, there was some discussion going on about the Flyers in the Phillies thread, so I figured we give it a go again.

The Flyers clinched a playoff spot tonight with a 5-2 win over Florida.

Many counted the Flyers out back in November after a rocky start that cost Lavy his job. I like how this team is playing right now. Giroux scored 2 tonight and is staying hot after having a dominant month in March.

3 more games left in the regular season (@ Tampa, @ Pitt, vs Carolina) and then it's time for the Playoffs. Finally a Philadelphia team we can feel good about.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Re: Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread 

Post#2 » by sixers23 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:56 am

whats the likely playoff matchup at this point?
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#3 » by MRxBLACK » Wed Apr 9, 2014 3:10 am

The Flyers are dangerous and I like their chances vs. any team in the east besides Boston.
ESPN Sucks
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 9, 2014 3:38 am

sixers23 wrote:whats the likely playoff matchup at this point?

We'd play the Rangers, which isn't a match-up I think we would like. I'd rather get the Pens to be honest.
Here Lies The Process
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 3:57 am

I'll be posting here for a few weeks!

LET"S GO FLYERS!!!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by sixers23 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 4:36 am

GoSixersBro wrote:

We'd play the Rangers, which isn't a match-up I think we would like. I'd rather get the Pens to be honest.

Why can't we play Montreal
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#7 » by ZarcMumoff » Wed Apr 9, 2014 5:19 am

GoSixersBro wrote:

Pens-Flyers playoff series is always fun.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 8:25 pm

Hey all, just wanted to drop in to mention check out the NHL boards as well, we're trying to get more activity in the other sports forums!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#9 » by eliasrapp98 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 am

bondom34 wrote:I'll be posting here for a few weeks!

LET"S GO FLYERS!!!

OT, but how did you become a fan of teams from 3 different cities? Do you live OKC? What's your sports team history?
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:23 am

eliasrapp98 wrote:

LET"S GO FLYERS!!!

OT, but how did you become a fan of teams from 3 different cities? Do you live OKC? What's your sports team history?

Actually, OKC's the one that makes no sense geographically! :lol:

NBA: Never really followed a ton, but was first a spurs fan as a little kid (they were my biddy bball team's nickname), then my first jersey was Reggie Miller, became a Pacers fan til the malace at the palace, then became a Lebron fan (pre decision he seemed really down to earth) and followed the Cavs til the decision, which was right when KD announced his extension quietly via twitter. I really thought that was cool and made me respect him so I became a Thunder fan and now I actually like Westbrook as my favorite player, but this is the first NBA team that I really like as a whole and can just follow the team as a whole, not specific players.

I grew up in northeastern PA (live in Virginia now), so Flyers/Phils made sense geographically. I grew up a Giants fan b/c my dad is one (noone knows why, but his dad was a Giants fan as well, so I was born into it). That's the weird story of my NBA fandom!
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTyfaI8sU2o[/youtube]
Here Lies The Process
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by sixers23 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 am

bondom34 wrote:
eliasrapp98 wrote:

LET"S GO FLYERS!!!

NBA: Never really followed a ton, but was first a spurs fan as a little kid (they were my biddy bball team's nickname), then my first jersey was Reggie Miller, became a Pacers fan til the malace at the palace, then became a Lebron fan (pre decision he seemed really down to earth) and followed the Cavs til the decision, which was right when KD announced his extension quietly via twitter. I really thought that was cool and made me respect him so I became a Thunder fan and now I actually like Westbrook as my favorite player, but this is the first NBA team that I really like as a whole and can just follow the team as a whole, not specific players.

I grew up in northeastern PA (live in Virginia now), so Flyers/Phils made sense geographically. I grew up a Giants fan b/c my dad is one (noone knows why, but his dad was a Giants fan as well, so I was born into it). That's the weird story of my NBA fandom!

so youre a front runner pretty much lol
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 am

sixers23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
eliasrapp98 wrote:OT, but how did you become a fan of teams from 3 different cities? Do you live OKC? What's your sports team history?

How so?

3 of the 4 teams I've followed my whole life, and OKC's never won a title......
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by sixers23 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 am

bondom34 wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Actually, OKC's the one that makes no sense geographically! :lol:

How so?

i dont see how you can change teams like that especially to ones with the best players

i shouldnt be resepcted as a fan if i just decide to stop rooting for the sixers and root for the clippers next season
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:53 am

sixers23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
sixers23 wrote:

How so?

i dont see how you can change teams like that especially to ones with the best players

i shouldnt be resepcted as a fan if i just decide to stop rooting for the sixers and root for the clippers next season

Ah so only the NBA...I was never a fan of a team really prior to OKC (my dad doesn't watch NBA, so I never grew up w/ it), I always just had a favorite player. One retired, the other's kind of a jerk. KD and Westbrook are actually cool guys from what I can gather. I told myself before the decision I'd keep rooting for Lebron, but couldn't do it after that showing.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#16 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:44 am

The Flyers' OT win over Pittsburgh yesterday guaranteed them a first round match-up with the New York Rangers. Our guys have dominated the Pens in their house. I think they mentioned we've won 9 of the last 11 games in Pittsburgh.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbVv8Zauxeo[/youtube]

We dropped a close one at home this afternoon to Carolina, but the game was meaningless and we played our goalie from the Phantoms who let up some soft goals. However, we did trail 4-1 and forced OT and came up short in the shootout. Glad that the scoring attack is balanced and everyone is chipping in.

Couturier's goal was absolutely filthy: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/couturier-dangles-great-breakaway-goal-222004271.html
Here Lies The Process
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#17 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 am

Couturier is going to be a Flyer for a very long time. Such a valuable player to have.
ESPN Sucks
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#18 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Anxiously counting down the hours till Thursday night. Stealing one at MSG would be huge.
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#19 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Puck drops at 7PM tonight on CSN Philly and CNBC.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i9Bpu8xRXs[/youtube]
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Mason is out again for Game 3 and is eyeing a return for Game 4 on Friday.

Not too concerned, honestly. He needs a couple practices under his belt before throwing him out there in a playoff game. Emery has been solid. Slow moving laterally, but made some nice saves Sunday afternoon in our Game 2 win.

Back in Philly tonight hoping to take the series lead. Let's hope Giroux sets the tone early. A goal would do wonders for his confidence.
Here Lies The Process

Return to Philadelphia 76ers