76ersxMVP
Senior
And1: 83

Charles Barkley Thinks the Sixers Can Sign LeBron James 

Post#1 » by 76ersxMVP » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 am

eBron James[Yardbarker: Tue 4/15 9:53 PM]
Charles Barkley Thinks the Sixers Can Sign LeBron James
Source: http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/artic ... s/16279997

COREY SIPKIN/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Hall of Famer and former Sixer Charles Barkley believes the Sixers can sign LeBron James as he enters free agency this offseason, as Barkley told the Mike & Ike Show on WIP. With the good young players they got, I think [Philly] is going to be a destination for a guy. I really do. This is the first time they ever really had any money since this thing started with all these players trying to ban together and get together. The Sixers will finish 2nd to last in the NBA this season, and have a 19.9% chance of getting the No. 1 overall pick (the lowest their pick can be is 5th overall). With Michael Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel, another first rounder on top of the top five pick, and a supporting cast consisting of guys like Thad Young and Tony Wroten, there’s no doubt the Sixers can be a tempting spot for LeBron James. It also doesn’t help that they have an insane amount of cap space and can certainly afford him.
Mario Hezonja. Sixers4lyfe. The 2015 Draft is critical for our future..
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Re: Charles Barkley Thinks the Sixers Can Sign LeBron James 

Post#2 » by Mik317 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 am

lolno.

If LeBron leaves the Heat it would be to go with another established star. I highly doubt he wants to leave Miami to babysit guys who by the time they reach their peaks, he will be on the downside.

I could see us nabbing Love next FA and that's only if one of our dudes explode and LA doesn't want him...and even then.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#3 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:40 am

Mik317 wrote:lolno.

If LeBron leaves the Heat it would be to go with another established star. I highly doubt he wants to leave Miami to babysit guys who by the time they reach their peaks, he will be on the downside.

I could see us nabbing Love next FA and that's only if one of our dudes explode and LA doesn't want him...and even then.

I think the selling point there talking about is we could be a destination because of 1.our amount of cap space and 2.young talent on rookie deals IF LeBron wanted to leave Miami, and wanted to pair up with say....Carmelo who's also a FA, we could pitch the possibility.

Bron,Melo,MCW,Noel,Thad,Top 5 pick,Top 10 pick.

If guys are still trying to pair up with others, theres a limited amount of teams in the league with the ammo to make it happen....we are essentially one of the teams who could accommodate right now.And on top of being able to financially afford it, we could have a pretty promising core intact that could intrigue someone looking for a change of scenery and place to potentially win.

I think Love is a much more realistic acquisition but I don't think LeBron is a realistic possibility....but hey, we can dream.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#4 » by Sixerscan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 am

But Tony Wroten tho
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#5 » by snoopdogg88 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 am

Nerlens Noel, Andrew Wiggins, Michael Carter-Williams, Brett Brown, big market, good sports city

I can think of worse places to come in 2015.
geradix
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#6 » by geradix » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

I suspect Hinkie is targeting Durant in 2016
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#7 » by Wilfried » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am

geradix wrote:I suspect Hinkie is targeting Durant in 2016

Tempting
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#8 » by Skates » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Barkley says the darndest things, just like a big, ol' kid. :lol:
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#9 » by Embiid P » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Meh I'm not going to bank on it.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#10 » by sixers hoops » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:

I think the selling point there talking about is we could be a destination because of 1.our amount of cap space and 2.young talent on rookie deals IF LeBron wanted to leave Miami, and wanted to pair up with say....Carmelo who's also a FA, we could pitch the possibility.

Bron,Melo,MCW,Noel,Thad,Top 5 pick,Top 10 pick.

If guys are still trying to pair up with others, theres a limited amount of teams in the league with the ammo to make it happen....we are essentially one of the teams who could accommodate right now.And on top of being able to financially afford it, we could have a pretty promising core intact that could intrigue someone looking for a change of scenery and place to potentially win.

I think Love is a much more realistic acquisition but I don't think LeBron is a realistic possibility....but hey, we can dream.

I imagine with certain lineups Bron would prefer Melo, but he could be better off bringing Bosh with him. Bosh doesn't get in his way.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#11 » by sixers23 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

if you are entertaining this as a possibility i feel sorry for you
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#12 » by OleSchool » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:03 pm

We do have the cap space, say we try and sign LBJ and Monroe. Plus, with the 2 top 10 pick we got, MCW, and Noel. LBJ could see this as a desirable destination.

Won't happen but Hinkie gave us those options.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,603

Post#13 » by Slacktard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:19 pm

I think there's a zero chance this happens unless Wiggins is a Sixer. Wiggins has been at LeBron's camps and is going to represented by LeBron's agent who happens to be one of LeBron's best friends. Wiggins will be the second best client he has (after LeBron). I could see him talking to LeBron about how great if the two of them could be on a team together.

Chances of it happening with Wiggins? Slightly more than 0%. Still less than 1%.

Noel/Bosh/LeBron/Wiggins/MCW.

Draft a shooter with the Pels pick like Stauskus or Dougie Baskets to come off the bench.

Thad becomes a super-sub off the bench and potential 6th man of the year.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#14 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Well adding LeBron would be a huge bonus. As slacktard said, I believe our chances are higher if we land Wiggins. Without Wiggins I don't see any chance at all. It seems like a stretch, but I honestly don't see any good landing spots for LeBron like there were last time. If he's a smart, he stays in the Eastern conference. Besides MIami, who else actually has a better combo of money (can afford 2 max FA's) and young core (assuming Wiggins)?

Indiana - No $
Miami - Possibly, depends on Wade/Bosh
NYK - No $
Brooklyn - No $
Chicago - Can make room for 1 free agent, but given rivalry, would he go there?
Toronto - Don't see a connection but maybe a dark horse?
Washington - No $
Charlotte - Lol
Detroit - No $
Orlando - Possibly, can make room for 2 max FA's, potential top pick
Boston - Room for 1 max FA? Potential top pick
Cleveland - Obvious connection, maybe $ for 2 FA's depending on Kyrie
Atlanta - Room for 1 max FA?
Philly - Only team in East with room for 2 max FA
Milwaukee - Room for 1 max? Potential top pick

Obviously, a lot of financial changes can be made to acquire space to make room for LeBron and/or an additional FA. However, as it stands, the East is his best bet if he wants to continuously have the best chance to reach the finals. Not likely, but there is absolutely no reason to say there is a 0% probability when there is something greater than that.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#15 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Edit: Double post, sorry
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#16 » by snoopdogg88 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 pm

In the summer of 2015 when LeBron is ready to bail on Miami, the Sixers are going to be a VERY attractive option in my opinion.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#17 » by KKell2507 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:29 am

snoopdogg88 wrote:In the summer of 2015 when LeBron is ready to bail on Miami, the Sixers are going to be a VERY attractive option in my opinion.

Well if he leaves Miami, it would be this off-season. I guess it will really hit the news after the playoffs are over, but it's interesting how little attention the free agent class is getting. With LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Melo, and Dirk all available this off-season, plus a few others, it's quite the major free agent class.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#18 » by Phila Tough » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Lebron can win a championship then he could dart somewhere else. I want to see the young guns come up
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,603

Post#19 » by Slacktard » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 pm

KKell2507 wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:In the summer of 2015 when LeBron is ready to bail on Miami, the Sixers are going to be a VERY attractive option in my opinion.

Well if he leaves Miami, it would be this off-season. I guess it will really hit the news after the playoffs are over, but it's interesting how little attention the free agent class is getting. With LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Melo, and Dirk all available this off-season, plus a few others, it's quite the major free agent class.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

If Miami wins I think there's a 99.9% chance he stays because he will have a chance to four-peat and cement his legacy since Jordan or Kobe never did that. Of course Bill Russell was there for all of those 8-straight Celtics titles, but I think LeBron looks more to those superstars of the last two or three decades.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#20 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 pm

I'd think James would rather play with Embiid of any top draft prospects. He could be an elite center that wouldn't take away from LeBrons game offensively (in fact, his 70+% in the paint would improve LeBron's assists), and would be a massive plus on the defensive end as a rim protector. Add Nerlens as a PF and you have a very interesting, fun team.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers