No votes

Total votes: 92

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Sixers fans big board: Pick #1 (POLL) 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Who is your number 1 pick for the SIxers to draft?

Using Draft express mock for the top 9 left, and will add whoever gets nominated from other or the next in the line as updating.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Re: Sixers fans big board: Pick #1 (POLL) 

Post#2 » by the_process » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm about 95% on Wiggins. I'm not more than 80% on anyone else. Gotta pray the ping pong balls fall correctly. :pray: :pray: :pray: May 11th, right?
HartfordWhalers

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:26 pm

oyoyer wrote:I'm about 95% on Wiggins. I'm not more than 80% on anyone else. Gotta pray the ping pong balls fall correctly. :pray: :pray: :pray: May 11th, right?

May 20th.

I went Wiggins as well, bringing it already to 9 - 1.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#4 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm the lone Embiid vote so far. If he's cleared by the doctors, and I'm assuming he will be, he's my pick at 1.
ESPN Sucks
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#5 » by Agnostifarian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:39 pm

MRxBLACK wrote:I'm the lone Embiid vote so far. If he's cleared by the doctors, and I'm assuming he will be, he's my pick at 1.

Embiid! AGREED!!!
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
AAKing23
Junior
And1: 171

Post#6 » by AAKing23 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm

My board is Wiggins, Embiid and then Parker
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#7 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Embiid.

Both has equal upside, IMO. Wiggins has his length and explosiveness. Embiid has his length and special skillset.

The difference is that right now Embiid looks more like a franchise player caliber than Wiggins. I just have a personal belief that it would take a really advanced skillset and mentality for you to build your team around a guard or a swingman. Just like MJ, Kobe, LBJ and KD. And it's sad to say that I just don't see it in Wiggins right now. Wiggins is more of a TMAC/Paul George type player who's more suited for the "robin" role or playing under a talented collective talent team.

While with Embiid, you can easily build your team around him. He's a very good low post player, an improving perimeter shooter, a guy who can create opprotunities for himself and others at the post and a guy who can anchor your team's defense and rebounding. When you breakdown his game, it's hard not to see his franchise player potential.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#8 » by OleSchool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Embiid for me too.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the hardest thing to get in BBall is your front court. If you have a chance to draft talent at the 5 and 4 you do it.

Bball is still a big mans game. The reason why the star wings (i.e. LBJ) are winning chips is because there aren't enough dominate big men in the game today.

Also, we don't have enough talent on this team to draft for position. IMO Embiid could be the best player in this draft (providing he stays healthy and is developed properly).
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by OleSchool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

76ciology wrote:Embiid.

Both has equal upside, IMO. Wiggins has his length and explosiveness. Embiid has his length and special skillset.

The difference is that right now Embiid looks more like a franchise player caliber than Wiggins. I just have a personal belief that it would take a really advanced skillset and mentality for you to build your team around a guard or a swingman. Just like MJ, Kobe, LBJ and KD. And it's sad to say that I just don't see it in Wiggins right now. Wiggins is more of a TMAC/Paul George type player who's more suited for the "robin" role or playing under a talented collective talent team.

The other point I would like to add is, if I am taking a potential superstar at the wing I need the guy to be able to ISO. I don't know if Wiggins will develop his handles enough to ISO at the end of games/halves/etc.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#10 » by Foshan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

I went Wiggins. While I love Embiid as a prospect, i just think people are going to fall out of their chairs when Wiggins has his individual workouts.

And just so i understand what we're doing, this isn't the order we think the draft will go necessarily, but how the sixers would have guys ranked? Or ...
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by OleSchool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Foshan wrote:I went Wiggins. While I love Embiid as a prospect, i just think people are going to fall out of their chairs when Wiggins has his individual workouts.

And just so i understand what we're doing, this isn't the order we think the draft will go necessarily, but how the sixers would have guys ranked? Or ...

I assume its what we would do if we had the 1st pick

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#12 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 pm

OleSchool wrote:

The other point I would like to add is, if I am taking a potential superstar at the wing I need the guy to be able to ISO. I don't know if Wiggins will develop his handles enough to ISO at the end of games/halves/etc.

Yup. If you are going to surround a guy with your offense, the guy should either be capable to drop 30-40 points in any given night like Jordan, Kobe, KD or Durant or atleast drop 20+ pts while being able to create for others. None of these characteristics I've seen in wiggins. I'm not saying Wiggins suck or anything. I'd also be glad if we were able to land him, but the point is, I'd rather have Embiid for he has far more impact at both ends of the court.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#13 » by Skates » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Wiggins has a high floor, Paul George-lite at a minimum, and a very high ceiling if he reaches his full potential, perenial first or second team all-NBA for 6-7 years at his prime. I have no clue where in that range he will fall in the end since it is the evolution of his game and mindset that will determine all of that, but with a floor that high he combines high upside and limited downside.

Admittedly I think Embiid has the potential to be the most dominating player in this draft, but injury concerns (this is the second time he has had back issues and unusually large humans have generally bad injury potential) prior to hearing what the team doctors think knock him to number two for me.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by OleSchool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

76ciology wrote:
OleSchool wrote:

Yup. If you are going to surround a guy with your offense, the guy should either be capable to drop 30-40 points in any given night like Jordan, Kobe, KD or Durant or atleast drop 20+ pts while being able to create for others. None of these characteristics I've seen in wiggins. I'm bot saying Wiggins suck or anything. I'd also be glad if we were able to land him, but the point is, I'd rather have Embiid for he has far more impact at both ends of the court.

Agreed!

PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#15 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:07 pm

a little early too tell.....alot weighs on the medical reports on Embiid's back.

If its not likely to be an issue, Id go towards him. Size and Skill is just too game changing to pass on.

If it could be an issue, Id go with WIggins. Cant afford to miss with our pick
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
HartfordWhalers

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:07 pm

OleSchool wrote:
Foshan wrote:I went Wiggins. While I love Embiid as a prospect, i just think people are going to fall out of their chairs when Wiggins has his individual workouts.

I assume its what we would do if we had the 1st pick

Yep, just our preference.

So Philly cannot have a 6th pick in this draft (i kid, Hinkie could trade for anything), but when we get there, who would be our 6th favorite target etc.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#17 » by Tony Franciosa » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 pm

my stomach is going to be in knots until Lottery night, but I want Wiggins, Parker, then Embiid.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#18 » by the_process » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
MRxBLACK wrote:I'm the lone Embiid vote so far. If he's cleared by the doctors, and I'm assuming he will be, he's my pick at 1.

Embiid! AGREED!!!

Even if he's cleared, back and leg injuries on big men tend to be chronic. I love Embiid's potential, but he has to be healthy to reach that potential. Color me scared. Now, if the Sixers have the 4 pick and Embiid is there, count me in. Value is too great to pass up in that scenario.
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#19 » by 42uptop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Plan A: Embiid
Plan B: Parker
Plan C: Wiggins or Exum
Plan D: Depression
I speak the truth.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by OleSchool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:22 pm

42uptop wrote:Plan A: Embiid
Plan B: Parker
Plan C: Wiggins or Exum
Plan D: Depression

Plan D should be Vonleh, and secretly I have him ranked 2nd (after Embiid) on MY WISH list for draft day.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers